Author Topic: Boring  (Read 647 times)

Boring
« on: September 10, 2019, 11:09:52 AM »
Sometimes my posts can be very boring, almost tedious, some would say.

OR

That song by Neil Innes, singing it on " The Rutland Show", all dressed up like Batman.

Post your tales of boring things here.

Re: Boring
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 11:33:41 AM »
Ya- awn, mate.

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 11:35:52 AM »

Bennett Brauer

• I'm not "likeable"
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2019, 11:52:30 AM »

Buelligan

• STOP being afraid
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2019, 12:11:42 PM »
A small boring anecdote about internet algorithms.  I was just looking for ideas on making dog coats and scraps of lovely materials to make dog coats (my brother has a lovely dog with rather sparse fur for cold winters).  On a friend's recommendation, I looked on Etsy.  At the bottom of the page, I noticed it gives suggestions, items I might also like.  A hand painted man's blazer with a portait of Baphomet made by someone called Catscabs for me, apparently.  This is nags fault.

That's the whole story.  Thanks.

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2019, 12:15:21 PM »
A small boring anecdote about internet algorithms.  I was just looking for ideas on making dog coats and scraps of lovely materials to make dog coats (my brother has a lovely dog with rather sparse fur for cold winters).  On a friend's recommendation, I looked on Etsy.  At the bottom of the page, I noticed it gives suggestions, items I might also like.  A hand painted man's blazer with a portait of Baphomet made by someone called Catscabs for me, apparently.  This is nags fault.

At the opening of the 'documentary'The Great Hack; one of the protagonists state how many of his students think the internet is listening closely to them and know exactly what they want through targeted ads. My targeted ads and things you might like suggestions are rubbing. So I quietely and boringly think to myself that this analytics crew should do a lot a better.

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2019, 12:19:39 PM »

Wow that was boring. You've slam dunked the general theme of this thread. And so have I with this post.
Let's listen to some DJ Boring. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKahYn7C3_g

chveik

• who's gonna feed them hogs?
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2019, 03:00:08 PM »

Flatulent Fox

• Cauliflower CheesR
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2019, 04:19:08 PM »
Sometimes my posts can be very boring, almost tedious, some would say.

OR

That song by Neil Innes, singing it on " The Rutland Show", all dressed up like Batman.

Post your tales of boring things here.
You need a nice trip to the seaside.

Better Midlands

• I'm not internationally known
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2019, 06:11:15 PM »
Elon Musk leaves the ..... something...... yeah, whatever

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2019, 12:09:12 AM »
The Boring World of Niels Bohr

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2019, 02:52:18 PM »
The Boring World of Niels Bohr

Gurney Slade's superiority complex is outta control!

Cuellar

• She was having sly love with a midnight creeper
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2019, 02:53:16 PM »
God I'm bored

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2019, 03:06:11 PM »
Get an auger or a gimlet.

Puce Moment

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2019, 03:21:42 PM »
Returning a shed to B&Q this week. It couldn't be put together and after 4-hours or so I realised it was faulty/cut incorrectly.

Also going through the credit card protection system to get a refund for a faulty fridge that we have been fighting for about a year now.

Finally, I think co-op have changed the ingrediants for their humous. Tastes wrong.