Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,470
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:41:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Nintendo Switch: Thread 2: The Drift

Started by madhair60, September 05, 2019, 11:28:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

are you a Switch Bitch

Yes
48 (60.8%)
No
6 (7.6%)
Raoul Moat
25 (31.6%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Timothy

Really curious to see Nintendo's 2021 line-up. Only games that have been announced so far are Monster Hunter Rise, Bravely Default II and BOTW II right?

Kelvin

Quote from: Timothy on January 05, 2021, 12:13:51 PM
Really curious to see Nintendo's 2021 line-up. Only games that have been announced so far are Monster Hunter Rise, Bravely Default II and BOTW II right?

BOTW2 hasn't actually been confirmed for 2021. That's just an assumption people have made based on development time and 2021 being Zelda's 35th Anniversary year.

popcorn

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on January 05, 2021, 03:23:58 PM
Just want Metroid Prime 4.

I really do too, just replayed Prime 2 on GC and had a good time.

I never played Prime 3 because I skipped Wii. I see it had good reviews but a lot of the footage I've watched makes me a bit concerned. Lots of rubbish Xboxy NPCs and voice acting.

Kelvin

Quote from: popcorn on January 05, 2021, 03:27:24 PM
I really do too, just replayed Prime 2 on GC and had a good time.

I never played Prime 3 because I skipped Wii. I see it had good reviews but a lot of the footage I've watched makes me a bit concerned. Lots of rubbish Xboxy NPCs and voice acting.

Nah, the opening has a bunch of NPC's and set pieces and feels a bit like a poor man's Halo, in terms of setting and tone, but once the main game starts, it's mostly just Samus alone on planets again. The game's really good. Not Metroid Prime 1 levels, obviously - but then what is?

Pink Gregory

Wondering now if Bayonetta 3 is actually going to happen...pretty much the only thing I'm waiting for.

Kelvin

Quote from: Pink Gregory on January 05, 2021, 04:20:59 PM
Wondering now if Bayonetta 3 is actually going to happen...pretty much the only thing I'm waiting for.

Director said it was "coming along nicely" or something, just a few days ago.

Mango Chimes

There's been a lot of rumours of a proper spec bump in the style of the DSi and new 3DS. If one is coming, I'd expect that before BOTW2.

peanutbutter

Which Labo would you recommend? Obviously only really care about the building process but would like to get one before  the unused ones become absurdly expensive collectables

Kelvin

New Monster Hunter Rise trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AvNMIY1HjQ

Looks like another great instalment. Very excited for this.

Kelvin

Quote from: peanutbutter on January 07, 2021, 02:01:03 AM
Which Labo would you recommend? Obviously only really care about the building process but would like to get one before  the unused ones become absurdly expensive collectables

I haven't got any of them, but I'd probably say the kit with the fishing rod, as that had the most variety.

Kelvin

Trailer for the new Bowser's Fury mode in the upcoming Super Mario 3D World port.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppkX8epoD9g

I hadn't planned to get this again, as I had it on Wii U, but tbh, this new mode does look really fun, almost like something from Odyssey.

Consignia

Yeah, Bowser's Fury looks great but it also looks kinda short. Maybe it can lay the groundworks for a new title adjacent to an Oddsesy style line. The open world, but 3D world style gameplay looks ace.

Kelvin

Yeah, it will just be a couple of hours that mode, I suspect. But that's no bad thing if it's really fun and replayable.

peanutbutter

Quote from: Kelvin on January 07, 2021, 07:19:17 PM
I haven't got any of them, but I'd probably say the kit with the fishing rod, as that had the most variety.
Got the robot one cos it's by far the cheapest right now and looks like it'd have the best potential as a co-op building project.

Then a super low bid I put in for the wheel one won when I didn't expect it to... so I guess I'll do the robot one with my friend cos it's the most disposable and if it's at all fun we'll do the wheel one too.

jobotic

Got my son the fishing rod one for Xmas - stupidly hard to find though. He loved building it, although now he has he hasn't played it that much!

peanutbutter

Quote from: jobotic on January 15, 2021, 04:47:03 PM
Got my son the fishing rod one for Xmas - stupidly hard to find though. He loved building it, although now he has he hasn't played it that much!
Yeah I wanted to get one as a Christmas gift too, they're on the verge of becoming collectibles for sure.

The game is just an excuse to build it really. There's tons of built ones for sale on eBay that seem oblivious to that.

brat-sampson

They Live

50m(!) Nintendo Direct(!!) tomorrow evening UK time.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1361676737730519042

QuoteTune in 2/17 at 2 p.m. PT for a #NintendoDirect livestream featuring roughly 50 minutes of information focused on available games like Super #SmashBrosUltimate and games coming to #NintendoSwitch in the first half of 2021.

http://ninten.do/6017pfriD

Chedney Honks

First Direct in two and a half years. Exciting stuff for Smash Bros fans.

Can't wait for them to announce a Smash Bros. character that nobody wants.

Consignia

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on February 16, 2021, 03:22:24 PM
Can't wait for them to announce a Smash Bros. character that nobody wants.

Got my fingers crossed for an anime sword user. Some one from Fire Emblem, maybe?

Beagle 2

QuoteTune in 2/17 at 2 p.m. PT for a #NintendoDirect livestream featuring roughly 50 minutes of information focused on available games like Super #SmashBrosUltimate and games coming to #NintendoSwitch in the first half of 2021.

"Just to stress, this will be a waste of time".

Spiral King

Probably.

Announce that you're porting Galaxy 2, ya swines.

Kelvin

If those cheeky cunts announce that they're releasing Galaxy 2 as a separate, standalone port after forking out for 3D Allstars they can get fucked.

Except they will and I'll buy it like a good boy

Consignia

I really wish we (as a game buying public) could have organised ourselves into boycotting lazy shit like 3D All Stars. I like the games in it (bones with 64 aside, but that's a personal thing), but the barebones limited releases is just something Nintendo are going to keep doing.

So yes, I will be bending over backwards to accept Galaxy 2. Grudgingly.

Kelvin

Its Zeldas 35th anniversary in a few weeks, so im guessing we'll get some Zelda related stuff, with the most likely news being a port of Windwaker HD and Twilight Princess HD, and maybe a port of Skyward Sword? Anything more than that, and I'll be pleasantly surprised.

popcorn

Do you think they will release a patch for Breath of the Wild SO IT'S ACTUALLY INTERESTING NOW?

ha ha ha ha

big lols

ha ha ha ha

aaaaaaaaaaarrghhhhhh.

Spiral King

Quote from: Kelvin on February 16, 2021, 05:06:33 PM
If those cheeky cunts announce that they're releasing Galaxy 2 as a separate, standalone port after forking out for 3D Allstars they can get fucked.

Except they will and I'll buy it like a good boy

My theory is they're splitting all the 3D Marios up for a little extra per game, and adding Galaxy 2 as a "it's all right mate, just consume please" condolence.

And yes. I will buy it.

Kelvin

Quote from: popcorn on February 16, 2021, 05:47:15 PM
Do you think they will release a patch for Breath of the Wild SO IT'S ACTUALLY INTERESTING NOW?

ha ha ha ha

big lols

ha ha ha ha

aaaaaaaaaaarrghhhhhh.

your mum and dad need to release patch for you

popcorn