Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:18:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

JPEGMAFIA - All My Heroes Are Cornballs

Started by Ja'moke, September 13, 2019, 03:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ja'moke

Some discordant hip-hop for your Friday listening pleasure. It's more melodic than his previous album, Veteran, but still maintains that rough and ready sound that he does so well.

Singles:

Jesus Forgive Me, I Am A Thot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjd5fSPjZLQ

Beta Male Strategies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxNqGFO0ppc

alan nagsworth

Hello Ja'moke!

I forgot this had come out and listening now, I'm enjoying it, thanks to this thread. It's not quite the sort of thing I would typically listen to when I want some hip hop but it is a really rich and interesting palette of sounds. I really need to listen to more hip hop though, and I absolutely love that it's firing off in so many fascinating directions right now, and this dude seems to be making great strides in that regard. Veteran didn't really grab me much but I'm digging this more.

sevendaughters

I really like JPEGMAFIA. Him and Obnox and They Hate Change and Clipping are doing some great stuff out in leftfield. Not my fav JPEG release this but solid. He has moved toward the mainstream (which, to be fair to hip-hop, is pretty far out at the moment).

Ja'moke

Quote from: alan nagsworth on September 19, 2019, 06:12:28 PM
Hello Ja'moke!

I forgot this had come out and listening now, I'm enjoying it, thanks to this thread. It's not quite the sort of thing I would typically listen to when I want some hip hop but it is a really rich and interesting palette of sounds. I really need to listen to more hip hop though, and I absolutely love that it's firing off in so many fascinating directions right now, and this dude seems to be making great strides in that regard. Veteran didn't really grab me much but I'm digging this more.

I prefer this new one to Veteran as an overall record. Veteran had some amazing highs, but Cornballs feels more cohesive as a project. I'm impressed by how he's managed to remain experimental while creating a more melodic album.