Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:13:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Why does the pharmacist take so long?

Started by sevendaughters, September 08, 2019, 08:35:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buelligan

Peazlenuts. 

I hope they kill you. 

I am speaking my mind here.

sevendaughters

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on September 08, 2019, 04:12:31 PM
Well, the woman at the window probably isn't the pharmacist, so she can't do that if it's a prescription drug. And get this: there are other people with prescriptions who handed them in before you. They're not just making you wait half an hour for a laugh.

There were 15 people behind the window. Maybe as many as 20. And only 3 or 4 in the queue. I don't expect it in 2 minutes. Just think 30 mins seems excessive for a pre-packaged item.

kngen

After waiting two pill-less days for my local pharmacist to tell me they actually had my medicine in, I waited a good 15 minutes for them to work out they didn't have enough to fulfill my prescription and the new batch had been sitting in a bunch of plastic crates near the counter that had been recently delivered. So they put a call out for backroom person with the manifest to bring it to them so they didn't have to go through each one of these 20 or so crates to find my medicine. About 10 minutes later a woman saunters out with a bit of paper, seemingly annoyed that she had to provide something that was apparently vital to the whole operation moving forward.

The guy who had been serving me - who was to be fair, doing his best, and in a very polite and friendly way -  moved a bunch of crates around, found the one with the number that matched the details on the manifest ... and it was the wrong one. There were two crates that had been given the same freight number, apparently, so he moved some more crates around and found the right one. 'I'll put this together immediately,' he said, happily. And I did indeed watch him do some computery stuff, put some pills in a big plastic scoop thing, and then put them in a pill bottle. 'Won't keep you any longer, sir. I just need the pharmacist to sign off on it,' he said, placing it in a plastic basket beside the pharmacist's desk, who immediately ignored it, and instead came out from behind her desk and then started slowly and deliberately pushing each crate a few feet closer to the counter, much in the manner of a toddler pushing a toy chest around their room.

My helpful server must have heard my probably quite audible 'Oh, for FUCK'S SAKE!' and intervened, fetching the pharmacist, who - on being told that toytime was over, and she might have to actually sign off on something - flashed me a murderous scowl and slowly ambled back to her station and took as long as is allowed by the laws of physics to lift a pen and then scribble a signature on a sheet of paper.

I think this whole interaction took an hour at least. I reckon they try out the drugs themselves!

Noonling

Lordofthefiles

Has no one considered that they may be trying the drugs on themselves before giving them to you?

Replies From View

Quote from: sevendaughters on September 08, 2019, 02:04:59 PM
yeah, but 30 mins? come on.

They are an incredibly slow people mate.  Don't forget.

Jasha

Quote from: sevendaughters on September 08, 2019, 04:24:04 PM
There were 15 people behind the window. Maybe as many as 20. And only 3 or 4 in the queue. I don't expect it in 2 minutes. Just think 30 mins seems excessive for a pre-packaged item.

It's only the assholes they make wait half an hour

touchingcloth

Sorry, I thought the thread was about arsonists, so all of my posts were in the context of them.

If we're talking about pharmacists I'm not entirely sure why they're so slow, but it could be because they try some of the drugs on themselves?

Replies From View

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on September 08, 2019, 04:12:31 PM
Well, the woman at the window probably isn't the pharmacist, so she can't do that if it's a prescription drug. And get this: there are other people with prescriptions who handed them in before you. They're not just making you wait half an hour for a laugh.

Mmm.  Actually they are.

sevendaughters

Quote from: Jasha on September 08, 2019, 05:40:46 PM
It's only the assholes they make wait half an hour

Right! That'll be it. Cheers mate. Thread over everyone.

Twed

Quote from: touchingcloth on September 08, 2019, 10:35:32 AM
Have you considered getting a wife that doesn't need to be filled with meds? Cheaper in the long run, I imagine.
You can get ones that run on biodiesel now.

