Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 07:36:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Nintendo Switch: Thread 2: The Drift

Started by madhair60, September 05, 2019, 11:28:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

are you a Switch Bitch

Yes
48 (60.8%)
No
6 (7.6%)
Raoul Moat
25 (31.6%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Kelvin

Kelvin

Yet again, my first thought on seeing the Smash character was, "Madhair won't be happy about that".

Magnum Valentino

All these games make me feel ancient. Everything's so busy.

buntyman

New Mario golf game and fall guys. That'll do me very nicely thanks lads

Kelvin

That was the single worst Direct I've ever seen in my life. Only one game that remotely interests me (the last one), and when they revealed it wasn't out until 2022 I howled with laughter. 

popcorn

Still Metroid Prime 4 and that online-ready HD port of F-Zero GX look good.

Timothy

Quote from: Kelvin on February 17, 2021, 10:56:55 PM
That was the single worst Direct I've ever seen in my life. Only one game that really interests me (the last one), and when they revealed it wasn't out until 2022 I howled with laughter.

Agreed. Quite disappointing.

Zelda Skyward Sword is 60 euros. Quite a steep price for such an old game.

Kelvin

Quote from: Timothy on February 17, 2021, 10:59:51 PM
Agreed. Quite disappointing.

Zelda Skyward Sword is 60 euros.

Absurd. Stick Windwaker and Twilight Princess in there, at the very least. They already have HD versions. I like Skyward Sword a lot, but I'm not buying it again, full price, as a standalone game.

Timothy

Wouldnt surprise me if they port them over later and sell them full price as well.

This Direct was horrible. And for a Direct that was suppose to focus on Q1 2021 there is a lot of stuff that releases way later this year or next year.

madhair60

Quote from: Kelvin on February 17, 2021, 10:17:25 PM
Yet again, my first thought on seeing the Smash character was, "Madhair won't be happy about that".

Nah mate, tits

AIDS tier direct

kidney

On the plus side, by now they must be running out of anime swords-people to add to Smash, rrrrrrriiiiiiight?

Kelvin

Quote from: kidney on February 17, 2021, 11:35:32 PM
On the plus side, by now they must be running out of anime swords-people to add to Smash, rrrrrrriiiiiiight?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGLMi9kXTRI

BritishHobo

Yeah, wank that was. Where fuck is Mario Kart 9

Kelvin

Bazooka

When is the Wii U getting ported to Switch?

Spiral King

All you had to do was lazily port a roughly 10 year old game from the Wii, Nintendo, and I would have been foolishly delighted. This isn't what I meant.

Chedney Honks

Great Direct, lots on offer there if you have an open mind.

Jerzy Bondov

Quote from: kidney on February 17, 2021, 11:35:32 PM

There's only two character slots left so plenty of room for another Fire Emblem and another Xenoblade character

Consignia

I don't really play Smash a lot, but I did like Xenoblade 2, and I think having Rex would have been a far better choice with his style being like the actual game where you can switch between blades, which affects the style he plays, like Pokemon Trainer. With that you could more diversity of blades as well rather than just boring Hikari/Homura, not just limit to swords.

Half the problem is that Fire Emblem/JRPG games have sword users as the protagonist, so you inevitably end up with them bulking the roster out if their series is represented. Half the problem would avoided if there weren't so many Fire Emblem characters.

popcorn

Bazooka

Just re-skin Yoshi with Gregg Wallace.

brat-sampson

There's some good stuff there, especially for Switch-only players. Octopath Tactics will probably be good, Skyward Sword was good, Outer Wilds is fucking *amazing*, etc. Personally I might be in for Famicom Detective games if they review well, same with Bravely Default 2 and that one from the Danganronpa lads. Monster Hunter will be incredible, but I'll never play it. The rest was Meh for me. Did enjoy Knockabout City for being a trailer that was much more interesting than the game...

Thursday

It wasn't that bad, but building up to "We've got nothing to show from BOTW2, here's HD Skyward Sword... look it's a bit like BOTW, it's got a stamina metre!!!" left a sour taste. Especially combined with "Splatoon 3 isn't even out until next year, and who knows what month."

Timothy

Quote from: brat-sampson on February 18, 2021, 11:50:09 AM
There's some good stuff there, especially for Switch-only players. Octopath Tactics will probably be good, Skyward Sword was good, Outer Wilds is fucking *amazing*, etc. Personally I might be in for Famicom Detective games if they review well, same with Bravely Default 2 and that one from the Danganronpa lads. Monster Hunter will be incredible, but I'll never play it. The rest was Meh for me. Did enjoy Knockabout City for being a trailer that was much more interesting than the game...

The happiness about the release of Skyward Sword (still think it's a great game) completely shattered when I read they're selling it for 60 euros. No way I'm paying full price for a 10 year old port.

Famicom Detective and the Danganronpa Dev game are looking great though. Definitely buying those.

Still not sure about Bravely Default. Loved the first one but didn't really like the demos of II. Waiting for reviews on that one.

Pink Gregory

Chedney Honks

Enjoying Capcom Arcade Stadium and Bowser's Fury which is good because I can't really be arsed with games at the moment. I feel like I haven't enjoyed a 'new' game since TLOU2.

Aw, man. You'll get your mojo back.

Do you feel like you want to play games but you're just not enjoying them? I've had that in the past when lots of shits going on.
Or do you feel like you're having more fun doing other things and you've moved on?

Cat Mario is fantastic! You can be a princess and a cat! That'll put a smile on your face.

I've felt like you haven't been your passionate, buoyant self of late, I don't like it :( That was always a constant anchor for me when I logged into online world!

Chedney Honks

Thanks, man. To be honest, most of my enthusiasm is in films at the moment. There's loads of stuff I'm enjoying there so I'm happy to just not be playing much while that's the case. I'm sure my interest will pick up again. I've really enjoyed some bits and bobs over the last nine months or so, Missile Dancer, Crimzon Clover, Demon's Souls but when a new Mario game doesn't hold my attention for more than an hour, I've got to accept I'm just not feeling the gaming right now. I'm more excited about Jackie Chan's Young Master turning up on Monday and watching The Red Shoes again. Generally, though, like all of us, I'm just fucking knackered. I will bounce back in a couple of months, I'm sure. Thanks for asking, look after yourself.

You're a good lad, honky tonk. Hopefully I'll still be near the top of the hill cheering you on. Just step aside if you see my big bollock bulk rolling towards you!