Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:46:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

TRUMP No. 9: A weird fucking bumble hex

Started by Pearly-Dewdrops Drops, September 11, 2019, 05:30:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on August 30, 2020, 06:32:42 PM
But the one the left is actually happening under Trump. (Well apart from the good bits like defunding America's fascist cops)

I know "How fucking stupid are these people?" is a stupid question, but I just can't let the anti-logic pass without comment.

Yes but that doesn't matter of course, nor does the additional logical leap required to equate BLM/Antifa with fucking Joe Biden, but these people do.

This is not a criticism or me tut-tut-ing the protestors obviously (there should not be a hecklers veto for protesting police brutality...), but if history is any guide I've basically accepted that the ongoing social unrest is going to guarantee Trump's victory. The majority of the American electorate is comprised of terrified sociopathic babies who will blame everything they see on the news at night, including the numerous exclusively right-wing vigilante murders, on "BLM" and "the Democrats." These are the same people that swept the Nazis to power in Weimar Germany. Insane, miserable cretins.

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on August 30, 2020, 06:34:11 PM
Not sure what the 1619 project is they mention top left, don't want to Google it in case it's some far-right conspiracy.

It's an extremely innocuous educational program put out by the New York Times about the history of the African American slavery in the United States that has caused conspiratorial panic among the fascists for the idea that schoolchildren might be taught about racial oppression.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/27/technology/what-if-facebook-is-the-real-silent-majority.html

QuoteBut what sticks out, when you dig in to the data, is just how dominant the Facebook right truly is. Pro-Trump political influencers have spent years building a well-oiled media machine that swarms around every major news story, creating a torrent of viral commentary that reliably drowns out both the mainstream media and the liberal opposition.

The result is a kind of parallel media universe that left-of-center Facebook users may never encounter, but that has been stunningly effective in shaping its own version of reality. Inside the right-wing Facebook bubble, President Trump's response to Covid-19 has been strong and effective, Joe Biden is barely capable of forming sentences, and Black Lives Matter is a dangerous group of violent looters.

Fair point about Biden tbh. All the targeted ads and nefarious online strategies the right have mastered seem to have turned the tide both here and in America in recent years, and no doubt it'll be effective again in this election.

Phil_A

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on August 30, 2020, 06:19:21 PM
This is doing the rounds a lot right now on Conservative facebook pages. That's your options, the 1985 Biff Scenes from Back to the Future II or tiny houses and Mount Rushmore

Trump's face there reminded me of something:

The Culture Bunker

I was thinking his facial expression, despite the fact he's apparently in "ideal America", suggested he'd just shit himself, and presumably about the use the bible for the clean up.

steveh

The Washington Post had a story last week about how much the US Government is spending at Trump properties, after which...

QuoteIn a statement, White House spokesperson Judd Deere accused The Washington Post of "blatantly interfering with the business relationships of the Trump Organization" and demanded "it must stop."

All perfectly normal.

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on August 30, 2020, 06:53:26 PM
Yes but that doesn't matter of course, nor does the additional logical leap required to equate BLM/Antifa with fucking Joe Biden, but these people do.

This is not a criticism or me tut-tut-ing the protestors obviously (there should not be a hecklers veto for protesting police brutality...), but if history is any guide I've basically accepted that the ongoing social unrest is going to guarantee Trump's victory. The majority of the American electorate is comprised of terrified sociopathic babies who will blame everything they see on the news at night, including the numerous exclusively right-wing vigilante murders, on "BLM" and "the Democrats." These are the same people that swept the Nazis to power in Weimar Germany. Insane, miserable cretins.

It's an extremely innocuous educational program put out by the New York Times about the history of the African American slavery in the United States that has caused conspiratorial panic among the fascists for the idea that schoolchildren might be taught about racial oppression.

I agree with every point - though I also think they're cowardly (as well as insane & miserable) cretins.  It's odd that the group which so loves to call others 'snowflakes' is such a jumpy, frightened, snivelling bunch of twats.  Frightened of black people, Muslim people, gay people, Mexican people, left wing people, young people.  Everyone who isn't them is a threat.  They yearn for 'strong men' leaders & militarised police to keep them safe from their own dark dreams.  They've picked the perfect leader - a man who talks tough but cowers in his basement when students holding placards stand outside his massive house.  Embarrassing cunts.

Head Gardener

Hundhoon

the debates will be so funny..surreal almost.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Head Gardener on September 01, 2020, 10:21:02 AM

Was in Virginia mountains last weekend, someone had the normal size Trump yard sign threaded into a tattered chain-link fence in an odd fashion near where we were staying. Wanted to get a pic and post it here, shopped to say TRUMP FENCE. I thought about Head Gardener more than is healthy on my wedding anniversary trip.

