Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:22:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

David Cameron interviewed on Brexit

Started by Ambient Sheep, September 14, 2019, 12:17:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ambient Sheep

Absolutely fascinating interview with David Cameron in tomorrowtoday's Times here:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/david-cameron-interview-boris-johnson-brexit-and-the-referendum-9gkxqghv9

found via this BBC story:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49690618

It's all to plug his upcoming memoirs but that doesn't make it any the less interesting.

Basically he beats himself up every single day for not selling Remain better, wished he'd thought to sell the Irish border problem more, thinks Boris is behaving very badly indeed, that Gove was his ex-bestie who sold him out, that the pair of them lied over Turkey and the £350m, and that he can't sleep at night.  Oh and that Priti Patel is a twat.

Goldentony

all that said like, he still needs to have his innards removed live on television

Shit Good Nose

Matt Baker: "How do you sleep at night?"
David "Dave" "Honest Dave" Cameron: "Very comfortably on a bed made of £350million."

Twed

David, why does your face look Photoshopped even in person?

Twit 2

It's not fascinating: he comes across as just the sort of clueless, wishy-washy, evasive cunt you'd expect. He "wants Johnson to succeed." Cunt.

Ambient Sheep

Well I found it fascinating, your mileage clearly varied.

In context, it seems clear to me that he wants Johnson to succeed in getting a deal, he doesn't want a no-deal Brexit.

Just because I found the interview interesting, doesn't mean I like the man.  Quite apart from anything else, I know far too many people, myself included, who suffered at the hands of the DWP underneath him for that.

Operty1

Seems a bit rum that he essentially vanished from public life for so long after fucking the country them emerges years later to make money from his memoirs about it.

Boo fucking hoo David.

Also, no surprise Gove turns out to be a colossal cunt even to his mates.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Operty1 on September 14, 2019, 02:13:52 AM
Seems a bit rum that he essentially vanished from public life for so long after fucking the country them emerges years later to make money from his memoirs about it.

Boo fucking hoo David.

Indeed.  Now we know why he's been keeping quiet all this time; saving it for the memoirs.

Sebastian Cobb

Most of us work relatively unimportant jobs, all things considered and if we fuck up we risk the sack or prosecution.

That cunt gambled the country and lost, and the main repercussion is he's had to sit in his shed wanking writing his memoirs.

In an ideal world he'd be dangling from a lamppost. #optics

easytarget

It's leaked, here's the chapters:
Earl-y Privilege
Beastly Fagging and Hot Crumpet Shame
Fucking A Pig
Inevitable Rise to Power
Fucking A Pig (Redux)
Fucking It Up
Reinvention: My Reality TV Future

Dr Rock

ajsmith2

Quote from: Operty1 on September 14, 2019, 02:13:52 AM

Boo fucking hoo David.

Just following the Blair template isn't he? (Although Blair chose to concentrate more on fucking overseas countries I guess). Even the 3 year turnaround is exactly the same. (Blair steps down in 2007, memoirs 2010; Cam whistles off into the sunset 2016, memoirs 2019).

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: easytarget on September 14, 2019, 05:58:29 AM
It's leaked, here's the chapters:
Earl-y Privilege
Beastly Fagging and Hot Crumpet Shame
Fucking A Pig
Inevitable Rise to Power
Fucking A Pig (Redux)
Fucking It Up
Reinvention: My Reality TV Future
My Wife Fucking Frightens Me, Just Look At Those Cold, Killer Eyes, I'm Just Grateful She's Not Offed Me And Dismembered Me In The Bath By Now

mrpupkin

How are you all reading it, Times subscribers are ye?

a duncandisorderly

interesting.  cheers for the link.

"According to the book, his chancellor, George Osborne, refers to this day to "you and your f***ing referendum".

Twit 2

Quote from: mrpupkin on September 14, 2019, 09:04:53 AM

I'm not a subscriber but it let me read it.

Buelligan

From a purely selfish pov, there was I, quietly slaving away on minimum wage, keeping my head down but just above the water most of the time.  Bullingdon Dave decides, because some of the cunt tories won't shut up and let him be completely in charge, to throw a sop to them, just to keep them quiet, a wheeze so's he and his mates can stay running things without dissent.

He gambles my life and the lives of millions like me on it, why not?  It won't cost him anything.

Why should he worry about people he'll never meet, the closest he'll ever come to them is when they clean his house or press his suits.  He gambles our lives. 

He loses to other cunts, just like him, cunts that are his friends, cunts he went to school with. 

And then walks off whistling on his well-fed fucking legs, to retire, if he likes, under 50.  Just leaves us to clean up the shit he's just delivered. 

