Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:39:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

TRUMP No. 9: A weird fucking bumble hex

Started by Pearly-Dewdrops Drops, September 11, 2019, 05:30:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

Quote from: Urinal Cake on November 20, 2019, 11:58:24 PM
He won't get convicted. Maybe one or two Republicans might flip. But when foreign affairs, corruption etc comes out it's a good stick to hit him with.

It's not the helicopter carrying the turkey it's 'free money' raining down.

But it's raining down from the evil liberal Fed and (artificially?) driving up the stock market, but that's good because the bear (California? Bearish market?) can't chop the head off the turkey of the artificially inflated stock market so take that liberals? Or something?

It's all over the place. 2/10 for me, and that's mostly for the money-turkey.

gib

are we supposed to feel sorry for the bear or despise the bear for being a shit bear that keeps trying to chop Economic Reality with an axe?

Ferris

Quote from: gib on November 21, 2019, 12:07:28 AM
are we supposed to feel sorry for the bear or despise the bear for being a shit bear that keeps trying to chop Economic Reality with an axe?

But the economic reality itself is synthetic via the QE cash from the evil (?) helicopter.

Like I say, no idea. Very poor effort.

Ferris

He could call it "THE DEEP STATE" or "FAKE NEWS MEDIA" or some other such bugbear and it would fit perfectly. Missed opportunity.

Again, this is all very poor stuff from whatshisname

Dex Sawash

Garrison cartoons are like the bible. You don't have to understand it, just know that it's all true.

Ok the bear-man from The Shining was trying to chop the turkey's head off for his Thanksgiving dinner, but that means the stock market is divorced from "economic reality"? Is that supposed to be good or bad?

Urinal Cake

Yep that's pretty much it but Garrison should've added Obama because he started QE after the 2008 crisis. For a conservative it makes sense. Let the weak actors fall and suffer the consequences.
For a Trump supporter it's hypocritical like everything else because Trump has routinely lauded the stock market as a product of his economic genius.

But for QE, the turkey's head is supposed to be on the tree stump  in which the bear can cut off and start eating the turkey. Garrison probably made a wrong  bet on the market hence he is in fact the hungry bear.

Ferris

Have we considered that might actually be a lion??

beanheadmcginty

Garrison is saying that Quantitative Easing is bad because all that free cash from the Federal Reserve is sending the stock market rocketing up (represented by the turkey's neck for no reason other than it being close to Thanksgiving). This is sending it out of the reach of the bear's axe, causing him to be hungry. The bear represents the concept of the bear investor, who is typically pessimistic about the stock market and makes investments on the assumption that it is on a downward trajectory. The fact that the stump is labelled "economic reality" demonstrates that Garrison is on the side of the bears and either expects or wants the market to fall to what he considers a more natural level (i.e. minus the input of federal cash).
I'm not Ben Garrison by the way. Or his wife.

bgmnts

You have to admit it takes a lot of skill to be so overtly obvious yet so utterly confusing.

Urinal Cake

It's a common conservative talking point since the GFC. But mix it with Positive Trump Economics and Thanksgiving imagery and it confuses everybody.

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on November 21, 2019, 01:53:36 AM
Garrison is saying that Quantitative Easing is bad because all that free cash from the Federal Reserve is sending the stock market rocketing up (represented by the turkey's neck for no reason other than it being close to Thanksgiving). This is sending it out of the reach of the bear's axe, causing him to be hungry. The bear represents the concept of the bear investor, who is typically pessimistic about the stock market and makes investments on the assumption that it is on a downward trajectory. The fact that the stump is labelled "economic reality" demonstrates that Garrison is on the side of the bears and either expects or wants the market to fall to what he considers a more natural level (i.e. minus the input of federal cash).
I'm not Ben Garrison by the way. Or his wife.

Wrong!

That "bear" is actually the lion Simba from the Disney film The Lion King, who is bemoaning the harsh economy reality of the box office and the surpassing of classic Disney films by the much more popular Marvel franchise (which revolves around a team of technologically savvy heroes working for the U.S. government, as represented by a government agency (here the Federal Reserve), who fly around in helicopter and other flying vehicles), which is depicted as dumping piles of box office cash on big turkeys (Garrison's colloquial jab at the quality of the Marvel films, obviously not their box office takings) used to artificially prop up Disney's stock price at the expense of the wholesome family entertainment it used to stand for.

This is Garrison's commentary on the whole Scorsese controversy.

Head Gardener

Mobius

Dex Sawash

The Culture Bunker

I mean, he has got the physique of a boxer, only rather than Balboa, it's Butterbean.

Urinal Cake

Quote from: Bobloblawslawbomb on November 27, 2019, 04:05:36 PM
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1199718185865535490?s=21

I mean, what the fuck?
Well it was after his trip to the hospital so he has to assuage the troops. I love how petty he is- he didn't use Arnie (the real beefcake of that era) after all the fuss of the 2016 election and The Apprentice. Steven Seagal is probably on the phone right now.

Cuellar

kngen

Blumf

Loved that Baby Geniuses 2 'theme tune', had to be Andy Clark didn't it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JpM_XSXv24

Head Gardener

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Blumf on November 28, 2019, 02:36:54 PM
Loved that Baby Geniuses 2 'theme tune', had to be Andy Clark didn't it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JpM_XSXv24

A great track. Did the voight medal event happen or was it cgi?

Viero_Berlotti

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 30, 2019, 10:26:39 AM
A great track. Did the voight medal event happen or was it cgi?

It happened, it's just edited by Vic Berger to make it look more absurd than it already was.

https://youtu.be/BAbupqN85rw