Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:47:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Is Neil Degrasse Tyson a bit of a cunt?

Started by Mr Faineant, September 09, 2019, 01:09:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimONeill

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on September 13, 2019, 02:07:11 PM
Just so we're clear, no one is going to bother with the FAQ of a random stranger.

Dude 1: He uses the term in a way I reject.
Me: Ummm, here is a clear explanation of why I use that term that way, easily available on my FAQ which you could have easily read.
Dude 2: Oh yeah? So how is that totally random guy's FAQ relevant??!!!
Anyone with a brain: ?? Seriously?

TimONeill

Quote from: QDRPHNC on September 13, 2019, 04:03:46 PM
That sounds like a lot of work. Also never achieved by anyone in the history of everything.

And yet, I press on ...

QuoteWhenever I meet someone who tells me they make purely rational decisions, I figure they're either lying to me or lying to themselves.

Me too. I just think those who preach loudly about rationalism should be held to account for their irrationality. I have a low threshold when it comes to tolerating hypocrites.

QuoteThis sounds good though.

It's also a diverting hobby. What is weird is how it makes some strange people so angry. Some even call me "a massive dick head, and a grave-tier cunt who should get in AIDS". It makes me wonder what is going on in their lives, the poor things.

QuoteAlso, Tim, look. This place has a tone to it. If you can't get comfortable with it, it's not going to change for you.

Mate, I've been in the rough and tumble of the internet for 27 years and have a hide like an elephant. There is nothing the kiddies here could dish out that would bother me in the slightest.

touchingcloth

Quote from: TimONeill on September 13, 2019, 05:06:17 PM
Dude 1: He uses the term in a way I reject.
Me: Ummm, here is a clear explanation of why I use that term that way, easily available on my FAQ which you could have easily read.
Dude 2: Oh yeah? So how is that totally random guy's FAQ relevant??!!!
Anyone with a brain: ?? Seriously?

I read your FAQ. Risible, hated it. Especially the bigoted stuff.

TimONeill

Quote from: touchingcloth on September 13, 2019, 05:15:18 PM
I read your FAQ. Risible, hated it. Especially the bigoted stuff.

Gosh. However will I cope? But glad to see you've now flipped from "how is that relevant?" to "it hurt my little feelings".

Quote from: TimONeill on September 13, 2019, 05:36:47 PM
Gosh. However will I cope? But glad to see you've now flipped from "how is that relevant?" to "it hurt my little feelings".

Ignore touchingcloth. He doesn't mean much by it, it's just his sense of humour. It won't make sense to people who haven't used this forum for a long time, which is why it comes across as bewildering to passers-by.

He's winding you up, basically.

touchingcloth

Quote from: TimONeill on September 13, 2019, 05:36:47 PM

It didn't hurt my feelings, I just hated it. I never once asked how it was relevant, but my feelings are hurt that you seem to have confused me with Ferris, who if you stick around here you will come to learn is an AIDS-tier cunt on the level of Milverton, mook or Swayzetrain*.

Even he is less bigoted than your FAQ, though.

*Edit. Forgot about this little bollocks:

Quote from: Chuck Armstrong on September 13, 2019, 05:44:33 PM
Ignore touchingcloth. He doesn't mean much by it, it's just his sense of humour. It won't make sense to people who haven't used this forum for a long time, which is why it comes across as bewildering to passers-by.

He's winding you up, basically.

touchingcloth

All jokes aside I will say that this poster is the worst to have darken our doors in quite some time. Perhaps ever.

chveik

Quote from: touchingcloth on September 13, 2019, 05:57:37 PM
All jokes aside I will say that this poster is the worst to have darken our doors in quite some time. Perhaps ever.

yeah he's a grade A cunt

chveik

ZoyzaSorris

Cuellar

'Kiddies'? Here? Baby, you got a lot to learn about this place. Everyone here is a bald middle aged man.

Besides, they don't allow kids here after the Jonathan King debacle.

easytarget

I read that as 'moon fearing nations' which, you have to admit, is better.

oy vey

Alan Sterns, spearhead of the New Horizons Pluto/Kuiper mission challenged Tyson to a public debate on whether Pluto should be re-classified as a planet. Tyson basically said, no why should I? Yeah, cunt.

