Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:58:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

TRUMP No. 9: A weird fucking bumble hex

Started by Pearly-Dewdrops Drops, September 11, 2019, 05:30:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kngen

Quote from: Viero_Berlotti on November 30, 2019, 11:57:01 AM
It happened, it's just edited by Vic Berger to make it look more absurd than it already was.

https://youtu.be/BAbupqN85rw

As curious as I am, I'm not going to watch that to find out just what prompted Voight to get up and dance - it will always be the Baby Geniuses 2 soundtrack as far as I'm concerned.

olliebean

Age seems to have turned Jon Voight into one of those people who looks like he's been deepfaked even if it's really him.

Norton Canes

Are we talking about his flounce from the NATO gathering on another thread? Superb stuff.

Hank Venture

I'm convince QE is still being done so they can stop it and crash the markets when/if Bernie gets into office.

Hank Venture

http://twitter.com/NTarnopolsky/status/1203704561950765057

You alright there Donnie pal

His brain is about to leak out of his nose. It's a bit unnerving just how fast his brain is degrading, you can almost see it from day to day. As I theorized some time ago, his god-awful lifestyle (eat shit, never exercise), surely must play a role in the rapid decline.

bgmnts

As someone who eat's shit and never exercises I can definitely confirm that his brain, along with his physical health, is surely deteriorating pretty fast. He has never been an intelligent person evidently but I can definitely say his degeneration will be complete soon, especiall factoring in his age and the amount of daily stress he is under.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

As long as in front of a live mic he either uses the N word or loudly and very obviously shits himself, and we get to watch The_Donald break their backs trying to explain it, I'll be happy.

Mister Six

Quote from: Hank Venture on December 08, 2019, 11:04:48 PM
http://twitter.com/NTarnopolsky/status/1203704561950765057

You alright there Donnie pal

His brain is about to leak out of his nose. It's a bit unnerving just how fast his brain is degrading, you can almost see it from day to day. As I theorized some time ago, his god-awful lifestyle (eat shit, never exercise), surely must play a role in the rapid decline.

Didn't he say something almost exactly like this in his first year in office?

dr_christian_troy

Quote from: Rich Uncle Skeleton on December 08, 2019, 11:14:20 PM
As long as in front of a live mic he either uses the N word or loudly and very obviously shits himself, and we get to watch The_Donald break their backs trying to explain it, I'll be happy.

Or his face just falls off like cheese on a pizza

Cuellar

Quote from: Rich Uncle Skeleton on December 08, 2019, 11:14:20 PM

They'd love the former, not sure about the latter but they'd probably love it too.

"He's doing what we all wish we could!"

dr_christian_troy

Quote from: Cuellar on December 09, 2019, 02:13:35 PM
They'd love the former, not sure about the latter but they'd probably love it too.

"He's doing what we all wish we could!"

The entire audience then shits themselves in unison to the point where the stadium is filled with shit and they all just drown in shit and as they gasp for air people near the front try to touch Trump's shit and put it in a jar for prosperity not actually knowing who the shit belongs to as they shit themselves to death in shit

Dex Sawash

Hearing a few minutes of impeachment hearing on radio just now. Fucking shambles.

Dewt

Only 40 House Democrats opposed "a $738 billion compromise defense policy bill that would create a Space Force as the newest military service".

But it's ridiculous to say that they are the same spouts an idiot

Quote from: Dewt on December 12, 2019, 12:56:34 AM
Only 40 House Democrats opposed "a $738 billion compromise defense policy bill that would create a Space Force as the newest military service".

But it's ridiculous to say that they are the same spouts an idiot

40 Democrats versus how many Republicans?

Dewt

You are experiencing a dimwit's interpretation of a system that is rigged in a way where having a party with slightly more left-wing optics is a design feature.

Also consider that much of that 40 are the people trying to reform the party and are only of it by necessity

Quote from: Dewt on December 12, 2019, 01:10:31 AM
You are experiencing a dimwit's interpretation of a system that is rigged in a way where having a party with slightly more left-wing optics is a design feature.

Also consider that much of that 40 are the people trying to reform the party and are only of it by necessity

Yes, the system is obviously rigged by two terrible parties but within the rigged system one of the two parties on offer is clearly better. You're conflating different issues.

Dewt

"Better" in the same way that the actor in the crowd pretending to want to buy the fake gold necklaces is better than their partner-in-crime selling them.

Is it better, though? The PR of the Republican party is designed to ensnare people with ugly, overtly racist nationalistic sensibilities, but the Democratic party is their institutionally-racist wingman, despite the theatre of it all. On top if that, its job is to block all progress from the left, which is the linchpin of the entire grift. Many Dems could easily be Republicans, it was just expedient for their careers to pick the other side.

If the Dems were stopped from doing what they do, America (and the world) would change for the better. If the Republicans were stopped, nothing would fundamentally change.

At this point I find it difficult to understand why people are so hung up on the idea of party affiliation when both parties are clearly working together for the same goal. Nancy Pelosi and Trump, for example, are part of the same team when they're sparring in public. It's group theatre.

I also wonder what the fucking point is of correcting people who make the claim I'm making. "Whoa, whoa there, hold on with that passion that might actually be part of achieving some actual change, because I--the person who will remove the labels from monsters with my pedantry--am here to cool it all off".

No, they are the same. They might have different wings with different PR, but it's a group of people with common goals, and the people as their common enemy. It's a TV network that airs Will and Grace next to Duck Dynasty to cover all demographics. That's all.

