Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 11:58:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Supergrass to Reform?

Started by DrGreggles, September 05, 2019, 02:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phantom_power

Talking of "Britpop" comebacks, I see Salad have a new album out

Icehaven

Quote from: sevendaughters on September 09, 2019, 06:16:36 PM
yeah The Verve and Placebo were considered New Grave, all the Hut Records bands

And Marion and Mansun. I think if at least one member had black hair and/or occasionally wore eyeliner (if a bloke) then you were somehow New Grave. For the whole 5 minutes that it was a thing anyway.

Jockice

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on September 11, 2019, 04:42:41 PM
Stuart Maconie claimes to have coined the phrase but I have a 1970's Fab annual somewhere which uses the term Britpop to describe the band, Kenny. Who oddly enough some members look like the older brothers of Stereophonics.

I'll never forgive my sister for telling me that they came from my home town. I believed that for years.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on September 11, 2019, 04:36:50 PM
It actually got quite unpleasant with the people around us before security was involved. There was nearly a punch up.

Well, I'm sorry to hear that and all, but you could at least have said "Nice joke, Lisa, btw", you miserable git.

Honestly, put me in the huff now, that has.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: phantom_power on September 13, 2019, 10:39:30 AM
Talking of "Britpop" comebacks, I see Salad have a new album out

SALAD WEREN'T BRITPOP!
Might have to check out that album, too. Came out with some good, interesting tunes, did Salad. "Drink Me" was a classic album, so it was. I still put up the video for "Your Ma" every Mother's Day on me Facebook page.

DrGreggles

'grass ticket sorted for Leeds on the Sunday.