Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 04:47:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Datablasts

Started by beanheadmcginty, September 15, 2019, 01:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beanheadmcginty

Here's something the youngsters won't ever have any concept of. Videoing the end credits so you could read additional material using the pause button. Was Bad Influence the first programme to have this? I remember Lee and Herring had one too, was it on Fist of Fun? I wonder if anyone has these stored somewhere.

JesusAndYourBush

Going back even further, does anyone remember holding a tape recorder up next to the speaker to record the bibbly-bibbly-bibbly sounds during the end credits and then attempting and failing to get it to load.  I didn't even have a BBC Micro but on the few times I had access to one I brought along the tape, and it never loaded.  I might even still have it.

Spiteface

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on September 15, 2019, 01:04:17 PM
Here's something the youngsters won't ever have any concept of. Videoing the end credits so you could read additional material using the pause button. Was Bad Influence the first programme to have this? I remember Lee and Herring had one too, was it on Fist of Fun? I wonder if anyone has these stored somewhere.

Bad Influence was the first one I remember. Adam & Joe used to do them as well, what with the Adam & Joe Show being "a high-density programme - start taping now!" (which I did.) - they would do them just before going to adverts and just after coming back.