Replies From View

To all the people defending pharmacists in this thread:  go on then, tell us one good thing about them

touchingcloth

Quote from: Replies From View on September 08, 2019, 06:08:46 PM
To all the people defending pharmacists in this thread:  go on then, tell us one good thing about them

They can really help you out if your B&B business is in trouble and you need an "accident" to be able to claim some insurance money.

Konki

Quote from: Bence Fekete on September 08, 2019, 02:02:52 PM
The trouble with working in a pharmacy is that people do actually die and it's your actual, legal fault and although it looks frustratingly simple to cobble a bunch of generic boxes together and print a label when you have to do it +2,000 times/day and every single one needs to be 100% right and you have to manage the counter and evaluate the indications because doctors are often shockingly thick and pour the methadone and fill out the endless safety forms while preparing next weeks medisure before phoning ball-achingly slow receptionists because you have no scripts again all while Mrs Khan is giving you an earful because she's pretending to have lost her Ventolin for the third time that month and you're hungover anyway and the two Tramadol you took earlier haven't kicked in yet aligned with the fact that most pharmacies sold out decades ago to franchises run by pumped up shop-assistants with zero medical knowledge who are constantly pressurising you to mince every single last drop out of that sweet government revenue all at the expense of safety and professionalism and requirement and every single encounter with your customers is laced with a deep, vibrant suspicion that on some level you're trying to shaft them out of their righteous expectation to not die, then you too, dear civilian, are likely to run out of fucks. 

I could go on.

When working in a hospital pharmacy pretty much all of the above plus processing prescriptions for every ward/theatre/clinic (including ball-ache and highly dangerous chemo - "no your prescription is not ready the second after your blood test as the blood has only just left your vein and therefore has not been through pathology so unfortunately we are not in a position to interpret the results yet) and the only A&E left in the local area and you're talking about a lot of work. 30 minutes is pretty good under those circumstances so sit back down and wait your fucking turn.

We have to deal with stupid entitled cunts too. Under severe winter pressures one Christmas the waiting time climbed to an hour and one patient kept trying to jump the queue saying it was very important she got home as soon as possible, that she'd been in A&E for hours, that she was ill (no shit, everyone listening to you whining and attempting to queue jump is also ill) and in doing so was stopping us getting on with the work at hand taking an age trying to persuade us. When we finally got to her prescription it was for a box of fucking paracetamol. Because she was over 60 she got it for free which was clearly more important to her than all the time she had wasted and the LESS THAN ONE POUND she could have paid to avoid all of this.

This has been quite cathartic. Thank you.

Konki

Quote from: kngen on September 08, 2019, 04:36:05 PM
After waiting two pill-less days for my local pharmacist to tell me they actually had my medicine in, I waited a good 15 minutes for them to work out they didn't have enough to fulfill my prescription and the new batch had been sitting in a bunch of plastic crates near the counter that had been recently delivered. So they put a call out for backroom person with the manifest to bring it to them so they didn't have to go through each one of these 20 or so crates to find my medicine. About 10 minutes later a woman saunters out with a bit of paper, seemingly annoyed that she had to provide something that was apparently vital to the whole operation moving forward.

The guy who had been serving me - who was to be fair, doing his best, and in a very polite and friendly way -  moved a bunch of crates around, found the one with the number that matched the details on the manifest ... and it was the wrong one. There were two crates that had been given the same freight number, apparently, so he moved some more crates around and found the right one. 'I'll put this together immediately,' he said, happily. And I did indeed watch him do some computery stuff, put some pills in a big plastic scoop thing, and then put them in a pill bottle. 'Won't keep you any longer, sir. I just need the pharmacist to sign off on it,' he said, placing it in a plastic basket beside the pharmacist's desk, who immediately ignored it, and instead came out from behind her desk and then started slowly and deliberately pushing each crate a few feet closer to the counter, much in the manner of a toddler pushing a toy chest around their room.

My helpful server must have heard my probably quite audible 'Oh, for FUCK'S SAKE!' and intervened, fetching the pharmacist, who - on being told that toytime was over, and she might have to actually sign off on something - flashed me a murderous scowl and slowly ambled back to her station and took as long as is allowed by the laws of physics to lift a pen and then scribble a signature on a sheet of paper.

