Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:43:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Undone - New Sci-fi series by Bojack Horseman writer feat. Bob Odenkirk

Started by NoSleep, September 10, 2019, 08:25:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zetetic

steveh

Finished watching this on Saturday and have mixed feelings about it. I have to say first off that I don't like rotoscoping (an association with bad video game cut scenes?), but on a smaller budget it's probably the only thing feasible for the material outside of radio. The big themes - is it magic or mental illness, relationship commitment and indigenous people having special powers - are not exactly original, though it handled them in an interesting, sympathetic and generally less-cliched way. After a second series I might have a firmer opinion.

Blue Jam

Quote from: dirkgonnadirk on September 17, 2019, 02:23:34 PM
i really enjoyed this and thought it was 100x better than the steaming turd that was russian doll. and i didn't have to listen to anyone say 'cock a roach'.

UPDATE: I am rather enjoying Russian Doll, bit of a Fleabag feel to it, her out of OITNB is entertaining and after that first horrific death I'm now finding all the subsequent deaths funny- it's surprisingly light. Episodes are nice and short too, something I'm getting very used to.

I know what you mean about "cock-a-roach" though...

phantom_power

I liked both Russian Doll and Undone a lot and find her pronunciation of "cockroach" adorable. Thus I win

Blue Jam

Alberon

I liked Undone, but did feel the ending was trying to have its cake and eat it over the reality of her experiences. But, I hope it does come back for another run.

Petey Pate

Started watching this tonight and have enjoyed it a lot. Not having Amazon Prime, the only version of episode 4 I can find online is a version made for the visually impaired with a distracting automated voice describing what appears onscreen.

I'm half expecting someone to come along and explain that this is actually part of the episode.

Alberon

Undone has been renewed for a second season.

Quote"It's been wonderful to share 'Undone' and have people watching become part of the experience as they interpret the show through their own perceptions of reality," said creators and executive producers Purdy and Raphael Bob-Waksberg. "We are thrilled Amazon Studios is giving us the opportunity to keep exploring this world and these characters, and we look forward to seeing where the story takes us next – but since time is a construct, in a way, we already made the second season and you have always been watching it all along!"

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/undone-renewed-season-2-amazon-1203411634/

Blue Jam

chveik

thoroughly enjoyed the series but I don't really see any necessity in making a new one. there really is too much new telly

olliebean

It's nice when we get to see more of a good thing, but I do wish more TV series were made on the basis of, here's the story we're telling, here's how many episodes/seasons we need to tell it, then it's done, no more. Rather than, here's the beginning of a story, after that we'll just keep making it up as we go for as long as you keep giving us more seasons.

I suppose the problem is that closed stories that take more than one season to tell have a tendency to get cancelled before they're finished.

Blue Jam

Quote from: chveik on November 21, 2019, 11:13:23 PM
thoroughly enjoyed the series but I don't really see any necessity in making a new one. there really is too much new telly

Just after reading Better Call Saul S5 will air in February, I read that This Country S3 will also air in February. I think the remainder of BoJack Horseman S6 is also on around then, and now we're getting more Undone...

Don't get me wrong- as a child of the '90s and the era of Big Break and Noel's House Party I appreciate The Golden Age of Television more than anyone, but I just hope Corbyn gets in and we end up getting that four-day week, because I'm going to need it.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: chveik on November 21, 2019, 11:13:23 PM
there really is too much new telly

I used to feel that way but I'm not so sure anymore, most of the time there's about half an hour or an hour's worth of decent tv a day, and sometimes (Saturdays and Sundays especially) not even that. It's a bit different when Netflix or Hulu dump a whole season in one day, but even then it's becoming increasingly rare that I care about watching it quickly and am happy to do an episode every few days. Which is why I've completely changed my mind and am glad this is coming back, when I had mixed feelings previously.

rue the polywhirl

Finally bothered to watch this on the evil prime. It's fantastic. 70% for Bob Odenkirk who I've suddenly decided is my favourite actor. 20% for the writing. 8% for the rotoscoping which I wasn't sure about to begin with but totally works and 2% for Alma's eye acting which clinches the deal for me. Can't wait for season 2 to come out.

gib

hopefully he rolls out of that cave like a jesus in an big easter egg