Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,473
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 03:29:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Council

Started by biggytitbo, September 07, 2019, 07:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggytitbo

Really loving this little episodic adventure game -

Plot starts out as a kind of grand political conspiracy thriller, with you invited to an english aristocrats island mansion in the late 17th century, where he has gathered influential global figures like Manuel Godoy, Napoleon Bonaparte and George Washington to form an illuminati style 'council' to try and manipulate world affairs. Really quality writing and characterisation, lots of good plot twists, secret rooms, ancient manuscripts, double crosses, murders etc. Then it all takes a twist half way through into the supernatural.

Plays like a mix of a traditional Broken Sword-esque adventure game, an RPG and a Deus Ex style immersive sim - so there's exploration, puzzle solving, collecting objects and dialogue with other characters, alongside light RPG elements like maintaining your character's attributes with collectibles, and a full skill tree with different upgrade paths. A central gameplay mechanic is the 'confrontation', which is like a standard dialogue sequence with an NPC that you get in an adventure, but where different branches can be unlocked depending on what skills you have leveled up. Quite an unusual combo but it works really well. Graphically very pretty, although obviously made on a low budget so plenty of jank and framerate issues on the PS4 version at least.

Very highly recommended though, if you like this sort of thing. All 5 episodes are out now so you can play it all through in one go.

bgmnts

I would recommend this about as much as a dose of the syphilis, it would probably be prettier to look at.

biggytitbo

You get a free pass with that wrong opinion by virtue of having a really brilliant avatar.