Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:28:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

My favourite Prince album '1999' is getting the big reissue treatment

Started by non capisco, September 10, 2019, 11:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

non capisco

https://www.jambase.com/article/prince-1999-remaster

35 unreleased tracks and two full live shows, plus the album that first got me obsessed with music and which I already somehow own three copies of. Whilst giddy with excitement I still managed to laugh out loud that one of the outtakes I've never even heard of is called 'Vagina'. What's that one about, Prince?

No 'Extralovable' I noticed which is a startling 'why on earth was this not on the album?' banger up to a point but then unfortunately becomes startling for a different reason when he starts burbling on about rape at the end. Not overly surprised they've flung that one back into The Vault, possibly hidden in a box that says "Batdance Pan Pipes Remix" or "Tony M Solo Album" or something.

Seriously though, if this is as good as the extra tracks on the Purple Rain reissue we're on 2 a winner here, Trig.

Golden E. Pump

This looks fucking mint and skill.

But no 'Extraloveable' is a disappointment.

non capisco

I'm intrigued by 'full length Delirious', never knew there was such a thing. Never heard of 'Purple Music' or 'Colleen' either.

thugler

Have heard of a few of those which turned up later under different names i think, but definitely some new stuff. Hope they do as good a job as they did with purple rain

DrGreggles

Quote from: non capisco on September 10, 2019, 11:05:28 PM
https://www.jambase.com/article/prince-1999-remaster

35 unreleased tracks and two full live shows, plus the album that first got me obsessed with music and which I already somehow own three copies of. Whilst giddy with excitement I still managed to laugh out loud that one of the outtakes I've never even heard of is called 'Vagina'. What's that one about, Prince?

No 'Extralovable' I noticed which is a startling 'why on earth was this not on the album?' banger up to a point but then unfortunately becomes startling for a different reason when he starts burbling on about rape at the end. Not overly surprised they've flung that one back into The Vault, possibly hidden in a box that says "Batdance Pan Pipes Remix" or "Tony M Solo Album" or something.

Seriously though, if this is as good as the extra tracks on the Purple Rain reissue we're on 2 a winner here, Trig.

Sounds fantastic.
Hope his other (non-Batman) 80s album get the same treatment.

Quote from: non capisco on September 10, 2019, 11:05:28 PM
the album that first got me obsessed with music

The same

I bought the double 1999 LP after Purple Rain, it cemented the deal as far as I was concerned. I remember spending the whole summer holidays with it on auto reverse playing Chuckie Egg on the Spectrum.