Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 08:19:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Alternatives to iTunes

Started by Puce Moment, September 06, 2019, 03:16:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puce Moment

I know I am about a decade behind with this, but I do finally need to find a reliable player as an alternative to iTunes. The last time I did this was in about 2010 and there were some free software available but I found they had an equal amount of weird bugs and idiosyncracies and I just stayed in the comforting, familiar but totally dysfunctional arms of iTunes.

I use Spotify for music mainly (I know, I know....) but I am also finding myself starting to buy digital downloads more, plus I am learning the violin and I need to be able to access sound files and such.

HELP!

QDRPHNC

I'm happy with Google Music. I uploaded all my mp3s so now I have the same music library wherever I am, no maintaining it on my phone, on my computer, etc.

Puce Moment

THANKS! OK, so Google Play allows you to access mp3s and AAC files and set-up folders? Given that I now have a Pixel 3 that seems to make a lot of sense.

QDRPHNC

If you have a pixel it makes perfect sense. The interface could be better, but it organizes everything automatically based on tags (Tagr is a good basic tag editor, well worth the 5 quid or whatever it costs.)