My teacher told me that Jesus could turn invisible, so he could be standing right next to you at any time and you wouldn't know. It doesn't matter why he had to tell me about this. What matters is that Neil Degrasse Tyson is never going to see Jesus waving back at him down his telescope, no matter how long he spends looking.  He's gone invisible you space imbecile.

touchingcloth

Is Tim O'Neill a bit of a cunt? As well as choosing to use "New Atheist" for himself he's one of those people who choose to stick a vanity "O'" in their name.

a duncandisorderly

That's the nature of the rough and tumble of the internet.

Cheesewogg

The shitpot of trendy atheists is packed full of cunts. All grinning self righteous arseholes, reading  scripts penned by adrenochrome-gorged, Moloch worshipping MI5 paymasters.

When we look at the stars...

Some of us see MATHS

Some of us see ART

I see BORIN

Mr Faineant

Mr Faineant

Quote from: TimONeill on September 13, 2019, 05:13:13 PM.
Mate, I've been in the rough and tumble of the internet for 27 years and have a hide like an elephant. There is nothing the kiddies here could dish out that would bother me in the slightest.

Mate, did you google your own name and register here to bicker with people? I've got to be honest, your skin doesn't seem so thick...rather more like a thin film.

QDRPHNC

Quote from: TimONeill on September 13, 2019, 05:13:13 PM
I've been in the rough and tumble of the internet for 27 years and have a hide like an elephant. There is nothing the kiddies here could dish out that would bother me in the slightest. I couldn't give a fucking shit either way.

Bizarro Mark Bosnich

In this business, you have to have the heart of an angel and the hide of an elephant.

Mr Faineant

Quote from: Bizarro Mark Bosnich on September 14, 2019, 07:47:22 PM
In this business, you have to have the heart of an angel and the hide of an elephant.

And the FAQ of a balding eagle.

Hop David

Quote from: ZoyzaSorris on September 10, 2019, 08:30:37 PM
To be honest, I don't care enough about this Bruno thing either way to spend precious time doing a bunch of my own research, but all three of those links I was given sounded like they were written by complete tossbags with a massive agenda, reeking of the most irritating kind of pseudo-intellectualism, so whilst I totally agree in the principle of play the ball not the man in this case my allergy to this kind of thing made it impossible.

It takes about a minute to Google Edmund Halley's famous question on elliptical orbits.

Halley presented this problem to Newton when Newton was in his early 40s. Just as Christie claims. Tyson's claim that it happened before Newton turned 26? Utter bullocks. Go ahead, google it for yourself. Or is that above your pay grade?

Someone with critical thinking skills will examine claims and arguments to see if they're supported by evidence.

Tyson's defenders tend to use logical fallacies that focus on the messenger rather than the message. They like ad hominem -- ZoyzaSorris squeals "Thony Christie big poopy head. Me no listen."

A similar fallacy focusing on the messenger rather than the argument is Appeal to Authority. "Tyson has a doctorate. No need to examine his claims, we know a Ph.D. must be right".

What is hilarious is Tyson's defenders using these fallacies and then turning around and patting themselves on the back for their critical thinking skills.

Cuellar

Quote from: Bizarro Mark Bosnich on September 14, 2019, 07:47:22 PM

and a lifetime ban from your local heaven/zoo

cliggg

Quote from: The Lion King on September 09, 2019, 04:49:42 PM
Joe rogan is so into chimps I don't think he can go a full hour without going off on some wild tangent about how deadly they are. But generally I find him ok, he was clearly getting frustrated by how often NGT was interrupting and one-upping him here though.
Yeah someone made a compilation of Neil being a rude on Joe's podcast. This Tyson guy seems like a twat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwZXR2PlcEM

The Lion King

Quote from: cliggg on September 16, 2019, 05:10:25 PM
Yeah someone made a compilation of Neil being a rude on Joe's podcast. This Tyson guy seems like a twat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwZXR2PlcEM

God that makes me stressed

'They've made a vanta black sports car'
'I saw one! Theyare very bad ass'
'You saw one in real life??'
'Thats not what I saw. I saw a sports car'