Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:18:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Boring

Started by Lisa Jesusandmarychain, September 10, 2019, 11:09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Sometimes my posts can be very boring, almost tedious, some would say.

OR

That song by Neil Innes, singing it on " The Rutland Show", all dressed up like Batman.

Post your tales of boring things here.

madhair60

Buelligan

A small boring anecdote about internet algorithms.  I was just looking for ideas on making dog coats and scraps of lovely materials to make dog coats (my brother has a lovely dog with rather sparse fur for cold winters).  On a friend's recommendation, I looked on Etsy.  At the bottom of the page, I noticed it gives suggestions, items I might also like.  A hand painted man's blazer with a portait of Baphomet made by someone called Catscabs for me, apparently.  This is nags fault.

That's the whole story.  Thanks.

EOLAN

Quote from: Buelligan on September 10, 2019, 12:11:42 PM
A small boring anecdote about internet algorithms.  I was just looking for ideas on making dog coats and scraps of lovely materials to make dog coats (my brother has a lovely dog with rather sparse fur for cold winters).  On a friend's recommendation, I looked on Etsy.  At the bottom of the page, I noticed it gives suggestions, items I might also like.  A hand painted man's blazer with a portait of Baphomet made by someone called Catscabs for me, apparently.  This is nags fault.

At the opening of the 'documentary'The Great Hack; one of the protagonists state how many of his students think the internet is listening closely to them and know exactly what they want through targeted ads. My targeted ads and things you might like suggestions are rubbing. So I quietely and boringly think to myself that this analytics crew should do a lot a better.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Buelligan on September 10, 2019, 12:11:42 PM

Wow that was boring. You've slam dunked the general theme of this thread. And so have I with this post.
Let's listen to some DJ Boring. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKahYn7C3_g

chveik

Flatulent Fox

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on September 10, 2019, 11:09:52 AM
Sometimes my posts can be very boring, almost tedious, some would say.

OR

That song by Neil Innes, singing it on " The Rutland Show", all dressed up like Batman.

Post your tales of boring things here.
You need a nice trip to the seaside.

Elon Musk leaves the ..... something...... yeah, whatever

The Boring World of Niels Bohr

NJ Uncut

Quote from: Drop Dead Fred on September 11, 2019, 12:09:12 AM
The Boring World of Niels Bohr

Gurney Slade's superiority complex is outta control!

Cuellar

Jittlebags

Get an auger or a gimlet.

Puce Moment

Returning a shed to B&Q this week. It couldn't be put together and after 4-hours or so I realised it was faulty/cut incorrectly.

Also going through the credit card protection system to get a refund for a faulty fridge that we have been fighting for about a year now.

Finally, I think co-op have changed the ingrediants for their humous. Tastes wrong.