Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:58:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Why does the pharmacist take so long?

Started by sevendaughters, September 08, 2019, 08:35:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

Quote from: pancreas on September 10, 2019, 08:13:44 PM
On the other hand, imagine cutting a notch into the top of Replies' dad's penis so that when you blew it, it made a whistling noise.

By "imagine" I assume you mean "remember".

Quote from: Replies From View on September 10, 2019, 08:18:08 PM
I don't think I will ever grasp why you have never gone ahead with this plan.  All the opportunities you've had, and even the backdoor planning.  Quite literally all the chances on earth and I'd say you blew it but you never.

I read that as "backdoor pandering". Pancreas and his backdoor pandering. He's s terror for it.

Cloud

It takes so long because of all the errands.  They're absolutely honking of it mate.

That and they probably try the drugs themselves

Bence Fekete

You jest, but the one pharmacist I worked with, let's call her Phil. Phil told me her doctor (who was also her tutor back in those days) used to give her little wraps of speed to try and get through her medical exams.

True story. Her partner, also a pharmacist, was a functioning alcoholic. Then there's me. I only got into it for the free Fentanyl Chupa Chups. A dispenser I worked with went to prison for nicking Benzos for her junkie boyfriend and his mates who dropped her in it. Pharmacy employees who are not on drugs are actually quite rare and very boring to work for.   

Buelligan

Yes, yes, but do they keep customers waiting?  That is the issue at play here.

We simply don't care if they refuse to take drugs as long as they are prompt in their attentions.

Cloud

But yeah I'm pretty sure the pharmacist hatch thing at the doctors is when I first "learned" (actually just got very confused) as a small child that there are two meanings of 'patient'.  I was about 6 and couldn't understand why school had told me when you go to a doctor you are a patient, but the sign at the doctors asked people to 'be patient'.  I was like "do they mean be a patient mummy? Aren't I a patient already?"

Our language is confusing as fuck when you're a littlun.

Zetetic

The funny thing is that patients are often kept waiting! Haha.

(I don't know if they both come the Latin for "suffering", and I don't care to check.)

Dex Sawash

Instead of waiting for the pharmacist, you could just neck lots of cranberry juice.

Replies From View

Quote from: Dex Sawash on September 10, 2019, 11:20:59 PM
Instead of waiting for the pharmacist, you could just neck lots of cranberry juice.

Very sugary.

Bennett Brauer

The Mars bars in pharmacies are cheaper than anywhere else. What's the deal with that?

Buelligan

Quote from: Replies From View on September 10, 2019, 11:21:48 PM
Very sugary.

Like their "healthy" musical sweets, which, I'm guessing, are made from sugar but may contain traces of drugs.

Replies From View

Quote from: Buelligan on September 10, 2019, 11:26:31 PM
Like their "healthy" musical sweets, which, I'm guessing, are made from sugar but may contain traces of drugs.

Don't you diss the whistle lollies thank you

PlanktonSideburns

Captain Z

If they think a lolly will make up for the time I'm kept waiting they can whistle.

Brian Freeze

You've made me realise that our two local pharmacies dont sell those whistles. It turns out I vaguely know someone who is vaguely involved in running one of them, I shall ask if they are able to rectify this for the good of the community.

PowerButchi

The chemists by me is a glorified tuck shop these days. The have possibly the biggest selection of heavily artificially flavoured corn snacks retailing for under 20p in all of North Wales. Also last year they were selling a deep fat fryer.

Paul Calf

Quote from: buzby on September 10, 2019, 11:46:06 AM
There were always made by Chupa Chups (marketed as the  Pita Gol in Spain - it was supposed to be a football ref's whistle), they just used to repackage them for export to local distributors.

In the UK and US they were sold as Whistling Pops (later Whistle Pops), which played a fixed note, and later a second version was produced called Melody Pops, which had a hollow stick with a slider inside it so you could produce the 'slide whistle' effect.

They were first imported into the US by the Peter Paul company in 1975, and I can remember them being around in the UK at the end of the 70s (mostly in chemists, as Chupa Chups UK distribution was originally via pharmacy wholesalers as they had sugar free sweets for diabetics). All you could ever want to know about them (at least from a US market perspective) is here.

Since Chupa Chups have grown into an international brand, they now sell them under their own name (though this also meant they were rebranded as Melody Pops in Spain too, to line up with the rest of the world - Spain's equivalent of the Marathon & Opal Fruits situation).

