Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 01:13:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

TRUMP No. 9: A weird fucking bumble hex

Started by Pearly-Dewdrops Drops, September 11, 2019, 05:30:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psmith

The big news in the USA would be if they found someone unarmed.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Blumf on August 02, 2020, 12:33:51 PM
On my semi-regular check in to the great political cartoonist Ben Garrison, I see this:

https://grrrgraphics.com/big-tech-censorship

Subtle message there.

FAY
GAY?

I did wonder.

Mount Rushmore is a colossal white supremacist idol that desecrates the black hills of Dakota that were sacred to the Sioux as a kitsch tourist attraction, i couldnt give a shit about it

steveh

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Head Gardener on August 10, 2020, 07:19:28 PM

That looks like a still from some terrifying dystopian sci-fi film in which Dave Hill has become ruler of the world.

Cuellar

Quote from: Psmith on August 11, 2020, 12:50:11 AM
The big news in the USA would be if they found someone unarmed.

You see racists saying stuff like 'Police racism is not a thing, only x unarmed black people are killed every year, get over it', with the implication being that if they're armed they must be guilty of doing something and therefore deserve to be executed.

But it's their right to be armed, isn't it?

Alberon

QuoteThe closest thing is in 1917, they say, the great pandemic. It certainly was a terrible thing where they lost anywhere from 50 to 100 million people. Probably ended the Second World War, all the soldiers were sick.

kngen

Quote from: Cuellar on August 11, 2020, 11:21:02 AM
You see racists saying stuff like 'Police racism is not a thing, only x unarmed black people are killed every year, get over it', with the implication being that if they're armed they must be guilty of doing something and therefore deserve to be executed.

But it's their right to be armed, isn't it?

Yes, but they're racists so: white people with guns is good; black people with guns is fucking terrifying.

Dog Botherer

yeah it makes sense if you just come to the logical conclusion that the NRA is a white supremacist organization. they didn't give a fuck about Philando Castille. same with Breonna Taylor's boyfriend, he was protecting himself from a no knock raid according to their precious castle doctrine and absolute crickets.

Quote from: Dog Botherer on August 11, 2020, 01:28:20 PM
yeah it makes sense if you just come to the logical conclusion that the NRA is a white supremacist organization. they didn't give a fuck about Philando Castille. same with Breonna Taylor's boyfriend, he was protecting himself from a no knock raid according to their precious castle doctrine and absolute crickets.

Though the weird disconnect does go in both directions. No-knock raids are horrific and have been a problem for decades and should be banned obviously, but at the same time it is weird that the Internet Left has chosen as a cause celebre an instance of police violence that essentially involved a Castle Law scenario of a guy wantonly opening fire on intruders in his home.

Dog Botherer

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on August 11, 2020, 06:36:46 PM
Though the weird disconnect does go in both directions. No-knock raids are horrific and have been a problem for decades and should be banned obviously, but at the same time it is weird that the Internet Left has chosen as a cause celebre an instance of police violence that essentially involved a Castle Law scenario of a guy wantonly opening fire on intruders in his home.

from what I have seen the "internet" left (I assume that's just another way to say "dirtbag left") have been moving away from gun control in recent years. far right and state violence have made guns increasingly popular amongst leftists, especially in the south. centrists are still foaming at the mouth for gun control though from what I can tell.

also the Castle Law seems a little more cut and dry when unidentified people are literally pointing guns in your face in your own bedroom.

Quote from: Dog Botherer on August 11, 2020, 08:32:30 PM
from what I have seen the "internet" left (I assume that's just another way to say "dirtbag left") have been moving away from gun control in recent years. far right and state violence have made guns increasingly popular amongst leftists, especially in the south. centrists are still foaming at the mouth for gun control though from what I can tell.

also the Castle Law seems a little more cut and dry when unidentified people are literally pointing guns in your face in your own bedroom.

"Internet Left" was not a very helpful term on reflection. I just meant that the Breonna Taylor case started circulating online and it's weird how that case in particular has now become the rallying cry against police violence for liberals, celebrities, sports leagues, everybody, in the current moment. Demanding that those police officers in particular be criminally prosecuted just seems bizarre to me. I guess it's not that weird, I would bet most people have not actually looked into the facts of the case and assume she was just executed point blank.

Agree to disagree on the "left" fantasy of armed resistance. The only objectively progressive/left position is that all guns should be outlawed like in a civilized country (including the guns of beat cops). The reason that "centrists" are so full of shit is that they make gun control their primary issue but never actually propose any form of meaningful gun control. It's a rhetorical device to attack someone like Bernie Sanders for some errant vote from 35 years ago and to act like he is personally responsible for every mass shooting, while at the same time their idea of massive gun control is adding an extra piece of paperwork to buy a gun or banning some obscure and irrelevant gun accessory.

idunnosomename

do we even have a Biden thread. where do we discuss his running mate

Quote from: idunnosomename on August 11, 2020, 09:25:03 PM
do we even have a Biden thread. where do we discuss his running mate

There's a US elections thread that very sadly was created and titled when it still seemed like Sanders was going to walk in to the nomination.

Butchers Blind

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1293722878882598914?s=09

The dated animation, the use of Eddy Grant, the barely audible quotes of Biden. Amazing.

Cuellar

That's like one of those procedurally generated youtube videos they have to warn children about

Famous Mortimer

He's just admitted to fucking with the USPS so they won't be able to deliver postal votes  come the election. It's not so much that he does it, it's that there are still millions of people who think he's the best choice to be President. I don't expect any better from a moronic rich person, but how do I deal with the mindset of the people who are still going to vote for him in November?

bgmnts

Trump's just singlehandedly brokered peace ans solved tensions in the middle east so lets cut him some slack.

Head Gardener

BlodwynPig

Shoulders?-Stomach!

idunnosomename

Sometimes i forget just how orange trump is. W. Bush didn't really look like a chimp but Trump is really orange.

Ferris

I see his younger brother is now thoroughly dead. Cause of death not given - surely covid.

idunnosomename

joe biden should be pissing on his grave for votes

Head Gardener

Alberon

Clearly photoshopped. Melania is holding hands with Trump in that.

Gulftastic

Quote from: Alberon on August 17, 2020, 05:22:35 PM
Clearly photoshopped. Melania is holding hands with Trump in that.

Maybe they are walking down a gentle slope. You know how he struggles.