Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:50:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

shit food you can't get now

Started by madhair60, September 09, 2019, 12:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

Quote from: buzby on September 11, 2019, 02:21:09 PM
Still available in Iceland and Tesco, at least:

(£3.89, Iceland)

(£2.25, Tesco)
Killed off in 2015 as consumers had moved on to microwaveable spong puddings in plastic pots instead.

Judging by the pictures on the packet, neither are the treats I remember. I am intrigued by the Mediterranean style recipe, though.

willpurry

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on September 11, 2019, 04:39:59 PM
I remember moving into a new flat with a couple of mates, and within a couple of days putting a tasty Heinz Strawberry sponge pudding to boil in the traditional saucepan of boiling water on the stove, then nipping round to the pub on the corner for a swift drink. I remember us coming back to the flat shortly thereafter , and hearing an ominous popping sound as we walked up the stairs. The pudding had exploded all over the ceiling and walls, and the smouldering saucepan had settled onto the carpet on the kitchen , burning the impression of a perfect circular hole therein, which our landlord was later not to regard as so perfect. One flatmate saying, not too chuffed, " How long have you been here? One day? ", One girl collapsing in helpless laughter. I always associate this event with the My Bloody Valentine album " Loveless" for some reason.

Cooking cock ups can happen to anyone.

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=Z5gBuaTPCWEC&pg=PT109&dq=julie+walters+%22belling+oven%22&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj1srOZ7MnkAhVkQxUIHV8dA_MQuwUILjAA#v=onepage&q=julie%20walters%20%22belling%20oven%22&f=false

mothman

Subway's barbecued beef burnt ends. Was only a limited thing I think anyway, but I tried it once and it was surprisingly good.

seepage

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 10, 2019, 10:34:22 PM

I like the flan bit but not the sauce, so I eat them the 'wrong' way up and bin the rest.

On a sort of related note, a friend once caught me in the co-op with about fifty chilled rice puddings in my basket. "You're going to get completely Mullered!", he said. He was very pleased with that.

Norton Canes

At my wedding, a mate of mine spotted the mullah sitting by a bowl of fruit in the corner.

The rest is history.

George White

gib

Quote from: thecuriousorange on December 19, 2019, 09:56:57 PM
Quickedy quick, Micro Chips.

Still widely available. The crinkle cut McCain ones are ok but the best ones are the Findus Fries to Go.

Cold Meat Platter

Do they still come individually entombed in a cardboard harmonica?

I assume that was to make them go less soggy. Horrible things.

gib

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on December 19, 2019, 10:05:45 PM
Do they still come individually entombed in a cardboard harmonica?

No, god knows what magic they are working down at the Findus factory but no, somehow they no longer require the cardboard harmonica.

gib

What was the most recent sighting of a scampi Nik Nak?

monkfromhavana

Quote from: gib on December 19, 2019, 10:47:55 PM
What was the most recent sighting of a scampi Nik Nak?

Every time I go in the crisp aisle at Tesco?

Pinball

It's getting harder to find a nice can of Pussy. It has a much more refined and refreshing taste than bull.

gib

Quote from: monkfromhavana on December 19, 2019, 11:32:03 PM
Every time I go in the crisp aisle at Tesco?

i only go to the little Tesco and they don't do them so how about you have a think about that before trying to make me look stupid in front of people

he

You can still get horse burgers.

Pinball

Kangaroo burgers were nice, and very healthy. Who cares if it's a cuddly furry animal?

steve98

Quote from: buttgammon on September 09, 2019, 12:41:16 PM
I'd forgotten all about these! Among my favourite readymade pizzas of all time, it's criminal that they stopped making them.

If it's that upsetting could you not, you know, make your own? It's beans out a tin on a cheese pizza? (I'd love to see you tryin' to cope in a post-apocalyptic world.)

buttgammon

Quote from: steve98 on December 20, 2019, 12:24:23 PM
If it's that upsetting could you not, you know, make your own? It's beans out a tin on a cheese pizza? (I'd love to see you tryin' to cope in a post-apocalyptic world.)

But they wouldn't be the same! (Great idea, I'll try this)