Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:01:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Brexit Thread 8 - Who Will Survive And What Will Be Left Of Them?

Started by Dr Rock, September 14, 2019, 05:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buelligan

Quote from: imitationleather on September 15, 2019, 12:12:03 PM
When has he been in front of big crowds like that? I can't think of any examples myself.

Me neither, he always comes across as a hapless posh twat that people feel a bit sorry for (if they don't know him).

I urge you to watch this, I make no apologies for posting it again, I think it's so worthwhile I want everyone to see and share it.  Only 5 minutes of your time.

Ferris

Quote from: Alberon on September 15, 2019, 10:10:59 AM
The Leavers seem to be swinging towards the Tories on the grounds that Brexit means Brexit no matter what twat is in charge and the Lib Dems are surging due to their clear stance on Remain.

At the moment Labour's ambivalent stance seems to be hurting it far more than it helps.

Of course, Labour really advanced in the last General Election campaign, but Johnson is far more of a showman and campaigner than May so that is far from being guaranteed to happen again.

Agree with all of this.

peanutbutter

Quote from: Mrs Wogans lemon drizzle on September 15, 2019, 12:06:00 PM
I think we're heading for another hung parliament, with an alliance for remain (SNP, LD, GREEN, LAB) forming a coalition, hopefully keeping out the Torys and the Brexit party.
LD entering a coalition with the Tories on the basis that a larger collection of parties wouldn't be viable and that the Tories have agreed to support a referendum, which they'll delay and leverage for as long as they can to totally neutralise the LD's, who will be happy with that situation as it means they've to do fuck all while retaining their one policy.

Fambo Number Mive

Lib Dems 2021 - We will support a Tory No Deal Brexit in exchange for raising the carrier bag charge to 15p

Ferris

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on September 15, 2019, 09:29:22 PM
Lib Dems 2021 - We will support a Tory No Deal Brexit in exchange for raising the carrier bag charge to 15p

Or just a go in ministerial cars for a bit. How anyone can vote lib dem after the tuition fee debacle is beyond me.

TrenterPercenter

Westminster voting intention:

CON: 28% (-2)
LAB: 27% (-2)
LDEM: 20% (+3)
BREX: 13% (-)
GRN: 5% (+1)

via @ComRes
Chgs. w/ 08 Sep

Just to highlight the futility of polls at the minute.

We are really just back where May left off, bluffing away and trying to court the right-wing but sure enough time will run out and another Tory leader will have to face reality.

Dr Rock

Quote from: Dr Rock on September 15, 2019, 08:06:20 AM
No matter what happens they never dip below 30% in the polls. Maybe someone knows a point, maybe before Major vs Blair when they did, but there core base of cunts and stupid people is very loyal. The Tories could could elect a lying buffoon for a leader and have presided over a genocide of disableds and still not dip below 30%.

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on September 15, 2019, 09:59:10 PMWestminster voting intention:

CON: 28% (-2)
LAB: 27% (-2)
LDEM: 20% (+3)
BREX: 13% (-)
GRN: 5% (+1)

via @ComRes
Chgs. w/ 08 Sep

Well I'll eat my hat.

Dr Rock

Captain Z

Finally, some tangible evidence of the positives of Brexit - Snickers is changing back to Marathon!

jamiefairlie

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on September 15, 2019, 09:59:10 PM
Just to highlight the futility of polls at the minute.

We are really just back where May left off, bluffing away and trying to court the right-wing but sure enough time will run out and another Tory leader will have to face reality.

Polls all over the place at the moment, saw another one this week that had Tories on 38%. Never seen them this inconsistent.

Replies From View

Quote from: Dr Rock on September 15, 2019, 10:39:07 PM
Well I'll eat my hat.

I suspected it would start going this low once Chris Chibnall became showrunner.

Paul Calf

BlodwynPig

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: jamiefairlie on September 16, 2019, 05:11:41 AM
Polls all over the place at the moment, saw another one this week that had Tories on 38%. Never seen them this inconsistent.

