Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 11:57:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Titanic Rising by Weyes Blood - Album Of The Decade.

Started by Dusty Substance, September 10, 2019, 07:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retinend

Dusty Substance

Quote from: lankyguy95 on February 26, 2021, 02:45:49 PM
On the off chance that you haven't heard this, Dusty - a lovely collaboration she's done with Zella Day called Holocene. Cool, kinda creepy, old film vibe with the video too.

https://youtu.be/Ej9LVBnvBsw

Thank you, mate. A really lovely song, nice little video, too. Weyes is astonishingly photogenic in B&W.

PaulTMA

The whole "album of the decade" angle of this thread thing initially made me aghast, but it really undeniably is one of them, it's weird because I'm kind of unmoved by what she's done previously but Titanic Rising is an undisputed 10/10 utterly cathartic masterpiece that is never going to go away

purlieu

Yeah, as someone who actually struggles with mid-tempo ballady-type music these days, I'm quite astonished at how much I love this album. I gave it a skim when I read reviews on release but quickly dismissed it. It was the enthusiasm in this thread that caused me to give it another shot and I'm so glad I did.

PaulTMA

Quote from: purlieu on February 27, 2021, 12:51:16 AM
Yeah, as someone who actually struggles with mid-tempo ballady-type music these days, I'm quite astonished at how much I love this album. I gave it a skim when I read reviews on release but quickly dismissed it. It was the enthusiasm in this thread that caused me to give it another shot and I'm so glad I did.

Yup, listened to it once during the week it was released in the background and wasn't paying attention.  Listened properly again when this thread was started and was actually crying my eyes out.  It's a true classic

Dusty Substance

Quote from: PaulTMA on February 27, 2021, 12:16:24 AM
The whole "album of the decade" angle of this thread thing initially made me aghast, but it really undeniably is one of them, it's weird because I'm kind of unmoved by what she's done previously but Titanic Rising is an undisputed 10/10 utterly cathartic masterpiece that is never going to go away

Nobody was more surprised than me to have been utterly knocked sideways by, what on paper might have seemed like a pretty dull sounding album (An album by a singer/songwriter who is compared to Joni Mitchell - Not exactly the kind of thing to set my music world alight) but Titanic Rising was a game changer.

Dusty Substance

Weyes Blood features on the free CD with the latest (June 2021) issue of Uncut Magazine.

It's a Dylan special and she's doing a cover of Sad Eyed Lazy Of The Lowlands, one of my favourite Dylan songs.

Not heard it yet but it's obviously brilliant.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

"How The Shot Was Got - Weyes Blood Album Cover Art by Brett Stanley"

QuoteI breakdown how I shot the underwater album cover image for the band Weyes Blood (http://www.weyesblood.com) and show you step by step from the set building, to lighting design, to post production.