Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:26:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Grimes

Started by Head Gardener, September 05, 2019, 05:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I like the newest song, but once again I'm not sure it bodes well that this is supposed to be a lead single. It's a good album track.

Pauline Walnuts

I think in these days of Spotty files and other things I don't quite understand, (people paying for ones and zeros?) the concept of singles and album tracks is pretty much antiquated.

Quote from: OnlyRegisteredSoICanRead on November 17, 2019, 05:33:58 PM
I think in these days of Spotty files and other things I don't quite understand, (people paying for ones and zeros?) the concept of singles and album tracks is pretty much antiquated.

How??? I think singles are more important than ever because fewer and fewer people actually purchase or listen to full albums. Of course they're not actually "singles" anymore, but "hit songs," "lead YouTube videos," whatever you want to call it.

H-O-W-L

Quote from: OnlyRegisteredSoICanRead on November 17, 2019, 05:33:58 PM

Sorry?

Pauline Walnuts

Quote from: H-O-W-L on November 17, 2019, 06:13:57 PM
Sorry?

When every track is available on Spotify, the market, not the artist chooses the 'single'.

This is not an original idea.

Head Gardener

Norton Canes

This is just an album of sex music, great! 

H-O-W-L

Quote from: OnlyRegisteredSoICanRead on November 17, 2019, 06:56:00 PM
When every track is available on Spotify, the market, not the artist chooses the 'single'.

This is not an original idea.

That's not how track releases work, mate, and never has been?? Singles have always been released in the leadup to the album. That's how singles work. They're teasers of a coming album to promote it.

Quote from: H-O-W-L on November 06, 2019, 01:47:10 PM

Very baffled where the accusations of misogynism are coming from. I think she's a shit artist who has sold out her principles to become more popular. Her gender has nothing to do with it for me. I threw Trent Reznor under that very same bus a couple years back, though it wasn't documented here because I wasn't using this site at the time. Is it misandrist for me to say I think he's a rubber-faced bone man who's lost absolutely all of spark and has been an unrelenting shitehawk toward his vastly far too forgiving fans? Is it really?

You leave Rez alone!

Not sure how he can be accused of selling out. Peak Rez was undoubtedly mid 90s, and the output post-millenium has changed gears all over the place. Everything after the hiatus has been pretty much the antithesis of selling out - If anything it's been more a case of an artist doing what they want rather than pandering to 'the market' to shift records. And while Hesitation Marks was pretty bad, the EPs since have been decent. And the soundtrack stuff is hardly the act of a 'sell out' either.

Why is Grimes even a thing to discuss? Fuckin total crap. It's like an alternate dimension where Best Coast are on GMTV or something. What the fuck is happening? How is this total fucking crap have the attention of anyone at all? Two good dumps ten years ago or something and then a trail of diarrhoea everyone's splashing in. Just leave it.

H-O-W-L

Quote from: drummersaredeaf on November 21, 2019, 05:00:11 PM
You leave Rez alone!

Not sure how he can be accused of selling out. Peak Rez was undoubtedly mid 90s, and the output post-millenium has changed gears all over the place. Everything after the hiatus has been pretty much the antithesis of selling out - If anything it's been more a case of an artist doing what they want rather than pandering to 'the market' to shift records. And while Hesitation Marks was pretty bad, the EPs since have been decent. And the soundtrack stuff is hardly the act of a 'sell out' either.

Pretty much everything he's said about his fanbase in the last few decades has been pretty heinous. I can't be fucked to find the exact quotes and all, forgive me, but after the remarkably good move of PWYW with Ghosts he's started fucking whinging about fans being entitled and not wanting to pay enough money for his masterpieces. Like, fucking hell mate, there's a limit.

Goldentony

NIN arent worth it now yer mans off heroin and into steroids and snickers bars and making music for the films

Pauline Walnuts

Ok, what's the point of a review that lasts longer than the thing it's reviewing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xraghkFt-Os

Well, the answer is for the advertising money.

And there's nothing wrong If it's for a good review, one that says things that are interesting, insightful or entertaining in their own right.

For a 2 µM surface level, descriptive review, less so.

wasp_f15ting

That new track is lovely, looking forward to this album.

sevendaughters

can't get past the babyvoice and the cheesy rainforest style percussion

Quote from: sevendaughters on December 13, 2019, 11:42:06 AM
can't get past the babyvoice and the cheesy rainforest style percussion

Hasn't that always been the Grimes sound?

hummingofevil

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on December 13, 2019, 04:16:38 AM
I like this one (new): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGwmFIphNcg

Have just got my good headphones out to listen to this in excited anticipation. Urgh.

"Jogging" drum and bass (as I refer to it) it the worst music ever. I fucking love Jungle and garage so much but that bum..... chunk, bum... chuck lazy beat is the worst thing in music. Utter dogshit that track. Soz.

That track without the beats is a mint ambient track.

Quote from: hummingofevil on December 14, 2019, 03:10:57 AM
Have just got my good headphones out to listen to this in excited anticipation. Urgh.

"Jogging" drum and bass (as I refer to it) it the worst music ever. I fucking love Jungle and garage so much but that bum..... chunk, bum... chuck lazy beat is the worst thing in music. Utter dogshit that track. Soz.

That track without the beats is a mint ambient track.

That's a fairly small part of the song, imo

Head Gardener

imitationleather

That kid is going to be even more evil than Prince George!

BlodwynPig

Pauline Walnuts

Quote from: imitationleather on January 09, 2020, 04:14:42 PM
That kid is going to be even more evil than Prince George!

These days it's perfectly normal for a mother to post a topless picture when she's announcing she's great with child.

Quote from: BlodwynPig on January 09, 2020, 04:47:03 PM
Groans

Grimes

Captain Z

Change the channel, Marge.

Head Gardener

Icehaven

First baby in space.

Edit; Actually forget that, he's apparently already got 5 sons! No wonder he was so keen on rescuing that football team in the cave, he was just practising for when he has to rescue his own kids from a Martian ravine.

idunnosomename

He is a paedophile who has sex with children. I have legal precedent to claim this

chveik

phantom_power

Poor kid doesn't stand a fucking chance

Head Gardener

Grimes baby, perhaps