Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:27:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Next 90s British Guitar Band To Reform Will Be...?

Started by DrGreggles, September 13, 2019, 02:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

Phil_A

I agree, but somehow I don't think Dr Sice would be able to manage a band schedule with his current commitments. Unless it was purely a one-off, last time ever reunion like the recent Microdisney shows.

imitationleather

The Culture Bunker

The one I'd like would be Catherine Wheel, but I imagine Rob Dickinson is making too much money, and enjoying, renovating vintage Porsche 911s.

holyzombiejesus

Jack would be nice but it'll probably be someone like Cosmic Rough Riders.

purlieu

There can't be many left now, can there?

The Boo Radleys and Mansun would be the only ones I'd have any interest in, and probably the two least likely to.

non capisco

Quote from: imitationleather on September 13, 2019, 02:37:38 PM
Catch

I'd be delighted if they reformed, managed to get a TV appearance sorted and then get faded down again because the Queen had just died.

Beagle 2

Whoever it is, they better hurry up as all the kids who got into Britpop a few years ago will soon be reaching the age when they realise it was shit.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Next year marks a quarter of a century since Different Class was released, so it would be nice to see Pulp back together. I get the feeling Jarvis wouldn't be all that interested though.

Quote from: purlieu on September 13, 2019, 04:01:08 PM
Mansun would be the only ones I'd have any interest in, and probably ... least likely to.
Just one more greatest hits tour for the devotees.

Beagle 2

Jarvo sounded well up for doing more at the close of the last reunion, it was the others that seemed to be rolling their eyes.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Fluffy!
Charlie's Angels!
Gay Dad!
Joyrider!
Fuckin' KENICKIE!

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on September 13, 2019, 05:21:55 PM

Fuckin' KENICKIE!

( Stockard Channing enters thread, saying she doesn't want to talk about that.)

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Tiger, of course.

Basically, all those bands what Mark Radcliffe played betwixt the years 1995 and 1997. They'll all reform.

greenman

The Beta Band? one of the few that might be worthwhile given that Mason is still in good form.

Famous Mortimer

I was going to say Northern Uproar but unfortunately they already went and reformed in 2006.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Unfortunately they already went and formed in the '90s.

Crabwalk

wosl

Pale Saints and/or Disco Inferno, please.  I wouldn't mind seeing a 'proper' config. of The La's having a bash at reforming as well (I'd go for the Mavers/Mavers/Power/Cammell line-up).

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Dr Syntax Head

The Senseless Things. I bet it would be bad though

SteveDave

Quote from: Phil_A on September 13, 2019, 02:35:12 PM
I agree, but somehow I don't think Dr Sice would be able to manage a band schedule with his current commitments. Unless it was purely a one-off, last time ever reunion like the recent Microdisney shows.

I've just seen that Sice is playing the Shiiiine On Weekender at Minehead Butlins in November.

McChesney Duntz

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Richard Wattis.
EDIT: Maybe there *was* a band called this at the time, to be fair. I can just imagine a band with this name in session on Mark Radcliffe's show. Anyway, I've been told to pack this nonsense in, so That's the last time I'll be writing this name on 'ere ( unless there's a discussion of " Sykes" on the comedy forum).

holyzombiejesus

I've mentioned them already but Jack's Pioneer Soundtracks was one of the debuts of the decade and still sounds so invigorating today. Anthony Reynolds has become a bit of a caricature nowadays but I never got to see them live so would quite like to see one of those Don't Look Back style shows where they did the first LP. And would like The Delgados to do something so that people notice that they were fucking brilliant.