Hank Venture

Democrats (bar outliers like Sanders and AOC) are controlled opposition. Look at how much money they take from the pharmaceutical industry — snyone who thinks they sincerely want a free at the point of service healthcare system is an idiot. Their function is to pretend they want power but then never actually do anything to stop the Republicans — that's what their donors pay for.

Imagine the Dems controlling everything. What would they actually do with their unlimited power? Nothing, because that's what their donors want them to do. Controlled opposition to enforce the status quo and manage expectations downwards.

Quote from: Dewt on December 12, 2019, 02:12:43 AM
"Better" in the same way that the actor in the crowd pretending to want to buy the fake gold necklaces is better than their partner-in-crime selling them.

Is it better, though? The PR of the Republican party is designed to ensnare people with ugly, overtly racist nationalistic sensibilities, but the Democratic party is their institutionally-racist wingman, despite the theatre of it all. On top if that, its job is to block all progress from the left, which is the linchpin of the entire grift. Many Dems could easily be Republicans, it was just expedient for their careers to pick the other side.

If the Dems were stopped from doing what they do, America (and the world) would change for the better. If the Republicans were stopped, nothing would fundamentally change.

At this point I find it difficult to understand why people are so hung up on the idea of party affiliation when both parties are clearly working together for the same goal. Nancy Pelosi and Trump, for example, are part of the same team when they're sparring in public. It's group theatre.

I also wonder what the fucking point is of correcting people who make the claim I'm making. "Whoa, whoa there, hold on with that passion that might actually be part of achieving some actual change, because I--the person who will remove the labels from monsters with my pedantry--am here to cool it all off".

No, they are the same. They might have different wings with different PR, but it's a group of people with common goals, and the people as their common enemy. It's a TV network that airs Will and Grace next to Duck Dynasty to cover all demographics. That's all.

Nah, you just don't get it. Performative cynicism over actual engagement with power. It's entirely possible, in fact necessary, to both despise the Democrats and work for an alternative, while still recognizing that in the short-term a Democratic regime offers countless material benefits to a Republican regime. It's easy to get caught up in the personality politics of the President and presidential candidates and lose sight of the boring bureaucracy of the administrative/social-welfare state (the husk of it that remains), where Democrats bring real benefits - or rather present less harms than the Republicans.

Dewt

Don't say that people are being performative just to diminish them.

The fact that Dem policies tend to suit us more is not an argument that goes against what I claimed. It is in fact their essential role in the entire system. They are there to control the left wing of a two-party system. While their policies may be more beneficial to us, their actual existence as a party in its current form is not. They are key in making sure we go to war and funnel money to the top.

Dewt

Quote from: Buelligan on December 16, 2019, 02:14:39 PM
Voting for someone like Blair, might seem preferable to voting for Johnson or Thatcher.  Ask yourself what it did to the party though.  It virtually destroyed it.  The loss of faith cost Labour Scotland and is even now part of the desolation in the North, in Wales.  Those cunts with their suits that you couldn't tell from a tory, looking after their mates and smiling like salesmen.  Hundreds of thousands, if not, millions, stopped voting.  Great for the triumph of "centrism" which IMO, is shorthand for delivering power away from the people and into the hands of the elite, doesn't matter what colour rosette the cunts are wearing if they're still acting like cunts.

Mobius

So tomorrow is impeachment day apparently. The news keeps saying he's 'all but certain' to be impeached, but can't like McConnell or someone just block it?

Not trying to be melodramatic or owt... but are these millions of mental Trump supporters just gonna go "oh he's been impeached fair enough, RIP #MAGA" ?

Dewt

It all feels like somebody doing a big shit on the floor and then instead of cleaning it up or making sure they don't do shits on the floor again they just yell at the shit

Ferris

Quote from: Mobius on December 17, 2019, 08:30:32 PM
So tomorrow is impeachment day apparently. The news keeps saying he's 'all but certain' to be impeached, but can't like McConnell or someone just block it?

Not trying to be melodramatic or owt... but are these millions of mental Trump supporters just gonna go "oh he's been impeached fair enough, RIP #MAGA" ?

Impeached by the (Democratic majority) House, but acquitted by the (Republican majority) Senate. As was obvious from the get go, the whole thing is a mental waste of time.

The Culture Bunker

It strikes me the whole thing has been organised to just ensure he wins the election next year, as he'll spend the whole campaign ranting about the "deep state", "anti-democratic forces" and other such guff and be taken wholesale on his word.

Mobius

So he's just gonna keep being President

VOT IS POINT IMPEACHMENT

DrGreggles

Good things don't happen - especially in politics.

Ferris

Quote from: Mobius on December 17, 2019, 10:19:40 PM
So he's just gonna keep being President

VOT IS POINT IMPEACHMENT

It forces GOP senators in "swing" states to publicly go on the record as supporting the president at time when he is increasingly unpopular in suburban districts. I'd wager that was entirely the reason behind all this.

Of course, that is an example of Democratic political chicanery being stuck in the '70s because split-party ballots basically aren't a thing in general election years (so if they nominate another turkey for POTUS, that will have a bigger impact on senate races), local and state-wide elections are increasingly focused on national issues (how the national party pitches messages, not how individual senators vote), and it relies on an informed, impartial voter base who make rational decisions based on the information provided by an unbiased media. It's fucking bonkers, basically.

So to answer your question, VOT IS POINT INDEED.