Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,173
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:18:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Scattershot Gaming Opinions

Started by The Boston Crab, September 11, 2019, 10:57:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on September 13, 2019, 11:55:01 PM
also, why do the women enemies take ages to get up in streets of rage 3?

because they are women

Twed

Anybody who has ever played an old game with a 'filter' on it designed to guess inbetween pixels so they don't have to be offended by seeing something that looks old and made by an actual human is a fucking idiot who I can never relate to on any level.

Similarly, anybody who thinks that the Monkey Island remakes that replaced the pixel art where every single pixel was chosen with great care and artistry with big broad vector brush strokes is an absolute wrongheaded fool.

I'm going to jump on this pet peeve every six months until I can confirm that every one of these wrongthinkers has perished from dullness of the brain, and then I'll just pass away on the spot knowing that my life's purpose has been fulfilled.

popcorn

Agreed, those remake graphics are always hideous and miss the point completely.

madhair60

Quote from: Twed on September 14, 2019, 06:06:50 PM
Anybody who has ever played an old game with a 'filter' on it designed to guess inbetween pixels so they don't have to be offended by seeing something that looks old and made by an actual human is a fucking idiot who I can never relate to on any level.

Similarly, anybody who thinks that the Monkey Island remakes that replaced the pixel art where every single pixel was chosen with great care and artistry with big broad vector brush strokes is an absolute wrongheaded fool.

I'm going to jump on this pet peeve every six months until I can confirm that every one of these wrongthinkers has perished from dullness of the brain, and then I'll just pass away on the spot knowing that my life's purpose has been fulfilled.

I usually play with the easymode-CRT filter, looks like this

Twed

I don't really mind that one. It doesn't fundamentally destroy the original artwork. I quite like the filters that take the pristine digital output of an emulator and run it through the bandwidth limitations of a PAL/NTSC signal too.

H-O-W-L

I play XCOM with a CRT filter like that when I'm playing me homebrew Cold War mod, just to get extra ~immersed~.

Urinal Cake

Turn-based rpg fans are the equivalent to fans of harpsichord concertos.

Hank Venture

Resident Evil 4 might be the best game of all time. It's the only game I played through more than twice, and I wake up thinking about it even though I haven't played it for years.

Bazooka

Turok and Silent Hill 2 have never been topped when it comes to the perfect representation of fog.

Ferris

No genuinely good games have been made since 2004. The PS1 was as good as it got or ever will get.

Thursday

Quote from: Urinal Cake on September 15, 2019, 01:13:30 AM
Turn-based rpg fans are the equivalent to fans of harpsichord concertos.

Not the biggest fan of turn-based RPG's, but they make a lot more sense than more modern hybrid systems that aren't satisfying as strategy or action games.

Cave games are the purest distillation of the complete range of human experience in videogame form.

Thursday

Anyone who genuinely believes no good games have been made since 2004 is a thick, narrow-minded brexit paedophile

madhair60

Quote from: The Boston Crab on September 16, 2019, 05:55:33 PM
Cave games are the purest distillation of the complete range of human experience in videogame form.

what like Joe & Mac?

I just headbutt the corner of the room so hard my head got wedged

samadriel

Noonling

Civilization 2 is the best Civ game.

Ferris

Twed

It is the best one, but the CD ROM version has a creepy video clip for Cure For Cancer that scares me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15S0lInhHAA

What are the slow-moving science aliens doing to Richard Attenborough? I'm just trying to connect to X-Stream 0800 Internet access and playing Civ II while I keep redialing and then this happens