Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:37:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Is Neil Degrasse Tyson a bit of a cunt?

Started by Mr Faineant, September 09, 2019, 01:09:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wosl

ZoyzaSorris

Quote from: Hop David on September 16, 2019, 04:34:45 PM
It takes about a minute to Google Edmund Halley's famous question on elliptical orbits.

Halley presented this problem to Newton when Newton was in his early 40s. Just as Christie claims. Tyson's claim that it happened before Newton turned 26? Utter bullocks. Go ahead, google it for yourself. Or is that above your pay grade?

Someone with critical thinking skills will examine claims and arguments to see if they're supported by evidence.

Tyson's defenders tend to use logical fallacies that focus on the messenger rather than the message. They like ad hominem -- ZoyzaSorris squeals "Thony Christie big poopy head. Me no listen."

A similar fallacy focusing on the messenger rather than the argument is Appeal to Authority. "Tyson has a doctorate. No need to examine his claims, we know a Ph.D. must be right".

What is hilarious is Tyson's defenders using these fallacies and then turning around and patting themselves on the back for their critical thinking skills.

Mate. I couldn't give a tinker's shit about Tyson. Guy seems like a bit of a wally by all accounts. Just got passed some links that gave the serious impression of having been written by grave-tier irritants and responded accordingly. I wasn't to know you all Google Alerted your own names or I'd have saved you the panty leather.

Hop David

touchingcloth

Quote from: ZoyzaSorris on September 16, 2019, 07:31:04 PM
Mate. I couldn't give a tinker's shit about Tyson. Guy seems like a bit of a wally by all accounts. Just got passed some links that gave the serious impression of having been written by grave-tier irritants and responded accordingly. I wasn't to know you all Google Alerted your own names or I'd have saved you the panty leather.

Ooooh you in trouble now, ZS. Should of thought before going on one of your keyboard campaigns.

Cuellar

Have TWO separate people literally signed up here just to wade into this thread?!

Dex Sawash