Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:51:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

TRUMP No. 9: A weird fucking bumble hex

Started by Pearly-Dewdrops Drops, September 11, 2019, 05:30:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Culture Bunker

I doubt it matters. Even if there's actual audio recording of him promising Putin he can land paratroopers in Kentucky, Trump will deny it. End of story.

steve98

I dunno, I'm more optimistic. I've got a good feeling about this.

QDRPHNC

He may have committed light treason, but he did it to own the libs tho.

Ferris

Quote from: QDRPHNC on September 19, 2019, 03:17:13 PM
He may have committed light treason, but he did it to own the libs tho.

Doubt anyone has properly considered this defence.

Libs = fuming

Therefore: Treason = maybe not?

So... think about it.

Head Gardener

Head Gardener

Twed

Twed

The trouble with that gif is that it makes it look like Trump's face is made of sugar.

jenna appleseed

that gif makes my eyes itch & my brain hurt.
stop it

Cloud

I know impeachment is not removal, but between this and today's decision about proroguement, I can't help feeling a slight glimmer of hope that the tables could finally be turning against leaders who do borderline fascist things.  Maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel at last?

Urinal Cake

You get get the feeling this is to keep Biden in rather than to oust Trump out.

PlanktonSideburns

That's like a Before and Even Further Before picture

Images could be taken from a local newspaper article about a violent PE teacher facing trial

Twed

Quote from: Urinal Cake on September 24, 2019, 09:24:26 PM
You get get the feeling this is to keep Biden in rather than to oust Trump out.
And it's just a inquiry. It's not "impeachment proceedings". It will end up as a huge nothingburger. They don't want to do anything, they just want to be seen in motion. So depressing. It will cause a lot of distraction from the scary prospect of politicians ever having to do anything or elect anybody for the people, as usual, forever.

sponk

Trump has said he'll release the full call transcript tomorrow. How likely is it that impeachment will work, and get him out of office? People on Twitter are acting like he's already toast.

If what Twed says above is true, it seems like it could be a gift for Trump. It could just make him look strong  and the Dems weak and incompetent to his supporters. "They even tried to impeach him and he beat them!"

Urinal Cake

Quote from: sponk on September 24, 2019, 11:02:31 PM
Trump has said he'll release the full call transcript tomorrow. How likely is it that impeachment will work, and get him out of office? People on Twitter are acting like he's already toast.

If what Twed says above is true, it seems like it could be a gift for Trump. It could just make him look strong  and the Dems weak and incompetent to his supporters. "They even tried to impeach him and he beat them!"
I think it's cover for Biden and try to see how much shit sticks to the wall.

Twed

It will also make shitty Dems look like strong #resistance crusaders... during the primary election cycle.

Ferris

Absolutely this. Not a single republican in the senate will vote to convict, so the entire thing is pointless. There's no extra bombshell evidence to drop, so you could ask the senate which way they'd vote right now and get your answer. To be honest, even if he was guilty of a crime, and filmed being guilty of a crime, and said "yes I am guilty of a crime", the senate republicans still wouldn't abandon him (they've all got election campaigns coming up), so what's the point?

This will massively backfire. 5 point approval rating bump for the current administration, all swing states back in play, a second term of this madness. Pure desolation. Fuck everything.

Jittlebags

He must have a special official with a basting brush coating his skin (hurrrhpp) with bisto or something on a regular basis.

Rev+

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on September 25, 2019, 12:28:23 AM
Absolutely this. Not a single republican in the senate will vote to convict, so the entire thing is pointless.

The problem is that the Democrats somehow still don't realise how insulated the people who voted for Trump and will do again are.  They know this won't work but figure it's like firing a flare from the middle of the castle.  The people they're trying to reach don't give a shit and never will.

Ferris

Quote from: Rev+ on September 25, 2019, 12:48:02 AM
The problem is that the Democrats somehow still don't realise how insulated the people who voted for Trump and will do again are.  They know this won't work but figure it's like firing a flare from the middle of the castle.  The people they're trying to reach don't give a shit and never will.

They're playing politics like it's the '70s and middle America is waiting to be convinced. Newsflash - they're already convinced. You're playing to the tiny percentage of people who are politically disengaged and don't give a shit either way. That's who you need to aim a narrative at.

"I was investigating bad corruption and I didn't play by the rules when I did it" is almost a renegade cop drama and people will support that guy. "Ooh we think that promising foreign aid, then delaying the payment when the son of our eventual nominee was implicated and wanting an investigation into his potential crimes, though yeah he was involved in a bit of corruption but it wasn't real and don't worry about that anyway it was far away but this isn't fair because it didn't seem like a reasonable delay..." seems like the fucking whining of losers.

I think it was probably a crime, but my opinion is irrelevant - what matters is which of those narratives sells better. Armchair pundit over here, but I can make an educated guess.

It's all so frustrating. I'm going to disconnect from US politics again for a little bit.

Urinal Cake

The Democrats realise that the Trump base is static, they also realise that the GOP is behind Trump. But their base and their party want impeachment. I think the hope is that there's enough dirt to come out that swinging voters could not vote for Trump (again).

Also Biden as the chosen one needs to be protected. From the GOP as well as internally who will say he's too much of a target for the GOP.

They haven't actually started impeachment proceedings and most likely never will. This is just an administrative thing that (they are presumably thinking) will allow them to use House investigatory resources to dominate the news over the next 13 months with story after story of investigatory bombshells into Trump being a corrupt doofus.

Plus it fires up the #Resistance voter base which did actually give the Dems huge gains in 2018.

Mister Six

Ferris

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on September 25, 2019, 01:15:50 AM
They haven't actually started impeachment proceedings and most likely never will. This is just an administrative thing that (they are presumably thinking) will allow them to use House investigatory resources to dominate the news over the next 13 months with story after story of investigatory bombshells into Trump being a corrupt doofus.

Plus it fires up the #Resistance voter base which did actually give the Dems huge gains in 2018.

Ok well that actually makes sense politically.

sponk

Romney tweeted about the Ukraine thing and Trump posted this last night.

steve98

McGuire, the acting head of the DNI, apparently threatened today to resign, unless the full whistleblowers complaint was given by the WH to Congress - and they've agreed! A senate and a House committee (I can't remember which ones, there's so many) will each receive the FULL WB report at 4pm EST today. It's all happening now.

buttgammon

He sounds seriously fucked - like he's doped up to the eyeballs and has a cold.