Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 02:18:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Favourite Child

Started by kitsofan34, September 10, 2019, 12:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitsofan34

If pressed, d'you think your parents have a favourite?

Only child's are banned from posting in this thread.

Cuellar

For a while it was probably me, when my brother was going off the rails and refusing to go to school and just sat around with his computer and going drinking/smoking weed, so I had to take up the mantle of well-behaved, diligent, sensible child, go to school, go to uni, go to uni more then have large-scale breakdown and make absolutely 0 use of all that money/time and education and get boring entry level jobs in late 20s early 30s, whereas ex-wastrel brother was actually teaching himself all about IT and put his years of tinkering with computers to good use and now has very well paying job in the City, flat in South London, barrister girlfriend (who {i]I[/i] was actually at school with, so), horrible stuck-up pure breed cat and has owned his own Ferrari (which he's now sold on, making I think a bit of money into the bargain)

I'm not bitter

Buelligan

It was my cousin.  Not a day went by when we didn't consider why I was not more like them.  Poor cuz ended up with a scholarship to a very highly regarded private school and then hospitalisation with anorexia. 

Norton Canes

Definitely me

F***ing better be, all the effort I've put in

pancreas

I am unimprovable. It must be me.

Big Mclargehuge

I am the golden child. Can do no wrong. worthy of the odd clip up the ear now and then but other than some verbal slanging I'm untouchable. BOW BEFORE ME.

My sister kind of resents that...that being said I'm a quiet introvert and she's a loud introvert so quite often she'll shout herself into trouble then not know how to deal with getting out of it. All good fun.

Icehaven

I'm an only child and it still wasn't me.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: kitsofan34 on September 10, 2019, 12:43:33 PM
If pressed, d'you think your parents have a favourite?

Only child's are banned from posting in this thread.

I would say I'm my mother's favourite. Eldest child, boy, she seems to find me very funny. Although at 40 (or any age) being a favourite is of extremely small importance.

For my dad my little sister is the favourite, she's brilliant at golf.

Small Man Big Horse

It's definitely me, and my Sister is quite happy with this arrangement as it means I put up with all of my mother's mental issues and she doesn't have to concern herself which such things.

Buelligan

The baby Jesus or the baby Hitler, not sure.

lebowskibukowski

Probably the one from 'Dunston Checks In'

bgmnts

I think I was the 'favourite' but my sister got away with a lot more shit.

thenoise

It was me as a child as I absolutely bossed school and didn't get into trouble or go to wild parties. Now it's my brother as I am a failure in life whereas he has been quietly competent, after a few initial hiccoughs.

Twed

I am the only child my parents still talk to. And you all know how unbearable I am.

mothman

Quote from: Buelligan on September 10, 2019, 12:55:03 PM
It was my cousin.  Not a day went by when we didn't consider why I was not more like them.  Poor cuz ended up with a scholarship to a very highly regarded private school and then hospitalisation with anorexia. 

And a sheepskin jacket, that your mum said cost a packet?

Pijlstaart

I am mother's favourite child and I have scurried home to live in her house like a rat. She likes feeding me up, and I always have room for pudding. There are 4 teddy bears in my room who I haven't met before, they didn't grow up with me, but they are here now and I am fine with that. They're arrayed by size, with the smaller bear nestled within the larger bear's crotch, in sequence. I am bigger than all of them, and upon my death will be put in place at the back of the line.

Think it is a no-brainer that I am the favourite, brother doesn't make time for family, he only makes time for his widely disliked wife, an obese southern trailer-park heiress. I would only marry someone Mother-ApprovedTM.

Buelligan

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: mothman on September 10, 2019, 09:13:16 PM
And a fur-lined sheepskin jacket, that your mum said cost a packet?

being a pointlessly pedantic cunt FTFY.

mothman

It was late and I was tired.

Puce Moment

As the only sibling who calls my Mum about once a week, organised her 70th, and who generally does not cause her stress, I reckon I am the favourite and it's not something I'm particularly happy about.

My siblings cannot sit listening to my Mum talking for a long time without getting antsy and bored, whereas I will sit up until 4am with her just listening to stories about growing up in Ireland.

Sherringford Hovis

I was the favourite until my hapless younger brother sired a couple of crotchlings.

Pressure's off.

Attila

Ahahahahaha -- as recounted many times on this board, it deffo ain't me. I have been compared to all of my siblings, cousins, niece and nephews and found wanting despite being the only one of them (besides my long-suffering non-tosser brother) who still phones her once a week, and who took care of her and all of her shit in the two years between when my dad died and when I moved to the UK.

When I talk to her on the phone now, all I hear about is how much she misses the brother and sister who have not contacted her in year, how my non-tosser brother is next to Jesus Christ in her book, and how she doesn't ever remember me living with her/doing shit for her/all the times I spent on her with her various non-crises after my dad's death.

I'm not even in the will, even though the rest of them are (my non-tosser brother has confirmed this). What would have been my (desperately needed share, as I have very little financial security and am 100% reliant on myself) share of the inheritance from my dad is going directly to the Catholic church.

Good times.

Jockice

Quote from: Buelligan on September 10, 2019, 12:55:03 PM

What you liked to do she didn't?

My sister thought I got preferential treatment. But that's discounting the fact that she had almost eight years of getting all the attention before I even appeared. And lots of other things.