"Toot Sweets" was a Mattel candy whistle-making toy (which moulded Tootsie Rolls into whistle shapes) that was introduced in 1968 as a tie-in with the sweets seen in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

I consider myself officially and comprehensively told.

Cracking thread by the way.

touchingcloth

Pita Gol is who Ronalado plays for, I assume?

Cloud

https://talktotransformer.com/

I typed in "The pharmacist takes so long because"

QuoteThe pharmacist takes so long because the patient needs to have some time before they can be seen by their GP," said Mr Williams of the Department of Health.

There is, however, a chance the patient may not get a GP appointment and that a walk-in clinic may be appropriate, he said.

A spokeswoman for the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence, which leads NHS England's work on the future of primary care, said there was "sufficient evidence" to show that inpatient services could be improved by using walk-in clinics.

This, she pointed out, is an area of concern for the department.

"The risk for patients is high if an operation takes place at one of these walk-in clinics and patients who don't need the surgery have to wait to have it," she said.

"Patients who do not need the operation often have to wait up to six hours longer than they would have otherwise done."

The Department of Health said an assessment of the best practice of working with walk-in clinics had found that if patients were referred

OK thanks for that

Konki

How did you get hold of this secret internal memo?

Quote from: Konki on September 11, 2019, 05:41:18 PM
How did you get hold of this secret internal memo?

He sneaked out the back, they were probably distracted eating all the drugs

Rev+

There's an amazing little dance that can happen if you sign up to get repeat prescriptions home delivered, which means that half your stuff might not turn up.  When the driver arrives to collect it, they're handed the bag.  All well and good.

If there are any controlled substances in your prescription, however, the driver isn't given them and the pharmacist won't tell them that they're missing.  They have to suggest that there might be another, more special, bag under the counter.  If the suggestion doesn't come from the driver the recipient is fucked for their tramadol or whatever.  It's a glorious system that only goes wrong every sodding time.

Replies From View

Q) Why did the pharmacist take so long

A) To compensate for the shortness of His cock

Cold Meat Platter

Q: How many pharmacists does it take to change a light bulb?

A: Loads and it takes ages. They are all full of drugs for some reason.

Replies From View

Q) Why did the pharmacist have a Mars bar stuck inside that wouldn't come out

A) Because pharmacists are just vending machines and they go wrong constantly due to the drugs they take

touchingcloth

Quote from: Rev+ on September 11, 2019, 11:36:39 PM
There's an amazing little dance that can happen if you sign up to get repeat prescriptions home delivered, which means that half your stuff might not turn up.  When the driver arrives to collect it, they're handed the bag.  All well and good.

If there are any controlled substances in your prescription, however, the driver isn't given them and the pharmacist won't tell them that they're missing.  They have to suggest that there might be another, more special, bag under the counter.  If the suggestion doesn't come from the driver the recipient is fucked for their tramadol or whatever.  It's a glorious system that only goes wrong every sodding time.

Wut. Aren't 99% of prescriptions for controlled substances? What does the driver actually carry around? Paracetamol, ibuprofen and Beroca?

touchingcloth

Q: How many pharmacists does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

A: This is impossible. They only believe they're teeny tiny enough to screw inside a lightbulb because they've taken all of the drugs.

Cold Meat Platter

Knock Knock
Who's there?
A pharmacist
A pharmacist who?
A pharmacist who takes the drugs before you get them resulting in a delay.

Konki

I'm writing all your names down and once I've eaten all these drugs I'll be reporting the lot of you.

Zetetic

Quote from: touchingcloth on September 12, 2019, 12:04:04 AM
Wut. Aren't 99% of prescriptions for controlled substances?
Most prescription-only medicines (PoM) aren't controlled drugs (CD).

https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-questions/medicines/what-is-a-controlled-medicine-drug/

You can't buy or sell most antibiotics or antidepressants in the absence of a prescription, but they're not illegal to possess without a prescription for example.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Zetetic on September 12, 2019, 12:13:20 AM
Most prescription-only medicines (PoM) aren't controlled drugs (CD).

https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-questions/medicines/what-is-a-controlled-medicine-drug/

You can't buy or sell most antibiotics or antidepressants in the absence of a prescription, but they're not illegal to possess without a prescription for example.

Thanks. I took "controlled substances" to mean "only available with a prescription". Your distinction is duly noted. Out of interest, do you know if it's mainly PoMs or CDs which the pharmacist takes first?