Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:09:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

shit food you can't get now

Started by madhair60, September 09, 2019, 12:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

sundog cheesy popcorn in a crisp packet, bring it back

subway "seafood" and "crab" sandwich, best one and its gone, bring it back

wotsits wafflers, best crisp, just a big orange cancer tablet, bring it back

what rank fuckin food do you miss

madhair60

the original form of diet coke w/ cherry, not the current inferior "feisty" version

Inspector Norse

touchingcloth

seepage

Icehaven

Secret bars

A kind of delicate lattice with a chocolate mousse centre. Shortlived I imagine due to it's fragility and the high proportion of stock getting smashed to bits before reaching the shelves.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: poo on September 09, 2019, 12:20:29 PM

is there a word for the sort of pining you get for something you didn't know about until it was too late?   like an ex-girlfriend's twisted sex fantasies? or baked-beans-pizza? or both at once?

-3 of your five-a-day.

studpuppet

Breakfast slices - these are to bacon what salami is to ham. Used to be available everywhere, but now seemingly only made in Ireland and sporadically available on Sainsbury's or Asda's online-only sites.

Icehaven

Quote from: studpuppet on September 09, 2019, 12:23:11 PM
Breakfast slices - these are to bacon what salami is to ham. Used to be available everywhere, but now seemingly only made in Ireland and sporadically available on Sainsbury's or Asda's online-only sites.

Got to love indeterminate meat products where they're careful not to commit to exactly what it is. Reminds me of this;

These may still be available though.

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on September 09, 2019, 12:23:06 PM
is there a word for the sort of pining you get for something you didn't know about until it was too late?   like an ex-girlfriend's twisted sex fantasies? or baked-beans-pizza? or both at once

The Welsh word hiraeth kind of covers that.

Fisher Goes Berserk

Pyramint.

When I die I want to be entombed in mint fondant.

buttgammon

I'd forgotten all about these! Among my favourite readymade pizzas of all time, it's criminal that they stopped making them.

Nestle Lion cereal. Completely disappeared from shop shelves last month, presumably because it contained a mad amount of sugar.

Wouldn't surprise me if they've been reformulating it for a "now 50% less sugar" relaunch, but it won't be the same.

massive bereavement

Pot Casserole (80s spin off of Pot Noodle), the beef flavoured one was better than all of the noodle variations.

Golden Wonder Sausage & Tomato flavour crisps.

A half-decent fish in parsley sauce (boil/microwave in the bag). The few that are available now are terrible, both the sauce and quality of fish.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: madhair60 on September 09, 2019, 12:07:42 PM

subway "seafood" and "crab" sandwich, best one and its gone, bring it back

i miss the club sandwich

irn brubars

bushwick

big 10p bars of green honeycomb stuff covered in fake chocolate
Rice Krispies with hard marshmallow bits in it (came out early 90s back when you could get regular price domestic Lucky Charms)
Milky Lunch bars
Peppermint Pattys, were rare anyway, like a wagon wheel full of mint fondant
Bitz bars, I fucking loved these

edit: McRibs obviously, the ones Rustlers make are quite good though

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

jobotic

Can you still buy Fruit Salads? Proper ones, not the soft ones.

How about Wham bars?

Worthington Smooth Flow?

king_tubby

Lads! All drinking creamy Worthington's.

The mullet on of the 'lads' in that ad haunts my dreams.

bgmnts

Dan cake.

Back in the day you could get some Dan cake any day in the local co-op or Londis or whatever. Haven't seen one for like a decade  now though.

studpuppet

Quote from: icehaven on September 09, 2019, 12:28:10 PM
Got to love indeterminate meat products where they're careful not to commit to exactly what it is. Reminds me of this;

These may still be available though.

They are, but they seem to be a 'petrol station-only' delicacy. No supermarket space for them. (It's telling that I know this...)

the

Burtons Hot 'n' Slicy Flavourblades
Tyne Brand Flaps Pie
Matteson's Dicksnatchers

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: Better Midlands on September 09, 2019, 12:38:13 PM
The Welsh word hiraeth kind of covers that.

cheers. turns out she always wanted to be tied up & tea-bagged. bah.

Bennett Brauer

The Heinz Baked Bean pizzas were revived this year, but sold for a limited time and only to gits. 

https://inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle/food-and-drink/heinz-beanz-pizzas-comeback-deliveroo/ [contains very annoying final sentence]

Bennett Brauer

holyzombiejesus

Can you still get those little ploughmans lunches  - cracker, pickled onion and a triangle of 'cheese' in a bag?

I still miss Ainsley Harriott's cauliflower cheese flavour and bombay potato flavour cup-a-soups.

Icehaven

A friend of mine once had one of these then threw it all back up again a few hours later and was convinced it was the pizza that had made him ill. He even set the scene beautifully by saying it looked quite similar before and after. As a result I never tried one and even the thought of them makes me feel a bit nauseous, which is daft as beans and cheese on a jacket spud is delicious.