One of those should-be-scandals that will just slip right through the memory hole and never be mentioned or investigated again:

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/economy/congressional-investigation-finds-over-1-billion-ppp-fraud-n1239001

Fambo Number Mive

According to the BBC, Trump has told voters in North Carolina to break the law:

QuoteUS President Donald Trump has told people in the state of North Carolina to vote twice in November's election, despite this being illegal.

Mr Trump suggested voters vote once in person and a second time by post, in order to stress-test the system.

The president has frequently made false claims that postal votes are vulnerable to significant electoral fraud.

"Let them send it in and let them go vote," he told North Carolina broadcaster WECT-TV on Wednesday.

"And if the system is as good as they say it is then obviously they won't be able to vote (in person)."...

jobotic

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on September 02, 2020, 04:10:25 AM
One of those should-be-scandals that will just slip right through the memory hole and never be mentioned or investigated again:

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/economy/congressional-investigation-finds-over-1-billion-ppp-fraud-n1239001

I'm so glad we're not like America over here.

evilcommiedictator

So there's a report out today that Trump didn't want to visit war graves in the rain because it'd screw up his hair, and he's quoted as saying "why would I want to go there, it's full of losers"
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/09/trump-americans-who-died-at-war-are-losers-and-suckers/615997/

Also this, the President is a shill for Big Straw
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1301667598363488259

QuoteTRUMP: "They want to ban straws. Has anybody ever tried those paper straws? They are not working too good. Right? I said, I have had a couple meals at McDonald's, etc, over the years. Wendy's. A friend of mine owns Wendy's, I will give it a plug. Right? Burger King."

The Culture Bunker

I suspect Trump's voter base will just ignore the story about his views of the military as "fake news", but it would be interesting to see if they would react if given absolute proof, such as him being caught on tape slagging off the troops. Would they force themselves to come round to a stance of "he's right, the military are suckers!"?

Head Gardener

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on September 04, 2020, 08:49:49 AM
I suspect Trump's voter base will just ignore the story about his views of the military as "fake news", but it would be interesting to see if they would react if given absolute proof, such as him being caught on tape slagging off the troops. Would they force themselves to come round to a stance of "he's right, the military are suckers!"?
He's been criticised repeatedly by veterans' organisations for calling veterans stupid, lying, insulting vets and their families, as well as anti-veteran policies like threatening to privatise the VA, but he still seems to get a fairly positive response from veterans. It's almost like he's Simon Cowell and they're all "go on, Simon, say something rude about me!": people don't care if Trump calls them names.

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: jobotic on September 03, 2020, 12:07:13 PM
I'm so glad we're not like America over here.

Our experience shows the good side of grand government computer systems, the real-time payroll info and self assessment tax returns meant both the employed and self-employed could get help quickly, and with a minimal risk of fraud.

Blumf

Quote from: evilcommiedictator on September 04, 2020, 05:21:27 AM
So there's a report out today that Trump didn't want to visit war graves in the rain because it'd screw up his hair, and he's quoted as saying "why would I want to go there, it's full of losers"
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/09/trump-americans-who-died-at-war-are-losers-and-suckers/615997/

The dead ones are losers, in a brutally simplistic view of wars that Trump surely has.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovcYwNMEOTQ

chveik

he's right though, the US military hasn't won a war in a very long time

Quote from: evilcommiedictator on September 04, 2020, 05:21:27 AM
Also this, the President is a shill for Big Straw
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1301667598363488259

To be fair, those McDonalds paper straws are shite. They turn to mush before you're even halfway through your drink.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on September 04, 2020, 04:32:04 PM
To be fair, those McDonalds paper straws are shite. They turn to mush before you're even halfway through your drink.

Why do you need a straw? Are McDonald's clientele babies?

rjd2

Quote from: chveik on September 04, 2020, 04:27:33 PM
he's right though, the US military hasn't won a war in a very long time

I found his constand baiting of John McCain especially in death quite pleasing, not impressed he seems to have toned it down now.

I think with the troops despite Trump been quite hawkish is some might like the fact he hasn't started new wars and plenty in military, police etc do lean to the right.

steve98

Quote from: BlodwynPig on September 04, 2020, 05:07:45 PM
Why do you need a straw? Are McDonald's clientele babies?

A-haa, touche. Over to you Babkins.

EDIT. Wrong attribution. Now corrected.

batwings

olliebean

Quote from: batwings on September 06, 2020, 09:37:57 AM
Trump hired an Obama lookalike so he could 'belittle and fire' him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cxpnu8Mzzk&feature=emb_title

https://t.co/LGrqsUUrY2?amp=1

I'm sure there are actual Obama lookalikes available, but Trump seems to have just gone with "black man in a suit."

Dex Sawash

Quote from: batwings on September 06, 2020, 09:37:57 AM
Trump hired an Obama lookalike so he could 'belittle and fire' him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cxpnu8Mzzk&feature=emb_title

https://t.co/LGrqsUUrY2?amp=1

Is that a deepfake? Not because I don't buy the scenario, it just looks wrong in the mouth