are you a Switch Bitch

Yes
26 (60.5%)
No
3 (7%)
Raoul Moat
14 (32.6%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Author Topic: Nintendo Switch: Thread 2: The Drift  (Read 79624 times)

Chedney Honks

• When life gives u no hair, ball spin
Re: Nintendo Switch: Thread 2: The Drift
« Reply #870 on: March 04, 2021, 09:00:47 PM »
Also intrigued by Captain Toad, remember it being described on here as 'vent tier'

Hahaha

Profound nostalgia for the vent days already.

« Reply #871 on: March 05, 2021, 06:22:43 AM »
Fuckit I'm playing OlliOlli and Tetris and it's the best time I've had in years.

« Reply #872 on: March 05, 2021, 09:43:05 AM »
Oooh I did not know it was 2 player. Always looking for games to play with my lad (also 3) and this sounds just the ticket.

I assume it's a thousand billion pounds and I also want new Mario so I guess that's me remortgaging and heading over to the concealing purchases from your partner thread.

It's £35 but it regularly goes on sale for £25 on the eShop if you can wait.

Kelvin

• The best bits of a pantomime horse
  • Silver Member
  • With skin the colour of a freshly peeled apple
« Reply #873 on: March 15, 2021, 10:37:46 PM »
I've never been particularly hot on Mario 3D World. I honestly think it's a very polished, but fairly middling game overall.

But Bowser's Fury. I'm not saying it's actually the best 3D Mario, but if you said that, I wouldn't call you crazy. My God, it's good.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 10:49:35 PM by Kelvin »

« Reply #874 on: March 16, 2021, 12:35:40 AM »
I'm enjoying Bowser's Fury but it's a bit weird that I could do without the Bowser mechanic... you need him to show up to do the fury blocks which is a bit annoying, and other than that him showing up is a mild inconvenience when you're doing something else.

Kelvin

• Silver Member
« Reply #875 on: March 16, 2021, 01:06:48 AM »
Yep, thats literally my only niggle with it.

In every other way, I think it's absolutely sublime. Cant wait to see how (if) they develop the idea in their next full Mario game. It really does feel like the perfect balance of linear platforming and open world exploration.Just needs to drop the Bowser bits and add in a few more original characters and side quests.

Kelvin

• Silver Member
« Reply #876 on: April 09, 2021, 09:55:20 PM »
Anyone tried the new Pac-man 99 game thats replaced Mario 35?

Its a big step down from Tetris 99 and Mario 35, both of which were really, really good, I thought. There's just far too much shit on screen in Pac-man 99, I cant imagine trying to.play it handheld.

« Reply #877 on: April 10, 2021, 08:01:26 AM »
Yeah, there’s a lack of obvious cause and effect in this. It’s not as easy to understand and visceral as “jump on enemy, send to rival, extend time” or “clear lines, send to rival”.

It just feels like 99 people playing their own distinct games of Pac-Man. You can send red and yellow Pac-Men to other players but it’s not particularly obvious how you do it. It just feels totally random. You might as well be playing Pac-Man 256.

Also, sticking skins behind a paywall isn’t going to drive engagement. It’s just fucking greedy.

Consignia

• Deviant
  • Silver Member
  • 저는 사과예요
« Reply #878 on: April 10, 2021, 10:49:23 AM »
I'd echo both your sentiments; it feels like a really poorly conceived idea, just desperate to do next "Whatever 99". I loved both Tetris and Mario variants as well.

There's just far too much shit on screen in Pac-man 99, I cant imagine trying to.play it handheld.

I play exclusively in handheld, and it isn't too bad. It's more the whole concept has a confusing amount of information that makes play frankly not fun.

Beagle 2

• Silver Member
« Reply #879 on: April 12, 2021, 11:24:13 PM »
This is the first time I've played 3D World and of course it's great but I wouldn't say I've totally clicked with it yet. I've just come off the back of playing through Galaxy (the best), Mario 64 (I went back through some old threads on here and it seems that people are not so fond of it but I still love the feel of it more than anything), and so I'm perhaps taking some time to adjust.

Is the music hot dogshit though? I have been hungover for the last two days to be fair but it's making my arse ache.

Bowser's Fury is interesting. If it is a test run for what's next I'm not totally sure I want it. It does look pretty tods in handheld with the framerate and generally feels a bit of a cluttered assault on my nervous system. Nah it's good though. Is it good?

Really have been very hungover.

Tags: