Author Topic: shit food you can't get now  (Read 3280 times)

touchingcloth

• She is hot in the arse.
Re: shit food you can't get now
« Reply #180 on: September 11, 2019, 10:47:47 PM »
Still available in Iceland and Tesco, at least:

(£3.89, Iceland)

(£2.25, Tesco)
Killed off in 2015 as consumers had moved on to microwaveable spong puddings in plastic pots instead.

Judging by the pictures on the packet, neither are the treats I remember. I am intrigued by the Mediterranean style recipe, though.

« Reply #181 on: September 11, 2019, 11:46:22 PM »
I remember moving into a new flat with a couple of mates, and within a couple of days putting a tasty Heinz Strawberry sponge pudding to boil in the traditional saucepan of boiling water on the stove, then nipping round to the pub on the corner for a swift drink. I remember us coming back to the flat shortly thereafter , and hearing an ominous popping sound as we walked up the stairs. The pudding had exploded all over the ceiling and walls, and the smouldering saucepan had settled onto the carpet on the kitchen , burning the impression of a perfect circular hole therein, which our landlord was later not to regard as so perfect. One flatmate saying, not too chuffed, " How long have you been here? One day? ", One girl collapsing in helpless laughter. I always associate this event with the My Bloody Valentine album " Loveless" for some reason.

Cooking cock ups can happen to anyone.

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=Z5gBuaTPCWEC&pg=PT109&dq=julie+walters+%22belling+oven%22&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj1srOZ7MnkAhVkQxUIHV8dA_MQuwUILjAA#v=onepage&q=julie%20walters%20%22belling%20oven%22&f=false

mothman

• I don't know why
« Reply #182 on: September 11, 2019, 11:54:47 PM »
Subway’s barbecued beef burnt ends. Was only a limited thing I think anyway, but I tried it once and it was surprisingly good.

seepage

• throwing a dog at some goblins
« Reply #183 on: September 12, 2019, 09:50:13 AM »

I like the flan bit but not the sauce, so I eat them the 'wrong' way up and bin the rest.

On a sort of related note, a friend once caught me in the co-op with about fifty chilled rice puddings in my basket. "You're going to get completely Mullered!", he said. He was very pleased with that.

Norton Canes

• The leper heart will see you for what you are
« Reply #184 on: September 12, 2019, 10:14:44 AM »
At my wedding, a mate of mine spotted the mullah sitting by a bowl of fruit in the corner.

The rest is history.

« Reply #185 on: September 12, 2019, 10:39:50 AM »