Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 06:21:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Look, I'm Sorry About This

Started by Lisa Jesusandmarychain, September 11, 2019, 07:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

The boss barmaid of the established bar where I go to meet my friends, inclusive of the Robert Lindsey lookalike I've known for the past 10 or so years, the younger version of Robbie Coltrane lookalike who I've also worked in Cambodia with, those steadfast types who I've spent productive Ancient Philosophers of Persia type conversations with....the barmaid....with her eyebrows, with her long flowing, ginger locks, with her expressive eyes....look, I'm sorry, I really, really am, but... She looks ( almost uncannily) like Her Who Plays Villanelle. I'm really sorry, but she does, ok? I'm not proud of this.

Cardenio I

I'm new to this place, is this some sort of "meme"?

Sebastian Cobb

Konki

Is Villanelle the horrible old slapper out of 101 Dalmatians?

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

I've already said I'm not proud. A little clemency, here.

Konki

I'm confused. Cruella de Villanelle isn't ginger. What gives?

touchingcloth

Yeah, is HWPV the coma woman? Is the OP's avatar? I assume both things are creepy if not coma-y.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Oh, give it time. I've noticed that these kind of threads tend to yield the occasional nugget, and to win over the occasional Comeragnostic.

salr

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on September 11, 2019, 08:45:51 PM
Oh, give it time. I've noticed that these kind of threads tend to yield the occasional nugget, and to win over the occasional Comeragnostic.

I think everyone has come down hard by now on this Comer thing, one way or the other.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

idunnosomename

if you mean the realisation that Cromer is the superior Norfolk seaside resort to Great Yarmouth, I agree. full steam ahead

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Ronalado

Jittlebags

Cromer have Crabs, I think they do so for alliterative reasons though

touchingcloth

Someone add a poll for whether the OP has assaulted this bar worker.

QDRPHNC

It's ok, I fell in love with my barber the other day. My infatuation lasted the duration of the haircut.

Cold Meat Platter

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on September 11, 2019, 09:36:10 PM
https://twitter.com/jodiecomer

There she is. Tell her how much you fancy her.

Have you noticed her tweets about that campaign for top safe tyres on coaches what she's very vocal about, due to one of her friends perishing in a coach with well-worn tyres accident? What an inspiration Her Who Plays Villanelle is.
Hopefully, she'll find my own tweet of " I don't half fancy you, missus, you're a really lovely woman ( for a scouser, like)" to be equally as inspiring.

bgmnts

I'm amazed there's still a place for the stock Russian accented femme fetale. It's horrendous.

NJ Uncut

Blue Jam

Watched the first four episodes of Killing Eve recently. While Villanelle is indeed very pretty, she is also a bit annoying, sorry. I am blaming Phoebe Waller-Bridge for this though.

Quote from: bgmnts on September 12, 2019, 05:25:08 AM
I'm amazed there's still a place for the stock Russian accented femme fetale. It's horrendous.

I may be biased here, but I prefer Ms Comer's natural accent. Why not just have a Scouse assassin? A Scoussassin?

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Blue Jam on September 12, 2019, 01:48:42 PM
Watched the first four episodes of Killing Eve recently. While Villanelle is indeed very pretty, she is also a bit annoying, sorry.

I may be biased here, but I prefer Ms Comer's natural accent. Why not just have a Scouse assassin? A Scoussassin?

Villanelle seems a bit on the immature side, yes. I think it's supposed to be charming. I'll let her off though, cos she's massively fit.
A scoussasin could work. Let's say she  killed a German feller , for instance. Her witty sign- off line could be " that's for youse lot bombin' our chippy ", summat like that ( actually , maybe it wouldn't work at all ).
Oh, yeah, and in the first series, Fleabag Pshbird wrote some dialogue about yer woman having small norks ( this seems to be one of FP's obsessions), which is really unfair, as Her Who Plays Villanelle has a right old rack on her.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on September 12, 2019, 01:57:02 PM
Villanelle seems a bit on the immature side, yes. I think it's supposed to be charming.

Yes, this, and, I'm surprised you didn't try to assassinate me for my blasphemy...

I am at work now and trying to resist the temptation to mock up a promotional poster for Scoussassin, with the tagline "Mind yer life for a fiver, la?" and Paul Hollywood as Scoussassin's "handler".

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

While Villanelle's signature move on some of the unfortunate fellers she done killed was chopping off their old lad, Scousassin's could be nicking their hubcaps.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Blue Jam on September 12, 2019, 01:48:42 PM
Watched the first four episodes of Killing Eve recently. While Villanelle is indeed very pretty, she is also a bit annoying, sorry. I am blaming Phoebe Waller-Bridge for this though.

scousers are bit lippy arent they. theyd probably give themselves away by mouthing off about something