Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:22:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Is smirking bad for you?

Started by Jockice, September 11, 2019, 02:14:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_Simnock

Lordofthefiles

Every time I see her I can't help imagine the Billy Childish version of her from his autobiography, rubbing her "slug" all over him and trying to suffocate him  with it!!

Jockice

Quote from: Janie Jones on September 11, 2019, 09:55:27 AM
, someone who hardly ever rings and fiddles with his phone like a wordless teenager when your friends are round,

Just on that point, the (degenerative) disability I have has caused me to have a quite severe speech impediment in the last few years. Just ask the only (well only non-related) CaB member I've spoken to on the telephone. I was pretty shy and self-conscious even before that so it's not just simply a question of me not being arsed. I don't talk to ANYONE on the phone if I can possibly help it, which is why the time since my car got broken into last Friday morning has been a nightmare, I've had to make well over a dozen phone calls to the police, my insurers, car hire place etc. One person hung up on me, one said they'd call me back but didn't and several calls lasted at least twice as long as they should do. Luckily one of the people I spoke to told me that her dad has a speech impediment so she was very patient but others weren't.

So that's why I don't ring my (possibly ex) girlfriend. I let her ring me though, so she can have her latest hour and a half long moan about whatever one of her family has done. All I do in those cases is all I do is have sympathy, even though it's not my battle. I don't even take sides in disputes between members of my own family but I do in hers.

And as for the fiddling with my phone while her friends are round, they're usually talking about people I don't know and situations I don't know about so I thought it was best to stay out of it. But I can guarantee one thing now. If I ever meet any of her friends again they're not going to be able to fucking shut me up. They may not be able to understand what I'm saying  but so what?

Yes, I'm still angry. Good morning everyone!

Jockice

Quote from: madhair60 on September 11, 2019, 09:54:24 AM
Sounds like you're a little bitch

OI! Less of the little pal. It's well within the normal range of averages.

Jockice

Quote from: Chollis on September 11, 2019, 11:08:54 AM
hope it was proper Scottish Smirk

I'm the only Scottish one in this relationship. Or ex-relationship or whatever. And I never smirk.

Icehaven

It sounds like she wants it to end but wants it to be you that does it, and (I realise this might sound hideously presumptuous, offensive and given I know nothing about your situation other than what you've said may be totally wrong) is there any possibility that that might be something to do with your disability? I don't mean she wants to end it because you're disabled, but she wants to end it for other reasons but feels she can't because what kind of git dumps their disabled partner?

Jockice

Quote from: icehaven on September 12, 2019, 09:11:42 AM
It sounds like she wants it to end but wants it to be you that does it, and (I realise this might sound hideously presumptuous, offensive and given I know nothing about your situation other than what you've said may be totally wrong) is there any possibility that that might be something to do with your disability? I don't mean she wants to end it because you're disabled, but she wants to end it for other reasons but feels she can't because what kind of git dumps their disabled partner?

That thought has crossed my mind. More than once, But she said in our phone conversation that she'd stuck with me for five years (despite my disability I presume) so I should think about that before making assumptions. Yeah, and I've stuck with her despite...

It's a strange thing about being disabled in general though. Other people go on about it in real life far more than I do but as soon as I make a complaint about the way I've been treated (even if it isn't a disability-related complaint) I get accused of playing up to it, expecting special treatment etc. I've spoken to many other disabled people in my life who have had the same experiences. I got a bit of that in her message too. I have a feeling she may be regretting that now (it was obviously written in anger, but so was my one to her before that, only mine was a lot shorter and only mentioned one specific incident) but it can't be unsaid. And she did say on the phone that she thought I'd dumped her so I suppose it was intended as a last 'fuck you' to me.

I suppose I have mentioned the ex who dumped me, we met by chance about a year later, she invited me up for a coffee to her office (she was a PhD student and I'd recently started doing a part-time degree) and there were pictures on her wall, one of which appeared at first glance to be of me and her. It turned out to be her current boyfriend who looked like me but wasn't disabled. Hmm.

Jockice

I feel a bit guilty about starting this thread now. It was a middle of the night, boo hoo poor me thing, which isn't what I usually do.  I think its fair to say that we both had extra stresses at the time which I didn't mention in my posts and a lot of built-up ill feeling came out. Anyway we're back on speaking (or at least messaging) terms now after a week of no contact. She sent me a birthday card which I wasn't expecting (it was my birthday. On Tuesday) so I thanked her and well, we're being pleasant to each other at the moment.

Dunno what'll happen next but one major bust-up in five years isn't TOO bad I suppose. Some couples I know seem to spend 90 percent of their time at each other's throats.  I still don't get the smirking bit at all though.

Bazooka

Had your trousers and pants fallen to your ankles in the restaurant?  If so the smirk is justified.

I got bells palsy a few years back so can't smirk anymore, just a perfectly symmetrical grimace.

Jockice

It's just I remind her of Brian Rix.