Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:15:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stupid questions you always wanted answering

Started by Mr_Simnock, September 05, 2019, 11:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a duncandisorderly

stuff like reply #173 there make it all worthwhile. cheers, buzby.

Quote from: poodlefaker on September 17, 2019, 08:22:54 AM
What was Jesus' surname?

Dunno but his middle name was Humphrey, which he hated so just used the initial.

NJ Uncut

In professional wrestling kayfabe, who cues the music for surprise appearances and how do the wrestlers arrange for their music to be played should they stand tall?

... What? It's plenty stupid!

touchingcloth

Has a bombing plane ever accidentally bombed a co-bomber midair?

buzby

Quote from: touchingcloth on September 19, 2019, 09:45:37 PM
Has a bombing plane ever accidentally bombed a co-bomber midair?
Yes, it happened occasionally in WWII, mostly to the USAAF as they flew in very tight formations on bombing missions. This B17 lost half of it's horizontal stabiliser:

It also occasionally happens during test flights - in this video of an F-18 stores release test, the concrete dummy weapon shape does not release cleanly and gets caught in the wake vortex, causing it to smash into the wing of the TA-4 chase plane that was filming the test.

touchingcloth

Why are members of the House of Representatives called Congresswo/man while Senators are not even though that's what they are?

Why is this thread in HS Art?

Ferris

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on September 09, 2019, 07:12:12 PM
Those religious types were overthinking it, the ark was just one of those big cruise ships.

I posted it in the "fuck my hat" thread, but both the Ark and heaven are given specific dimensions in the bible. Here's the size of heaven (though the bible notes that it would float and orbit the earth, so make of that what you will.

Quotethe height, length, and width are of equal dimensions – as it was with the Holy of Holies in the Tabernacle and First Temple – and they measure 12,000 furlongs (which is approximately 1500.3 miles, or 1 furlong = approx 220 yards).

Not clear enough? Ok, for the visual learners at the back - here's a diagram I found online, as made by some good natured religious people.

...so there you go.

touchingcloth

How do people walk outside without their hair getting immediately mussed by the wind? Is almost everyone else using hairspray/product regularly? Do I have unusually wispy hair?

(Sorry for this hurtful question on a bald forum)

Ferris

Quote from: touchingcloth on September 26, 2019, 01:59:22 AM
And the ark?

Quotethe ark is to be 300 cubits long, 50 cubits wide, and 30 cubits high

A cubit is about 50cm, so 15 metres high, 25 metres wide, 150 metres long. About 2/3 the size of the Titanic, but they didn't use doves which is why they sank.

touchingcloth

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on September 26, 2019, 02:51:48 AM
A cubit is about 50cm, so 15 metres high, 25 metres wide, 150 metres long. About 2/3 the size of the Titanic, but they didn't use doves which is why they sank.

Thanks. I'd like you to find a diagram of these dimensions on a globe.

NJ Uncut

Quote from: touchingcloth on September 25, 2019, 09:15:08 PM
Why are members of the House of Representatives called Congresswo/man while Senators are not even though that's what they are?

Why is this thread in HS Art?

I posted a pro graps question (I really want an answer, it wasn't a joke, stupid as it is!) and it seems to be why as happened right after........

Ferris

Quote from: touchingcloth on September 26, 2019, 05:47:18 PM
Thanks. I'd like you to find a diagram of these dimensions on a globe.

I'll get right on that

NJ Uncut

Alberon

How does the sun wear sunglasses?

Notwithstanding manufacture, which would need disassembly of all the planets plus more as raw material, what would survive the intense heat and gravity?

NJ Uncut

Quote from: Alberon on September 27, 2019, 11:14:45 PM
How does the sun wear sunglasses?

Notwithstanding manufacture, which would need disassembly of all the planets plus more as raw material, what would survive the intense heat and gravity?

Can't answer directly, but I WANT THAT BRAND

ohno

I want to know why they switched the colours of salt n vinegar and cheese and onion crisp packets. I still get confused and I think it's been about 20 years now. Annoying Cunts.

Dex Sawash

What question was it that was the final straw that caused this thread to get sandboxed?

NJ Uncut

Quote from: Dex Sawash on October 03, 2019, 01:06:02 AM
What question was it that was the final straw that caused this thread to get sandboxed?

Quote from: NJ Uncut on September 19, 2019, 06:23:39 PM
In professional wrestling kayfabe, who cues the music for surprise appearances and how do the wrestlers arrange for their music to be played should they stand tall?

... What? It's plenty stupid!

Still waiting for answer.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Dex Sawash on October 03, 2019, 01:06:02 AM

None. I just couldn't stand logging on to see it every day for the next however many years. There's been iterations of this thread before, running to almost 200 pages each with the two most popular ones. I have ADHD or something and really can't stand to read the same threads over and over again for days, months, years.

At first I thought, gah, I'll just sticky it and try to ignore it, but the amount of megathreads of late, and the constant need to read them to find stuff to split off... nah I just couldn't take it. There's been a huge spambot influx again over the last couple of months, too, so I'm already bogged down with boring, dull chores as it is.

If you have a question you really want an answer to, then make a separate thread out of it. There are was a far richer diversity of topics when we weren't getting totally clogged up with megathreads again.

buzby

Quote from: ohno on October 03, 2019, 12:53:26 AM
I want to know why they switched the colours of salt n vinegar and cheese and onion crisp packets. I still get confused and I think it's been about 20 years now. Annoying Cunts.
They didn't. The standard colour code was always Blue for Salt & Vinegar and Green for Cheese & Onion. The only company* that did not adhere to this was Walkers, who swapped the colours. Unfortunately Walkers were taken over by Lays/PepsiCo in 1989, and have since used the financial weight of thier parent to dominate the market, taking over Smiths in 1995 and buying a number of ex-Golden Wonder brands when that company was broken up by it's venture capitalist owners in the early 2000s.

However, Walkers reintroduced the Smiths band at the 'value' multipack end of the market to supply the likes of B&M, Poundland, Home & Bargain etc., and they have used the conventional colour coding for that band instead of the Walkers standard incorrect colours.

*Apart form Tayto, who for some reason use Yellow bags for Cheese & Onion, but we never used to get them in the mainland UK (we do now after they expanded on the mainland after buying the Golden Wonder brand and some of their factories when their owner went bankrupt in 2006)

touchingcloth

I hate Walkers for their colouring. Not only is it different to every other manufacturer, it's also logically incorrect. Salt and vinegar is blue because salt comes from the sea, which is blue. Cheese and onion is green because cheese comes from cheese, which is green.

Sebastian Cobb

Do chickens make and shit out one egg at a time or is there several in the chute?

Ferris

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 09, 2019, 10:06:54 PM
Do chickens make and shit out one egg at a time or is there several in the chute?

I also want to know this.

bgmnts

Hens lay one egg a day so you'd have to think they are constantly backed up in there.

I imagine its like constantly needing a big shit.

Dex Sawash

Ive seen a chicken disassembled and theres a sort of egg tree up there.. Sort of a helix with increasingly large eggs as you go to one end.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Dex Sawash on October 10, 2019, 03:29:52 AM
Ive seen a chicken disassembled and theres a sort of egg tree up there.. Sort of a helix with increasingly large eggs as you go to one end.

So does someone have to pull that out in the abbatoir?

Dex Sawash

Dex Sawash