Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:31:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

9/11 - she's a big girl now

Started by touchingcloth, September 11, 2019, 08:49:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

Legal for sex and drink in the UK and, I dunno, owning private nukes in the US.

How do you plan on celebrating and/or taking advantage?

Ronalado

RONALADO understand first. gorge BOSH plan this for sure.

is so sad ;'(

now we have loset so many people. i am so proud :_(

Lordofthefiles

Wanking onto a hotplate.

"Coffee and tiny pancakes anyone?"

pancreas

If you think about it, those buildings were probably going to fall down at some point anyway.

shiftwork2

Funnily enough I saw a melted lump of one of the twin towers this week at the American bit of IWM Duxford.  Inexplicable.

SteveDave

Sebastian Cobb

Still freaks my nut out to this day.

kittens

18 years ago today i played on the sims for the very first time.

Petey Pate

It would now be old enough to fight in the Afghan war, which still hasn't ended...

Cuellar

I went to Ground Zero a couple of years ago. I looked around and then went into a cafe.

That's all, there's no more.

thenoise

Have they finished the replacement one yet? Imagine instead of spending all that money invading Afghanistan and Iraq they just built a massive replacement 9/11 towers instead.

imitationleather

Will never forget that date as it was the first time I was ever spit-roasted.

Captain Z

Has 9 out of 11 cats really been on that long, wow.

momatt

Mate, you've got it wrong.  Today is not the 9th of November.
Sort it out FFS.

a duncandisorderly

I will spend at least part of today on the 25th floor of a tall building in london, & possibly I'll remember how I was working in munich eighteen years ago.

madhair60

Quote from: Cuellar on September 11, 2019, 09:20:36 AM
I went to Ground Zero a couple of years ago. I looked around and then went into a cafe.

That's all, there's no more.

same. bet it was the same cafe too. obama came on telly and everyone stopped chatting and eating and watched it in silence.

weirdos

Cuellar

Might have been. There were lots of 9/11 memorial pictures all over the walls, and photos of firefighters drinking/eating in that cafe.

the

Quote from: Captain Z on September 11, 2019, 09:26:21 AMHas 9 out of 11 cats really been on that long, wow.

Only 4 years short. And you thought memorialising a major terrorist attack was depressing.

I remember the day very clearly, as that was the afternoon I accidentally rollerskated into Mothercare

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: Cuellar on September 11, 2019, 09:39:34 AM
Might have been. There were lots of 9/11 memorial pictures all over the walls, and photos of firefighters drinking/eating in that cafe.

that's pretty much the whole of lower manhattan, to be fair.

sponk

Those towers can "go down" on me any time they like

Neville Chamberlain

I think I went to that cafe, back in oooh 2009 that would have been.

I ended up following events on the Guardian website. I remember when the first tower was hit, I went "Fuck!" and then when the second tower was hit, I said "Fuck!" again, but this time a bit longer, more like "Fuuuuuuuck!!". When the first tower collapsed, I was like, "Blimey!" (and then "Bliiiimeeey!!!" when the second tower collapsed).

Cuellar

I remember being told about it as we arrived at double English after lunch. Teacher looked very concerned, we didn't give a fuck.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Cuellar on September 11, 2019, 09:48:13 AM
I remember being told about it as we arrived at double English after lunch. Teacher looked very concerned, we didn't give a fuck.

Nobody told us shit, didn't find out until I got home. I don't know how it didn't spread, OK we didn't have ubitiquos Internet, but there were still mobile phones.

idunnosomename

i chose to walk home that day and missed the whole thing. fucking gutted i was

Head Gardener

the

I had wondered how long it would take for you to copy an unfunny picture off Reddit

Cuellar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJgoDYeP0Jk - Saw this posted on reddit, documentary originally started as a look at a rookie firefighter working his way up, but ends up coinciding with the attacks.

There's a bit about 40 minutes in where they're trying to evacuate people from Tower 1 but the chief doesn't want them going out of the front door because of debris falling, then you hear a CRASH from outside, then another - turns out it's people hitting the ground. Then for the next few minutes of actual footage you occasionally hear these crashes. Fucking chilling.

touchingcloth

Quote from: the on September 11, 2019, 09:40:53 AM
I remember the day very clearly, as that was the afternoon I accidentally rollerskated into Mothercare

Don't beat yourself up, we've all had similar accidents. You accidentally rollerskated into Mothercare coincidentally on the same day that I accidentally flew a passenger jet into a massive building twice.

Off topic now, but one of my bit of comedy I often find appearing in my head unbidden is a Time Trumpet bit where the foreign football type is confused by the concept of Mothercare.

"What did you think about Mothercare closing down?"

"Mothercare?"

"Yes. What did you think when it closed down?"

"It didn't...she still does."

"Do you know what Mother care is?"

"...yes."

"Use it in a sentence?"

"Since I was a little child, my mother care for me."