Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:33:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

David Cameron interviewed on Brexit

Started by Ambient Sheep, September 14, 2019, 12:17:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Petey Pate

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on September 14, 2019, 01:15:07 PMAlthough my first reaction is "Yessss!", I have mixed feelings about this, given that the profits are allegedly going to charity.  I wonder if all of "Call Me Dave"'s cut is, or only some of it?  If the latter, I hope it does indeed tank.

I doubt that the charities involved would receive more than a minuscule amount of the profits. Publishing contracts generally stipulate that authors receive a small percentage of royalties after x number of book sales. High profile authors like 'Call Me Dave' would usually be paid an advance fee as an 'incentive' to write the book. Even if he did privately donate this sum to a cause, I wouldn't be concerned about charities losing out on the book's dismal sales.

If the book's purpose was to raise money for charity, there would likely be way more publicity about it. There'd also be little need for a big publisher like HarperCollins to be involved, as their raison d'être is business. I do like the idea of Cameron starting a Go Fund Me or Patreon to help him self publish his memoirs as an online eBook though.

chveik

Alberon

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on September 14, 2019, 09:00:33 AM
My Wife Fucking Frightens Me, Just Look At Those Cold, Killer Eyes, I'm Just Grateful She's Not Offed Me And Dismembered Me In The Bath By Now

That Time I Forgot How Many Kids I Had And Left One In The Pub. We Did Go Back For Her Didn't We?

Blue Jam

greenman

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on September 14, 2019, 01:30:40 PM
But yeah, no Damascene conversion: as you say Eton and Bullingdon leave their mark, even if he did confess to heavy dope-smoking at Eton and later on with his wife too.

The mark more than anything is probably the dehumanisation of anyone outside of his close circle of family and friends.

Blumf

What would have happened if Cameron didn't call the ref? Would UKIP have continued eating their (and some of Labour's) base?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Blumf on September 14, 2019, 05:07:26 PM
What would have happened if Cameron didn't call the ref? Would UKIP have continued eating their (and some of Labour's) base?

Yes but not with any threat of gaining many, if any MPs.

The issue was safely in a bottle. Sure, there were agitators but it was totally under control, and not a priority for most people in the polling... and he chose to unleash this hell on us.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on September 14, 2019, 12:17:48 AM
Basically he beats himself up every single day for not selling Remain better

I wish he'd stop and let someone else have a go, tbh.

Alberon

He never did perfect the ability to look human, did he?

Think that's a lamp. David Cameron is the one on the right.

Butchers Blind

The best that I hope for him is he's dragged naked over concrete from Lands End to John o'Groats then a pig fucks him in the mouth.

Trying to make the public feel sorry for him. CUNT!

On reflection, he does look a bit photoshopped, but I think that's just a side-effect of the time travel. When you cut a man from his time and paste him into ours, he never quite fits in perfectly.  Very unlikely they had photoshop back in 2016.

Sebastian Cobb

Legend has it he looks poorly exposed in the flesh.

Alberon

He's not even mastered the art of sitting on sofas.

NoSleep

idunnosomename

What the fuck is wrong ith sams face. She looks like that playstation advert

danielreal2k

Looks like The Guardian have gone down The Sun/Liverpool route by mistake and got awfully lost with privileged pain.

"We've gone The Sun by mistake"

Alberon

'Privileged pain'?

'Privileged Pain'?!?

Utter motherfucking bastards! The Guardian is run by a bunch of fucking cunts who really should be taken out and shot.

The idea that top-notch healthcare and a wealthy background somehow compensates even slightly for the total devestation of losing a child is fucking obscene.

Anyone who is willing to put their name to shit like that doesn't deserve to live.

Fucking, FUCKING cunts!

Paul Calf

Tell you what though: it makes the shocks a lot easier to absorb.

Replies From View

Quote from: Paul Calf on September 16, 2019, 04:39:28 PM
Tell you what though: it makes the shocks a lot easier to absorb.

Just ask the Michelin Man.

sponk

Quote from: Alberon on September 16, 2019, 04:27:33 PM
'Privileged pain'?

'Privileged Pain'?!?

Utter motherfucking bastards! The Guardian is run by a bunch of fucking cunts who really should be taken out and shot.

The idea that top-notch healthcare and a wealthy background somehow compensates even slightly for the total devestation of losing a child is fucking obscene.

Anyone who is willing to put their name to shit like that doesn't deserve to live.

Fucking, FUCKING cunts!

I feel your anger. When I read that piece I couldn't stop thinking about a "Privileged Pain Ladder", DC is at, say, rung 8 and the people whose kids die in worse NHS hospitals are at 7...but where are the people in Africa whose children die in their arms in huts? The point I'm failing to make is that everyone is privileged compared to someone else. It doesn't really do much to point that out in such a crass way.

touchingcloth

I still reeember the privelege I felt on hearing of the pain of a dead infant in the Cameron household. Instead of sheep, that night I went to bed counting chickens as they came home to roost.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for news of Tony Blair's loved ones being taken out by a drone strike on a funeral.

imitationleather

I'm not bent or nothing but I think yukking it up over someone's dead son is possibly a bit too rich for my blood.

Replies From View

Quote from: touchingcloth on September 16, 2019, 06:50:27 PM
I still reeember the privelege I felt on hearing of the pain of a dead infant in the Cameron household. Instead of sheep, that night I went to bed counting chickens as they came home to roost.

And had a large hardback Hitler book been concealed in their coop?

touchingcloth

Quote from: Replies From View on September 16, 2019, 06:55:09 PM
And had a large hardback Hitler book been concealed in their coop?

No, but they all turned into owls and started asking how many twits make a test, and then I fell soundly asleep.

sponk

How do you know they moved the book after Sam's pic? Maybe they put it there FOR Dave's. Think harder, guys.