It has been mentioned before.

It is likely to do with their sampling methods.

If they are just approaching people randomly, they can't force people to respond, therefore people that do respond are likely to really want to, i.e. have strong feelings about polarizing issues such as Brexit.  If they have a sample draw from advertising (so participants effectively approach them, or had previously approached them in the past) with a reward system like YouGov then the same applies plus this is a specific sample itself.  Whether you are doing this online (you'd be amazed how quickly an older person can learn to use a computer if they've got something they want to complain about) or telephone (which tends to be a bit more accurate).

Then you have the different permutations of weightings that each pollster uses which can accentuate any biased sampling.

Looking at the polling in the run up to GE 2017, there was a noticeable loss of support for the Tories across all polls within about 3 weeks of May announcing the election.  This loss of support occurred before the Manchester Bombing, which with the mud thrown at Corbyn over national security this should have boosted the Tories.

My opinion is that Labours tacticians have considered the protracted use of MSM media as being a net loss in the long-term.  By not "being on TV" so much it allows for a kind of Blitzkrieg media campaign over a shorter, fairer, purdah.

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: Captain Z on September 16, 2019, 01:17:20 AM
Finally, some tangible evidence of the positives of Brexit - Snickers is changing back to Marathon!
Leavers won't be happy until Cif is changed back to Jif

BlodwynPig

ajsmith2

Solo Bettel press conference instead:

'Bettel says Luxembourg's priority is to protect the single market.

He says the EU needs firm proposals.

He says the EU will not grant another extension to the UK just for the sake of it.

The UK has always been a close friend of Luxembourg's, he says. That will not change because of Brexit.

But people need clarity and certainty. You cannot hold a country hostage for party political reasons.

Gesturing towards the empty stadium, he says the clock is ticking. Johnson needs to use his time wisely.'

It's nice to see him consigned to the same fate that befell May. After finally getting the job he felt so entitled to, every day is a living nightmare of his own making. May did it out of some mad, robotic sense of duty, but he's only in it for himself, for his ego, for his legacy so you know it's hurting him, deep down. Going home to his Tory-pretty girlfriend who'll reassure him he's doing a great job with the same conviction with which she fakes her orgasms.

Replies From View

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on September 16, 2019, 04:40:33 PM
Going home to his Tory-pretty girlfriend who'll reassure him he's doing a great job with the same conviction with which she fakes her orgasms.

Top marks for this!

Buelligan

He doesn't really mean it Huxleys, he's just applauding to make you feel better about your hopeless performance.

Cloud

bgmnts

You could know nothing about politics or politicians, tune into a Boris Johnson interview on the bbc news and instantly know he's one of the worst bellends going who has no ideas, no policies, no point to his existence beyond fulfilling his career ambitions he feels he's entitled to.

Kill all these cunts.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Buelligan on September 16, 2019, 07:04:33 PM
He doesn't really mean it Huxleys, he's just applauding to make you feel better about your hopeless performance.

Completely possible for both of these scenarios to be true

jamiefairlie

Quote from: bgmnts on September 16, 2019, 10:18:57 PM
You could know nothing about politics or politicians, tune into a Boris Johnson interview on the bbc news and instantly know he's one of the worst bellends going who has no ideas, no policies, no point to his existence beyond fulfilling his career ambitions he feels he's entitled to.

Kill all these cunts.

How on earth is he so successful with 'the ladies'? I mean, I know attraction is subjective but by all measures he's just a totally charmless, lumbering shambolic mess of a human being, I just can't see it.

imitationleather

Quote from: jamiefairlie on September 16, 2019, 11:21:26 PM
he's just a totally charmless, lumbering shambolic mess of a human being

Accusation can be levelled at most people on this forum and quite a few have apparently nonetheless got with naked women and done stuff.

Add in his colossal amounts of power and money and baby you got yourself a stew.

Dr Rock

I've never seen a photo of any of his ladies, maybe they're all fugly.