Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:32:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Apocalypse News Part 94: Critical Saudi oil refinery zapped by drone.

Started by Paul Calf, September 14, 2019, 10:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Calf

Things are about to get REALLY expensive:

QuoteThe world's largest oil processing facility has been hit in a drone attack.
The Abqaiq facility in Saudi Arabia and the Khurais oil field, operated by the state owned Saudi Aramco, were hit early on Saturday, according to the kingdom's interior ministry.
The strike caused a huge fire at the facility, which is of critical importance to global energy supplies.
Almost half of the kingdom's estimated oil output is thought to have been impacted by the attacks, according to sources speaking to Reuters news agency.
The Wall Street Journal reported that Saudi Arabia was shutting down half its oil output following the strikes.

https://news.sky.com/story/saudi-arabia-drone-attack-sparks-fire-at-worlds-largest-oil-processing-facility-11809206

Dex Sawash

Cuellar

Paul Calf

Cuellar

Cuellar

Everyone should be attacking Saudi's oil refineries, all the time

I think on the WarNerd podcast a couple months ago they were making the point that the West does not actually want war with Iran, because using low-tech attacks like this Iran could quickly target oil refineries and water sources in the Gulf states and cripple all of the U.S. allies/world economy.

Interesting...

Alberon

Urinal Cake

The 'War Nerd' was predicting this for a long time. Sure the Houthi's slogan might be 'Curse on the Jews' but hell as the little guy you almost feel happy for them.
But Saudi doesn't buy overpriced weapons off the US for nothing- I mean they wouldn't use themselves just get a bunch of US and Africans soldiers to do that for them. 

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on September 14, 2019, 10:58:07 PM
I think on the WarNerd podcast a couple months ago they were making the point that the West does not actually want war with Iran, because using low-tech attacks like this Iran could quickly target oil refineries and water sources in the Gulf states and cripple all of the U.S. allies/world economy.

Interesting...
Yes only the US military industrial complex could take a low cost weapon like a drone and make it a $150 million flying target.

Urinal Cake

Desalination plants and other utilities will be next to really squeeze the population.
I don't doubt there is some Iranian involvement because frankly this advantages them.

Captain Z

Quote from: Urinal Cake on September 14, 2019, 11:16:58 PM
Desalination plants and other utilities will be next to really squeeze the population.
I don't doubt there is some Iranian involvement because frankly this advantages them.

Desalination

petril

Pingers

Now would be the ideal time for the Tories to reaffirm their disinterest in renewable energy infrastructure

NJ Uncut

New Jack's Big Oil new employers shit selves

Edit: the tone of the chat about this is worried but we do over 200k barrels of oil a day maybe this would be good for business? Shit, I'm turning into a company man

Urinal Cake

It's now called the Saudi 9/11
2605 barrels dead in an instant.

Whose drones? Whose missiles? Where were they launched? Yemen? Iraq? Iran? Within Saudi Arabia itself?
Doesn't matter let's just war.

a duncandisorderly

where was elon musk when this happened? I bet he's in a cave somewhere, plotting his next move.

Mobius

Why doesn't the world just get together and decide to fuck America off.

Fucking sick of them.

poo

Paul Calf

Quote from: The Boston Crab on September 17, 2019, 06:46:51 AM
Let's nuke these cunts into the 13th century.

BOTH SIDES

I'm not sure we have the resources to propel Saudi Arabia's legal system 200 years into the future.

/satire

Urinal Cake

Quote from: Head Gardener on September 17, 2019, 09:53:14 PM
shit could be worse
Zing!

shit could be worse
Until Trump you'd say nuclear weapons wouldn't be an issue. But against Iran which doesn't have any real nuclear capability to strike back and Trump's suspect knowledge of what nuclear fallout is I'd say a nuke launched against Iran is 50-50.

Jittlebags

Filled my motorbike with simian love fuel this morning, so I'm ok.

massive bereavement

Quote from: Urinal Cake on September 18, 2019, 12:55:58 AM
Zing!
Until Trump you'd say nuclear weapons wouldn't be an issue. But against Iran which doesn't have any real nuclear capability to strike back and Trump's suspect knowledge of what nuclear fallout is I'd say a nuke launched against Iran is 50-50.

Relax, for now, David Shaylar Christ says the world isn't coming to an end until 22nd August 2021.

https://twitter.com/Gods_Spy/status/1170298113850060801

Alberon

Fucks sake. Couldn't the end of the world wait another week until my birthday?

Flouncer

shit could be worse

I was kind of disappointed with that simulation - if there was a nuclear holocaust and Sheffield didn't get bombed, I would be deprived of the opportunity to actually live through Threads. I suppose there's fuck-all worth bombing now, up here in the desolate north.