Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:33:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

TRUMP No. 9: A weird fucking bumble hex

Started by Pearly-Dewdrops Drops, September 11, 2019, 05:30:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dog Botherer

in fairness, the Trump administration is probably too incompetent to stage a coup like that. but also the current Dem crop are absolutely useless and craven enough to hand it to him.

FUCKDOWN

chveik

Quote from: jobotic on July 28, 2020, 07:02:11 PM
What? I'm well aware of how shite Biden is, ta.

not saying you aren't, but I have yet to find compelling evidence that Trump really want to do a coup.

pigamus

Being a one-term president would be the worst thing that could happen to him really. History always sees them as losers.

Alberon

Trump has shown a total disregard for all rules and regulations of the US. He wants to be like the dictators he admires and get his every whim fulfilled.

I think he hates being president, but he hates being seen as a loser even more. If he loses big time he'll leave while never admitting defeat, but if the result is narrow he'll fight it in the courts all the way.

What I find amusing is he's using the dementia card against Biden, but then he's always been all or nothing.

Barry Admin

Quote from: pigamus on July 28, 2020, 08:14:42 PM
Being a one-term president would be the worst thing that could happen to him really. History always sees them as losers.

Yeah. There was also this:

Quote from: BBCMore now on President Trump's conversations with Xi Jinping. Mr Bolton says Mr Trump told China's leader that Americans were keen for him to make the constitutional changes needed for him to serve more than two terms.

"One highlight came when Xi said he wanted to work with Trump for six more years, and Trump replied that people were saying that the two-term constitutional limit on presidents should be repealed for him," he wrote in an extract published by the Wall Street Journal.

"Xi said the US had too many elections, because he didn't want to switch away from Trump, who nodded approvingly."

Quote from: chveik on July 28, 2020, 08:07:49 PM
not saying you aren't, but I have yet to find compelling evidence that Trump really want to do a coup.

Yeah, it strikes me that he's all hot air.  He talks about not walking - but the man is a physical coward.  He talks tough but would he really involve himself in what is effectively a coup which could turn violent - one in which he could suffer physical harm?  Protestors with placards were enough to drive him into a bunker.

Much better to whinge on twitter for the rest of his days about a conspiracy against him.

Fambo Number Mive

Trump is currently in Texas, apparently to discuss the energy industry. He's also tweeting about lots of money the airports are getting.

Mr Banlon

Mister Six

The racism will keep getting more explicit as November approaches.

Mr Banlon

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Mr Banlon on July 30, 2020, 09:24:02 AM
Safe to say that these lot will be voting for him : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltmlvk9GAto

QuoteThroughout filming I received threats of legal action by racists who don't want to be exposed and want to see this video removed. I would greatly appreciate any donations to our legal defense fund:  https://www.gofundme.com/f/BLM-sign-i...

whut? just tell them to fuck off, you don't need a legal fund. Hope he's not grifting.

imitationleather

Dog Botherer

not unsurprising. expect some variation of this weekly for the next 8 months. there's basically no downsides from Trump's perspective.

Ferris

Well he's a terrible loser so I expect him to keep going on about it basically forever.

Going by the polls now (yeah I know), he's looking at a landslide defeat.

Wonderful Butternut

Just posturing or scared of the result? Makes me genuinely consider the possibility that he will lose the election for the first time.

Not sure if that'll be better, because it'll mean the Democrats will have won with a conservative, walking cadaver, so they'll keep wheeling out conservative walking cadavers[nb]Of course there's no guarantee that Biden having his shit ruined in the election will bring about any leftward shift in the Democratic Party either[/nb], but it will at least be funnier cos all Trump had to do to win the election was shut up and stop letting slip that he's a deranged, racist, elitist loon, and just sit back and watch whilst Biden's brain slowly dribbles out through his nose.

Then again we're also back to: "at what point do we take these insane ramblings as serious attempts to bypass the democratic process?"

I know there's procedures and legislation in place that, election or not, dictate that Trump's term ends in January and if there's no president elect it goes down the line to the Speaker of the House (Pelosi), but with the presumed backing of the Republicans and his Supreme Court appointees, I do wonder could he find way to usurp this.

Alberon

I think it's mostly just getting his excuse in if he loses the election.

Even someone as demented as he is must know that even if the republicans held both houses delaying the election would be a tall order.

Ferris

Just counting states with decent polling where there is a margin of 6+ points between the candidates, I see Biden on 292 electoral college votes, and trump around 110. The rest are either within 6 points or there isn't decent polling (even if states like CT will likely go Democrat anyway).

He's getting his excuses in early, and that seems like a decent strategy here.

pigamus

If it doesn't go down to Pelosi it goes to that ancient Republican fella I think. Sounds ludicrous in theory, but in Trump's brain, I wonder...

Mister Six

Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on July 30, 2020, 03:35:56 PM
I know there's procedures and legislation in place that, election or not, dictate that Trump's term ends in January and if there's no president elect it goes down the line to the Speaker of the House (Pelosi)

Not Pelosi because she's also up for election. It'll be Senate President pro tempore Chuck Grassley (Republican, Iowa). Fucking 86 years old!

Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on July 30, 2020, 03:35:56 PM
I know there's procedures and legislation in place that, election or not, dictate that Trump's term ends in January and if there's no president elect it goes down the line to the Speaker of the House (Pelosi), but with the presumed backing of the Republicans and his Supreme Court appointees, I do wonder could he find way to usurp this.

This is incorrect. There is no clear answer to what would happen, which means the 5-4 Supreme Court would simply make something up. (Of course Roberts might nonetheless decide that it is worth the public relations boost to put a Democrat in office. He's more interested in the long game.)

pigamus

Quote from: Mister Six on July 30, 2020, 05:02:14 PM
Not Pelosi because she's also up for election. It'll be Senate President pro tempore Chuck Grassley (Republican, Iowa). Fucking 86 years old!

It does sound ludicrous, but if you explain to Donnie that his options are President Biden or President Grassley, well...

Mister Six

I think all he'll really hear is "President Not Trump".

pigamus

Barry Admin

Obama just went off on one about Trump during his eulogy at the funeral of John Lewis. Ranting about voting suppression and stuff, to a standing ovation. A short and impassioned rant; short enough to make it onto every news bulletin In full for the next few days.

Edit: wow he's off on one again now; what a piece of shit.

Mister Six

I assume that last par is about Trump and not Obama!

Mister Six

I swear to fuck, if Biden gets in with both houses under Dem control and doesn't ban gerrymandering and voter suppression...

(And restore voting rights to convicts, but that's definitely not going to happen under President How Do I Open PDF.)

Fambo Number Mive

It's really sad, the Democrats would have been likely to win with any candidate after this, but they went with a really shit choice just like in 2016.

Sanders would probably have won despite the establishment media given how badly Trump is doing. Instead we have Biden, who stands for nothing but the elite. Better than Trump sure, but that's a very low bar.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Mister Six on July 30, 2020, 08:02:48 PM
I assume that last par is about Trump and not Obama!

No. Bringing up Lewis' voting bill is appropriate, but turning a man's funeral into a full-on political rally doesn't sit at all well with me.

C_Larence

if only someone had the power to do something  about voter suppression in the years between 2008 and 2016