Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:47:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

TRUMP No. 9: A weird fucking bumble hex

Started by Pearly-Dewdrops Drops, September 11, 2019, 05:30:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urinal Cake

After the Finnish press conference you get the feeling Trump is going to do something drastic.

ajsmith2

I know I should be fully inured to anything he tweets by now, but the profanity in this tweet still seemed a but incongruous to me. Has he ever dropped big swears like this in his tweets before? He usually maintains a PG rated Twitter persona even when he's ticked off. Seems a bit off brand and evidence that he is proper rattled.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1179422987684077568

Urinal Cake

Trying to project tough guy behaviour. I think people smell blood in the water and are no longer afraid of him. He knows this and trying to ramp up the language. I mean he's already used violent language so this was the next place he could go. The thing that probably stopped him in the past is that Evangelicals tend to dislike cursing in public.

bgmnts

QuoteCarmine Sabia

Verified account

@CarmineSabia
7h7 hours ago
More
Replying to @realDonaldTrump
No other president would ever say "bullshit" and I kind of love that about you President Donald Trump. You are like us.

Ferris

Did anyone read the Monmouth poll where 60% of republicans believed that trump did not mention Biden in his call with Zelensky? Despite the WH releasing a transcript showing that, whatever your interpretation, Biden is clearly mentioned.

That's proper mad. Like not believing the sky is blue or whatever.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

lipsink

Yesterday's press conference with the Finnish president was the biggest tantrum I've seen Trump throw yet.

Do you think this era of politicians acting like babies and blaming everyone else is a passing fad that we'll look back on or is this just the way things are now forever?

jobotic

He's outdone the press conference from a couple of days ago.

Demanding Ukraine (and China) do the thing he is in shit for demanding they do. He really is monumentally thick.

Alberon

Quote from: jobotic on October 03, 2019, 04:34:32 PM
He's outdone the press conference from a couple of days ago.

Demanding Ukraine (and China) do the thing he is in shit for demanding they do. He really is monumentally thick.

Trump cannot back down. Ever.

Remember the hurricane hitting Alabama thing, which seems like months ago now instead of just weeks? He defaced a map with a marker pen to try and make his original warning true.

He'll never back down, never admit for one second that he was mistaken. I still think the chances of being convicted in the Senate is remote, but this will blight his remaining year and a bit. If the Democrats can run someone halfway plausible against him he is toast.

Paul Calf

He knows nothing will happen. His handlers are flexing their muscles in public.

Urinal Cake

Take down Bidens. Take down Trumps. Take down Clintons. Take down McCains.

Seems Trump is going to lean into this and just make it normal. It's a better strategy than yesterday.

Alberon

His base will swallow all the insane shit he comes out with, but while it won't turn more moderate Republicans into Democrats it might make them less likely to vote for him.

He is seriously rattled and the only trick he knows in that situation is to ratchet it up a level. The next year is going to be bumpy.

Urinal Cake

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/10/03/politics/trump-biden-call-xi-secure-server/index.html

QuoteDuring a phone call with Xi on June 18, Trump raised Biden's political prospects as well as those of Sen. Elizabeth Warren, who by then had started rising in the polls, according to two people familiar with the discussion. In that call, Trump also told Xi he would remain quiet on Hong Kong protests as trade talks progressed.

The White House record of that call was later stored in the highly secured electronic system used to house a now-infamous phone call with Ukraine's President and which helped spark a whistleblower complaint that's led Democrats to open an impeachment inquiry into Trump.
Russia, white allies all okay. But China- even parts of Trump base couldn't stomach that.  Plus it's sort of hilarious- Trump ready to sell out HK protesters.

"sell out HK protesters" could probably be spun as an America First strategy* but it wouldn't have escaped his notice that the protesters are mostly non-white.

*but totally against the US's self-image of sticking up for democracy against totalitarianism, which Trump might be destroying for a generation or two.

Alberon

idunnosomename

By the election he'll be tweeting hello.jpg

Haha wow, these text messages are quite damning. I originally thought this was more of a Fox News Grandpa Trump rambling on the phone thing that the Dems would try to make hay from (ineffectually, like Russiagate) but this is real.

Ferris

The texts are very damning.

That's ok, throw them under the bus for "misinterpreting" the ask, and move on.

Ferris

Quote from: Urinal Cake on October 06, 2019, 02:05:12 AM
First scapegoat is Rick Perry.

I'm sure everyone will rise to the defence of Rick "oops" Perry.

Urinal Cake

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/oct/07/us-to-let-turkish-forces-move-into-syria-abandoning-kurdish-allies

So what did Erdogan promise? Also lol at
QuoteUnited States forces, having defeated the Isis territorial "caliphate,"

The Culture Bunker

I see he's warned he will "destroy and obliterate" the Turkish economy, if he decides to do so in his "great and unmatched wisdom".

idunnosomename

do you reckon there's a little bit of irony in "in my great and unmatched wisdom" or is he that fucking deluded?

cunt, regardless

Urinal Cake

Trump's rehabilitation after the Presidency is going to be interesting.
Nixon opened China, created the EPA etc.
Reagan broke Communism.
Bush Jnr was a good, kind and simple man led astray.

Trump wasn't as bad as Ivanka.

PeasOnSticks

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on October 07, 2019, 05:49:03 PM
I see he's warned he will "destroy and obliterate" the Turkish economy, if he decides to do so in his "great and unmatched wisdom".

Contender for best ever Trump tweet?

Alberon

I see quite a few Republicans who have been keeping their heads down over the impeachment proceedings have spoken out against Trump's betrayal of the Kurds.

Trump's insane tweet in full.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I've done before!). They must, with Europe and others, watch over...

Can't quite remember Trump destroying Turkey's economy before, but they seemed to recover quickly.

Don't know if one tweet will silence the critics in the GOP though. As to whether 'Great and unmatched wisdom' was a joke. Who knows? I have a horrible feeling that was Trump trying to be presidential. 

pigamus

This was always how it was going to end. Amazing it took this long really.

Alberon

Here's the follow on tweet to the one above.

Quote....the captured ISIS fighters and families. The U.S. has done far more than anyone could have ever expected, including the capture of 100% of the ISIS Caliphate. It is time now for others in the region, some of great wealth, to protect their own territory. THE USA IS GREAT!