They're taking away my right to use the NHS.  Maybe I'll lose my home and job too.  I just have to keep working and paying my tax and obeying the law now do I, will I have any pension rights, any health care rights, even at 75 (should I get there)? 

As has been said, string him up.  How anyone can consider voting for these fucking cunts, I cannot even start to imagine what the fuck is wrong with them.

Urinal Cake

David Cameron: If only my legacy was about me having sex with a pig.

Plus who trusts a Gove? His adoptive parents probably tried to give him back after half a hour.

Captain Z

I hope a lack of appropriate post-Brexit health and safety legislation results in an accident as he attends the pulping of his unsold books.

Petey Pate

Absolutely ridiculous to expect someone from history to understand the world now.  He'll just be confused, and frightened by our modern ways. What the Times have done is cruel and wrong, and they should send him back to his own time immediately.

I used to wonder if Cameron being a father to a disabled son might give him a bit more humanity.  I've generally found that parents who look after disabled kids tent to be extremely compassionate and caring.  I think Cameron is probably the exception to the rule, and there is no way back from the bullingdon club.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: mrpupkin on September 14, 2019, 09:04:53 AM

Nope, but it let me have one free read; when I tried to click through to another article it said I'd reached my limit.

You could try clearing your cookies for the Times website, failing that I did take a copy if anyone's desperate.  There is quite a lot in it that the Beeb left out.

Quote from: Petey Pate on September 14, 2019, 12:05:03 PM
If it's any consolation, pre-sales of his memoirs have not been good and some bookstores are refusing to stock it.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/13/for-the-record-signs-of-trouble-before-david-cameron-book-hits-shelves

Although my first reaction is "Yessss!", I have mixed feelings about this, given that the profits are allegedly going to charity.  I wonder if all of "Call Me Dave"'s cut is, or only some of it?  If the latter, I hope it does indeed tank.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Buelligan on September 14, 2019, 10:40:08 AMStuff.

Excellent post.

For what little it's worth, he claims that the humming as he headed back to the door of Number 10 was to calm his nerves in case the door didn't open for him; apparently that had happened once before and he was nervous in case it happened again.  Poor poor man.

Quote from: Mrs Wogans lemon drizzle on September 14, 2019, 12:30:49 PMI used to wonder if Cameron being a father to a disabled son might give him a bit more humanity.  I've generally found that parents who look after disabled kids tent to be extremely compassionate and caring.  I think Cameron is probably the exception to the rule, and there is no way back from the bullingdon club.

Oh I dunno.  I think it probably had some effect, in that it probably made him a bit more humane relative to some of the other ghouls in his party (Maybot, anyone?), and it does seem that he was a bit gentler on the NHS than he could have been -- I get the impression it suffered less from austerity than all the other departments (although I won't be surprised if Zetetic or somebody comes along and tells me otherwise).

But to me he certainly seems to have been the most NHS-friendly of the four Tory PMs I've known (too early to tell with Johnson, although it looks as if he'll be selling it all to Trump) and just imagine if Hague, IDS or Howard had ever won an election *shudder*.

But yeah, no Damascene conversion: as you say Eton and Bullingdon leave their mark, even if he did confess to heavy dope-smoking at Eton and later on with his wife too.

Pingers

Look, Dave (do you mind if I call you Dave?), if you can somehow manage to convene a private meeting with Johnson, Gove, Patel, Raab and all those other slug cunts in quite a small room, then pop on a suicide vest and do the right thing, then I'll let you off. Nothing less, mind.

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on September 14, 2019, 01:30:40 PM
Excellent post.

For what little it's worth, he claims that the humming as he headed back to the door of Number 10 was to calm his nerves in case the door didn't open for him; apparently that had happened once before and he was nervous in case it happened again.  Poor poor man.

Oh I dunno.  I think it probably had some effect, in that it probably made him a bit more humane relative to some of the other ghouls in his party (Maybot, anyone?), and it does seem that he was a bit gentler on the NHS than he could have been -- I get the impression it suffered less from austerity than all the other departments (although I won't be surprised if Zetetic or somebody comes along and tells me otherwise).

But to me he certainly seems to have been the most NHS-friendly of the four Tory PMs I've known (too early to tell with Johnson) and just imagine if Hague, IDS or Howard had ever won an election *shudder*.

But yeah, no Damascene conversion: as you say Eton and Bullingdon leave their mark, even if he did confess to heavy dope-smoking at Eton and later on with his wife too.

Aye, he seems to be slightly less awful than some of his peers, and the slight contrition he is showing for Brexit is more than we ever got from Blair regarding Iraq.  All a very low bar, granted.