Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:36:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Apocalypse News Part 94: Critical Saudi oil refinery zapped by drone.

Started by Paul Calf, September 14, 2019, 10:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Flouncer on September 19, 2019, 10:39:10 AM
I was kind of disappointed with that simulation - if there was a nuclear holocaust and Sheffield didn't get bombed, I would be deprived of the opportunity to actually live through Threads. I suppose there's fuck-all worth bombing now, up here in the desolate north.

Midlands, surely

Blumf

Quote from: Flouncer on September 19, 2019, 10:39:10 AM
I was kind of disappointed with that simulation - if there was a nuclear holocaust and Sheffield didn't get bombed, I would be deprived of the opportunity to actually live through Threads.

It's too late anyway, they knocked down the 'egg box' New Town Hall. We will never get the pleasure of seeing it hit with a strategic nuke now.

imitationleather

Oh. So is the north seemingly getting away unhurt what they mean by "The living will envy the dead?"

massive bereavement

I would have thought Fylingdales would be the first place to go up.

Zetetic

QuoteIran was responsible for the attacks on two Saudi oil facilities earlier this month, leaders from the United Kingdom, France and Germany have said in a joint statement at the United Nations.
"It is clear for us that Iran bears responsibility for this attack. There is no other plausible explanation," the three leaders said in the joint statement released by France.

The three countries said they remained committed to the 2015 Iran nuclear deal, but demanded that Tehran return to full compliance after reneging on some of its commitments.
https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2019/09/france-germany-britain-leaders-iran-saudi-oil-attack-190923201421030.html

(Noting that Germany has been more sceptical of allegations pinning blame on Iran for this or that in the recent past.)

Zetetic

hamfist

Quote from: massive bereavement on September 19, 2019, 01:30:12 PM
I would have thought Fylingdales would be the first place to go up.

I agree, they'd rag it to utter fuck in seconds with cruise missiles launched from subs just off the coast. In Threads they first detonated a high altitude burst over the North Sea to cause an EMP to muck up equipment.

Quote from: Zetetic on September 23, 2019, 10:35:44 PM
https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2019/09/france-germany-britain-leaders-iran-saudi-oil-attack-190923201421030.html

(Noting that Germany has been more sceptical of allegations pinning blame on Iran for this or that in the recent past.)

Phew, case closed! There is no more credible source than the governments of the US, UK, and Germany, particularly when they can only bring themselves to say that the main evidence is that "there is no other plausible explanation."

Zetetic

I suppose that's a ... perspective.

More important is probably that they are endorsing this claim, whether you believe it or not.

Stena Impero released.

Paul Calf