I think this whole interaction took an hour at least. I reckon they try out the drugs themselves!

Some pharmacists will be cunts.

José

Quote from: Replies From View on September 08, 2019, 06:08:46 PM

they try all the drugs out themselves.

Dr Rock

Why do they bother with all that stuff in the shop that nobody ever buys? And why is there no reading material if they know the average wait time is over half an hour?

Anyway I don't mind waiting as I fancy two of the women that work in my chemists.

Konki

Quote from: Dr Rock on September 08, 2019, 07:56:07 PM
Why do they bother with all that stuff in the shop that nobody ever buys? And why is there no reading material if they know the average wait time is over half an hour?

Not sure about community pharmacies but we had a row of chairs nicked from the waiting area the other week so I doubt any reading material would last longer than a second.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Konki on September 08, 2019, 07:27:49 PM
When working in a hospital pharmacy pretty much all of the above plus processing prescriptions for every ward/theatre/clinic (including ball-ache and highly dangerous chemo - "no your prescription is not ready the second after your blood test as the blood has only just left your vein and therefore has not been through pathology so unfortunately we are not in a position to interpret the results yet) and the only A&E left in the local area and you're talking about a lot of work. 30 minutes is pretty good under those circumstances so sit back down and wait your fucking turn.

We have to deal with stupid entitled cunts too. Under severe winter pressures one Christmas the waiting time climbed to an hour and one patient kept trying to jump the queue saying it was very important she got home as soon as possible, that she'd been in A&E for hours, that she was ill (no shit, everyone listening to you whining and attempting to queue jump is also ill) and in doing so was stopping us getting on with the work at hand taking an age trying to persuade us. When we finally got to her prescription it was for a box of fucking paracetamol. Because she was over 60 she got it for free which was clearly more important to her than all the time she had wasted and the LESS THAN ONE POUND she could have paid to avoid all of this.

This has been quite cathartic. Thank you.

Do you think the waiting time would have been considerably less than an hour if the pharmacists weren't eating all the drugs?

kngen

Quote from: Konki on September 08, 2019, 07:40:31 PM
Some pharmacists will be cunts.

Thank you!

While you're here, what are those weird-shaped coloured glass jars/bottles all about?

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Quote from: kngen on September 08, 2019, 09:10:12 PM
Thank you!

While you're here, what are those weird-shaped coloured glass jars/bottles all about?

It's where they keep all the drugs they are going to try.

poo

Why no medicine in jungle.

Fucking parrots!

Konki

Quote from: kngen on September 08, 2019, 09:10:12 PM
Thank you!

Science nostalgia ephemera, mate. Looks nice and weird for the punters. "You don't understand our weird, magical ways."

Konki

Quote from: touchingcloth on September 08, 2019, 08:45:31 PM
Do you think the waiting time would have been considerably less than an hour if the pharmacists weren't eating all the drugs?

This is one of the perks. I never have to buy lunch because I can just eat all the drugs instead.

Dr Rock

Why won't they sell me the morning after pill? It's not like I'm going to sell it down the playground. It's alright saying the woman has to go herself but I'm just trying to make up for the fact I didn't pull out in time and she's crying like fuck up there.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Dr Rock on September 08, 2019, 10:28:55 PM
Why won't they sell me the morning after pill? It's not like I'm going to sell it down the playground. It's alright saying the woman has to go herself but I'm just trying to make up for the fact I didn't pull out in time and she's crying like fuck up there.

Maybe if we had self-ID you could buy as many of them as you like. And then eat them all.

pancreas

Quote from: Dr Rock on September 08, 2019, 10:28:55 PM

On the other hand, what would happen if you ground up and snorted a morning after pill?

Twit 2

You would travel one day into the future.

gib

Quote from: pancreas on September 09, 2019, 12:00:17 AM
On the other hand, what would happen if you ground up and snorted a morning after pill?

You'd have to ask a pharmacist, I reckon they get to try out all the drugs in that bit out the back.