Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:30:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Daft Things You've Laughed At

Started by Lisa Jesusandmarychain, September 13, 2019, 07:12:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

studpuppet

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on September 13, 2019, 02:45:05 PM
I suppose there *is* something inherently amusing about the fact that the once handsome Fab Macca looks like Lynne Perrie (Former "Coronation Street" actress, was clearly pissed on an episode of "Shooting Stars", now dead ) nowadays.

flotemysost

This self-cannibalising hotdog statue:

Years ago a friend sent me a photo of himself from Hamburg standing next to one of these, perfectly mimicking its ridiculous blissfully cheeky expression, which I found hilarious. Turns out there are loads of them, all over the world, I've seen people doing the same thing on various dating app profiles and it always gets me.

In fact even the thought that there's a factory somewhere churning out giant suicidal hotdogs cracks me up tbh.

jobotic

Brother told me a story of how him and two mates went into a pub and the only people in there were some scary looking biker types playing pool. They get drinks and sit down and his mate goes to the jukebox and comes and comes back. Bad Babysitter by Princess Superstar starts up and the blokes at the pool table start talking about who put on this fucking shit. Then my brother's friend says "I put it on three times".

Icehaven

I'm quite enjoying the stolen golden toilet story...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-oxfordshire-49700620

...partly for how they keep stressing how it was in Bleinheim Palace as part of an art exhibition in case we get the impression the royals actually have gold shitters as a matter of course.

garbed_attic

Very tired and coming up with all rhyming alternates on Bugsy Malone which in my addled state I found hilarious, much to the escalating irritation and anger of my girlfriend at the time:

"Thugsy Malone... Snugsy Malone... Pugsy Malone..." etc.

kngen

In Clickhole's How Well Do You Know The Lyrics to Fresh Prince of Bell Air? quiz

"When a couple of _________ who were up to no good / Started making _________ in my neighborhood."

And answer D: Goblins/statues of goblins.

Just sets me off every time I think about it.

NJ Uncut

Bloke in work was on about going fishing n that.

Ten minutes pass and he goes : Got all different kinds of bait in my freezer, all different flavours.

Me: You a good cook then?

He gives us a funny look, "I don't EAT it, it's for the fish"

It's more the matter of fact defence to lazy, undetected sarcasm. Genuinely concerned I literally think he dines on a variety of maggots and flies

Creasin up likes!

Icehaven

Quote from: NJ Uncut on September 19, 2019, 06:38:26 AM
Bloke in work was on about going fishing n that.

Ten minutes pass and he goes : Got all different kinds of bait in my freezer, all different flavours.

Me: You a good cook then?

He gives us a funny look, "I don't EAT it, it's for the fish"

It's more the matter of fact defence to lazy, undetected sarcasm. Genuinely concerned I literally think he dines on a variety of maggots and flies

Creasin up likes!

I like the idea of him trying to surreptitiously push his lunchbox out of sight at the same time, so you couldn't see that it was in fact full of insects.

NJ Uncut

Quote from: icehaven on September 19, 2019, 12:02:19 PM
I like the idea of him trying to surreptitiously push his lunchbox out of sight at the same time, so you couldn't see that it was in fact full of insects.

Haha. Or even if he joyfully embraced my accurate assumption!

"I have loads of bait in my freezer, different flavours."

"You a good cook then?"

"As a matter of fact I am! Want a home made pie?"

"Hmmm, er, nooooo....."

holyzombiejesus

QuoteImages from Last of the Summer Wine that could also be from British Horror

@afterglow2046

DrGreggles

Head Gardener

NJ Uncut

Quote from: DrGreggles on September 19, 2019, 12:47:28 PM
SO much going on there!

His fingernails are surprisingly neat

Begs all sorts of questions. Is he considered well groomed for an anthropomorphic hot dog? The nails suggest yes, but the fact he's wearing a roll as a jacket and has Ketchup and mustard eyebrows suggests the negative

Dex Sawash

Jimmy's Famous Hot Dogs, near my house, has hot dog man. He was out front but got hit by a car. They've patched him up crudely and moved him indoors. I love hot dog man. My daughter thinks he is the wurst.

NJ Uncut

Quote from: Dex Sawash on September 20, 2019, 12:09:49 PM
Jimmy's Famous Hot Dogs, near my house, has hot dog man. He was out front but got hit by a car. They've patched him up crudely and moved him indoors. I love hot dog man. My daughter thinks he is the wurst.

If they're so famous why am I utterly fuckin scoobied?

Granted, multiple choice answer that

Jumblegraws

Somewhere on the corners of the internet at one point was a person's description of a dream they had about Dustin Diamond and Cyndi Lauper getting petrol. My work colleagues used to get me to read it out to see how far I could get before I was incapacitated with laughter, to their amusement.

SteveDave

I walked passed one of those ladies wig shops on Stroud Green Road that have a variety of wigs on heads in the window one day and something had happened that made all the wigs slip backwards about an inch and a half so all the heads looked like Brian Eno in his Roxy pomp trying out different colours and styles.

jenna appleseed

Quote from: flotemysost on September 14, 2019, 09:53:32 AM
This self-cannibalising hotdog statue:

fuck me, there's more than one of them!
Somewhere I've got a shitty pic of one from the remains of Weston Pier (just after most of the pier got set on fire), that's broken in a way it looks like it's started eating it's own arm off.

Glebe

Remember in school, a mate was trying to share out sweets in class without being seen and I remember him pushing them slowly towards me with his finger along the conjoined tables.

Brundle-Fly

There was a poster on CaB who said whenever his father reversed the car he always said, "This takes me back."

That's fairly daft and I laughed.

jenna appleseed

Quote from: jenna appleseed on September 21, 2019, 05:10:32 PM
fuck me, there's more than one of them!
Somewhere I've got a shitty pic of one from the remains of Weston Pier (just after most of the pier got set on fire), that's broken in a way it looks like it's started eating it's own arm off.

rescuing my shitty pic from being held hostage by the cunts at photobucket