Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,174
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:26:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Aberystwyth Comedy Festival 2019

Started by DrGreggles, September 10, 2019, 11:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

Going to be there for Saturday and Sunday.
Anyone else going?

https://abercomedyfest.co.uk/

BritishHobo

Decided last-minute to go. Only for the night 'cos of work and travel. It's a bit unfeasible otherwise, so I'm using it as an excuse to visit family rather than doing the full festival. Seeing Sean Morley (FINALLY) and that's it.

DrGreggles

I'm leaving an Acaster-shaped hole in my schedule for Saturday night. Just in case!

BritishHobo

What's your schedule looking like, Greggles?

Rose Matafeo has cancelled, which may drive some people Morley-wards. Fuck ME I'm excitec

DrGreggles

Saturday:
Pappy's Flatslam
Delightful Sausage
James Acaster*

Not sure how long I'll be around for on Sunday yet.

If Acaster doesn't happen I'll probably watch Jordan Brookes and Tom Parry.

*if someone keeps their word

Salty_fries

I have decided extremely last-minute that I'm going to go to this. Any recommendations for Saturday and Sunday?

paruses

Going but like BritishHobo my viewing will be very restricted .

Seeing Kiri Pritchard-Maclean on Friday - loved her last one at Mach. Really looking forward to that. It's fallen on a really inconvenient weekend for me and annoyingly the 3 or so acts I want to see each fall on a different day.

If I also go over on Saturday will try to see Sunil Patel. On Sunday it would have been Pat Cahill but two visits to Aber is unlikely nevermind 3.

Seems to have been a fair few cancellations - or it could just be that the fairly small line-up makes it see that way.

And the website seems even worse than ever now (an ongoing gripe of mine).

@BritishHobo - I saw Sean Morely at Mach and loved it. Hope you do too.

BritishHobo

I would have loved to have seen Kiri as well, but just cannot do the Friday. Hopefully I'll get the chance at the next Mach though. I agonised for ages about whether to see Morley or Stewart Lee in Machynlleth, and ended up going for Lee - so I'm sorta trying to redeem myself by finally seeing him.

Hope you get to see Sunil. He's someone else I ought to see more, I've loved him every time I have in the past. All these recommendations go for you Salty_fries - I think those three would be my three main recs.

Cerys

Quote from: Salty_fries on September 27, 2019, 03:16:37 PM
I have decided extremely last-minute that I'm going to go to this. Any recommendations for Saturday and Sunday?

Jonny and the Baptists.