Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:13:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Scattershot Gaming Opinions

Started by The Boston Crab, September 11, 2019, 10:57:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

Twed

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on September 12, 2019, 11:52:45 AM
Speaking of which; Yoshi's Island is nothing special. As far as I know, Miyamoto was misquoted about it being overshadowed by Donkey Kong Country because of graphics - which is good, because he would have been a big hypocrite if he actually had said that. It's a bog standard platformer with some flashy graphics.

And the crying Mario noise is purest hatred.
I am going to gradually slice imperceptible bits off you consistently. I will not quit. It will be so subtle that you won't notice anything before you're gone completely.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I'll bet they've all not noticed by the time you're done with them.

Twed

SHIT, I've been successfully counter-owned. Fair play.

madhair60

popcorn

Not liking Yoshi's Island is one of the least attractive traits a person can have.

popcorn

Conversation systems were perfected by LucasArts in 1990 and every version since has been worse.

popcorn

Worms is like 80,000 times better than chess.

Any game where you click on little men is boring.

There are only two good game franchises with "of" in their title. Every single other one has been bollocks.

UI design is incredibly fucking important, it's like level design or something, and yet no one who makes or plays video games has ever noticed or cared.

There are still many fundamental design rules that gamers and game developers don't understand, even though they ought to be terribly obvious and people in other industries to do with human interaction have understood them for years. These are mainly to do with why players will do things even if you tell them not to and other things to do with human psychology.

The Saturn 3D pad was a fucking dream to hold.

popcorn

The fact that almost no game devs in the world, even the enormous and rich ones like Rockstar, test their games (ie to make sure they're fun, make sense, properly balanced and so on) is a fucking outrage.

popcorn

Almost no video games are actually good, not even the good ones, and everyone has embarrassingly low standards.

Half-Life 1 invented AAA games and Half-Life 2 brought them to a level that no one has matched since in terms of a unified approach to design.

2D Metroid owns and they should make a new one.

popcorn

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on September 12, 2019, 11:52:45 AM
Speaking of which; Yoshi's Island is nothing special. As far as I know, Miyamoto was misquoted about it being overshadowed by Donkey Kong Country because of graphics - which is good, because he would have been a big hypocrite if he actually had said that. It's a bog standard platformer with some flashy graphics.

I looked into this a while ago and according to Vice, the quote is real and originates from a 1994 issue of EGM. I've yet to find an online copy of that issue though.

However this will be of no interest to you as you have by now been killed, as is right.

bgmnts

Quote from: popcorn on September 13, 2019, 07:55:08 PM
There are only two good game franchises with "of" in their title. Every single other one has been bollocks.

Gears of
Tales of
Legend of
Streets of

Twed

Twed

Honestly though how can you look at Yoshi's Island and think "bog-standard". As in, "yeah this is about as good as an Asterisk platformer". Madness.

kidney

Any game that relies on being played cooperatively with friends to make it enjoyable is inherently shit and flawed.

Twed

Quote from: kidney on September 13, 2019, 08:31:26 PM
Any game that relies on being played cooperatively with friends to make it enjoyable is inherently shit and flawed.
And hopefully one day you'll be able to confirm that!

madhair60

popcorn

Worms is like 80,000 times better than chess.
The game, or the gastrointestinal parasites?
Quote from: popcorn on September 13, 2019, 07:51:58 PM
Not liking Yoshi's Island is one of the least attractive traits a person can have.
Good. I don't want to be too gorgeous. It's like Beatlemania all rolled up into one over here.

bgmnts

Age of Empires II is an incredible game. Little men are ace.

Quote from: Twed on September 13, 2019, 08:20:51 PM
Honestly though how can you look at Yoshi's Island and think "bog-standard". As in, "yeah this is about as good as an Asterisk platformer". Madness.
I didn't just look at it. I played it.

Twed

Have you ever played any other platformer or do you have ridiculously high expectations?

This is Asterix on the SNES. This is a bog-standard platformer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFJKpafD1u4
The Addams Family is where you raise the level to "good": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SxxqeSYhjU

Are you saying the wrong thing from your BITCH mouth that Yoshi's Island is at that level?

madhair60

Quote from: popcorn on September 13, 2019, 09:40:31 PM
Are lemmings fucking men madhair.

I don't mind what they do behind closed doors, I thank you very much.

H-O-W-L

Any game where you click on little men is boring.

You're wrong, and you're a grotesquely ugly freak.

Twed

Lemmings are still having sex and nothing seems to stop them

Is every computer gameplay a peadophile

PlanktonSideburns

pixels would be better if they were triangles

urban strike is the best game

streets of rage 3 is a bit of a letdown

PlanktonSideburns

also, why do the women enemies take ages to get up in streets of rage 3?