Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:33:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donald Trump Discussion Thread Nine: A Bolt-On From the Blue

Started by Fambo Number Mive, September 10, 2019, 06:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Cardenio I

imitationleather

Cardenio I

Glad John Oliver called him Drumpf and destroyed his credibility. That Hillary Clinton sure is a president though huh?

Paul Calf

QDRPHNC

Big Mclargehuge

Quote from: QDRPHNC on September 11, 2019, 04:06:08 PM
Discussion point: Has Trump been that bad?

It depends what angle your approaching that statement from. in terms of practical long term changes to the law? apart from immigration policies taking a massive step backwards and corporations being given even less restrictions to absolutely destroy the spirit of the average human worker (An inevitability that he has accelerated) I don't think he's physically legally changed all that much.

In terms of societal change...#Desolation. the far right have been slowly resurging now for years, but Trumps election has made them positively endemic. Society is quite literally on the verge of collapse and a very large chunk of it's erosion can be laid specifically at the feet of the glowing one. I'd say the legal systems been eroded in it's effectiveness by him too but that would be a bit disingenuous as I think the legal system in general as been creaking on the verge of collapse since about 1990. The internets probably done more to usher in the age of new legal precedence than Trump has.

It's not black and white...but I don't think you'd find a single soul out there who'd say that the country is in a better place AFTER 5 years of him...

steve98

Head Gardener

Ferris

Quote from: Big Mclargehuge on September 11, 2019, 04:19:23 PM
It depends what angle your approaching that statement from. in terms of practical long term changes to the law? apart from immigration policies taking a massive step backwards and corporations being given even less restrictions to absolutely destroy the spirit of the average human worker (An inevitability that he has accelerated) I don't think he's physically legally changed all that much.

In terms of societal change...#Desolation. the far right have been slowly resurging now for years, but Trumps election has made them positively endemic. Society is quite literally on the verge of collapse and a very large chunk of it's erosion can be laid specifically at the feet of the glowing one. I'd say the legal systems been eroded in it's effectiveness by him too but that would be a bit disingenuous as I think the legal system in general as been creaking on the verge of collapse since about 1990. The internets probably done more to usher in the age of new legal precedence than Trump has.

It's not black and white...but I don't think you'd find a single soul out there who'd say that the country is in a better place AFTER 5 years of him...

Agree with this, although his impact on the federal government has been a lot more insidious than is popularly reported. I thought this Michael Lewis book did a great job of explaining some of the more "unseen" effects of the current administration.

That, and some of the legal stuff that has been pushed through (on top of appointing 2 justices to SCOTUS) mean that he's been objectively a turd, and that his legacy will be long and miserable.