Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 01:32:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Rugby World Cup

Started by poo, September 08, 2019, 06:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuellar

mikeyg27

Seems to me that World Rugby told the All Blacks to take it easy in the run-up to build the 'most open tournament yet' narrative.

Cuellar

Fiji look pretty hot in this first half. I know they lose eventually but still.

Why on earth Australia haven't had someone sent off by now - shoulder charges, high tackles. Scum.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Cuellar on September 21, 2019, 02:16:34 PM
Fiji look pretty hot in this first half. I know they lose eventually but still.

Why on earth Australia haven't had someone sent off by now - shoulder charges, high tackles. Scum.

take it to the cricket thread, mate

Cuellar

Not my fault every Australian sportsman is full blown

Dr Trouser

Ref in all blacks game was dire. Thankfully Jamie Roberts incredible incisive commentary really helped understand the psyche of professional sportsmen

Cuellar

The ref's mic picking up an incredibly loud "FUCK" was a real highlight in that game

iamcoop

Right lads I'm here. SA v NZ was a belter of a listen this morning.

I know fuck all about Rugby but I'm here and let's do this.

Dog Botherer

Scotland vs Ireland the only good game today, if Ireland don't play well Scotland are good enough to give them a real scare. Otherwise Ireland will most likely mush them into paste with an intensely competent 35-17 performance.

No other games of note til next week after that. Ireland play Japan and Wales play Australia. And even then Ireland should really beat Japan pulling up.

Dr Trouser

Opening try for Namibia against Italy was beautiful. Worth getting up for.

Italy will of course hammer them now (unless Rob Howley's put a sneaky bet on his new side to lose)

Massive crowd and atmosphere for what is a niche match.

Dog Botherer

Scotland mushing in progress.

Dr Trouser

Yeah but the referee is missing a lot. I'm glad Wayne's retiring

Cuellar

Was pretty abject from Scotland sadly.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Tonga have the potential to, if not win, then make England look a right state. Also broken collarbone everywhere

Thursday

Don't really like Rugby, but I'll read this if it get's anything like the cricket thread.

Cuellar

Too fragmented I reckon, and of course the great enemy in rugby is always England sorry

Thursday

Oh sure, but that doesn't stop us calling them Aids Paedo's does it?

Cuellar

The sad thing about the England rugby team is that a large number of them are actually riddled :(

Cuellar

Sports cliches that can fuck off:

"Open his account"

In fact the whole ITV commentary team can fuck off. Such bland, Partridge-level cliches offering absolutely nothing.

Thursday

FUCKING YES LADS GOING TO GO SMASH UP ALL THE TONGAN RESTAURANTS ON THE HIGH STREET

poo

BlodwynPig

Scotland Cholera Tier Abject

Dog Botherer

i didn't expect to feel sorry for Scotland.

petril

I've just realised that that sound they play in the stadiums after a try is the same one from the Channel 4 chess opening titles

bgmnts

OPEN WIDE FOR SOME RUGGGGGERRRR!!

Cuellar

Looking forward to Wales making a meal of beating Georgia/Not beating Georgia at all and being a total fucking embarrassment.

Gonna be good.

EOLAN

Quote from: Dr Trouser on September 22, 2019, 09:53:59 AM
Yeah but the referee is missing a lot. I'm glad Wayne's retiring

The off-side line seems to have changed from staying behind your players involved in the breakdown to just staying behind the opponent's hind leg. Will make absolute no sense to non-rugby afficianados and can't really translate. Apart from new referee rugby interpretations are AIDS.

Cuellar

Yeah, didn't they make that change because Italy decided not to put any players in the ruck, meaning there was no offside line then running around and standing in front of England players waiting for passes.

Eddie Jones got moody, ha ha prick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMi_p_n9Pv0

Dr Trouser

The reffing of the ruck has been very inconsistent,as has the use of TMOs.

I wonder if Wayne Barnes has a diet of only chips and crisps and that's why he can't see very well?

Cuellar

Saw some real howlers on twitter from the NZ v SA game that I missed at the time.

e.g. https://twitter.com/Bilko90/status/1175393528446406657