Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,322
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:22:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Your first three albums

Started by kitsofan34, September 16, 2019, 12:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitsofan34

A hypothetical.

You're a professional musician. Taking into account, if you choose to do so, the stereotypical career trajectories of musicians (difficult second album f.e), what's the name of your first three albums?

Kalabi

1. NME Think We're Dead Good
2. NME Won't Return My Calls
3. NME Think We're Dead Good Again After I Met The Editor In Rehab.

1. So Far, So Sexy
2. How Many Lightbulbs Does it Take to Change a Man (thomas edison concept album)
3. L.M.A.O (Let's Make Austerity Obsolete)

Icehaven

1. Caught A Break
2. Blew It
3. Caught A Break 10th Anniversary Reissue - remastered and with exclusive previously unreleased material (that wasn't good enough first time round.)

Neville Chamberlain

studpuppet

I'm envisaging a long Fall-like career, tipping my hat to pop culture references along the way so:

I Fought The Law And The Law 1
2 Drunk To F**k
Thunderbird 3
4 Candles
Slaughterhouse 5
etc.

People may have lost interest by N-N-N-N-19 so the swansong would have to be 20's Plenty to fulfil contractual obligations.

Neomod

1. Music to Undress To..
2. Hello, It's Us Again
3. Lysistrata - A Trip Hop Opera

boki

At It
At Large
At Leicester Prison (Live)

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

First Album
Second Album
Third Album, You Shower Of Cunts

Norton Canes

Romeo Tash
Kant Pock Improv
Para-Calli-Helio

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Neomod on September 16, 2019, 04:05:19 PM

That would actually work really well. Maybe do a Peter Gabriel- like " melty face" effect on one of 'em?

daf

Not a profesh musish, but, a few years ago, I did three via Garageband loops and 20 years worth of accumulated radio gold * (pretty much like what 'Public Service Broadcasting' ended up doing 3 years later)

1 : Errors in Time And Space - September 2006 (16 tracks & 1 hidden bonus = 72 minutes)
2 : Ghetto-Fabulous Bingo Tat - October 2006 (16 tracks & 2 hidden bonii = 64 minutes)

[Attempting two double albums in the space of a month wiped me out for a while & that difficult third album took me over 5 years to cobble together, eventually emerging, like a rare gas, as . . .]

3 : Good Old British Rubbish -  March 2012 (11 tracks - 45 minutes)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
* Guest vocals include : John Cooper Clarke, Count Arthur Strong, John Hegley, Bernard Wriggley, Ian Macmillan, Simon Armitage, Eric Thompson, Ray Brooks, Lord Haw-Haw, John Betjeman, Terry-Thomas & Dame Edith Evans

DukeDeMondo

2002: s/t (3x Platinum)

2008: riverrun, past Eve and Adams, from swerve of shore to bend of bay, brings us by a commodius vicus of recirculation back to Howth, Castle and Environs. (15'000 units)

2011: s/t (119 units)

alan nagsworth

1. Naggy 2 Dope Prezentz "Tha Hatchet Job": A Tribute to Insane Clown Posse
2. "Tearz of a Clown": A Tribute to Insane Clown Posse Vol. 2 - The Ballads
3. "Clownin' Around": Live At Gathering of the Juggalos

There's too much music in the world right now and I'm in no position to contribute anything new so as part of my mission to make all "new" releases the work of cover bands, I'd be getting the ball rolling by covering the work of one of the world's best already existing bands.

DrGreggles

1. Lance Percival
2. Denholm Elliot
3. Anton Rodgers

1. Angry, confrontational and don't give a fuck!
2. Rough Edges/Soft Centre (Contains mature ballads that don't manage to chime with pop audience and original fans hate)
3. Self Titled (An attempt to reset the clock and pretend the last record didn't happen)

purlieu

For one of my projects I was planning to release all my albums alphabetically. The first was 'Almost a Leg' and the second 'Bees'. I've come up with a title for the third album and it starts with Y, though, so I might sod the concept off.

PlanktonSideburns

1. Massiver Attack
2. Massivest Attack
3. Massive Attacker (ironic photo of Peter Crouch on the cover)

a duncandisorderly

it seems like ages ago. it is. but these are real.

another Mr. Lizard

Are there examples of artists/bands doing this for real? I played a Be Bop Deluxe box set over the weekend, and the author of the accompanying booklet notes reckons that the titles 'Axe Victim', 'Futurama' and 'Sunburst Finish' aptly describe a career arc for Bill Nelson ('Modern Music' and 'Drastic Plastic' arguably extending the concept).

Bently Sheds

1. Took 10 years

2. Took 10 months

3. Best of Bently Sheds (ep)

Brundle-Fly

The One With The Short Running Time That Everybody Likes  With The Best Tunes And Bold Pop Art On The Sleeve.
The One With The Long Running Time Everybody Admires With The Expensive Orchestral Arrangments And Moody Photography By A Renowned Graphic Designer.
The Back to Basics One Recorded Thirty Years Later at Toerag Studios With A Cover Painting By The Bass Player That Nobody Buys.

Neville Chamberlain

1. We'll release these songs later on a scrappily pieced-together "album" of out-takes and "lost EPs" that in no way does justice to the fact that some of this stuff is actually pretty good (in fact, what is clearly the best track is available here only in the form of a piss-poor live recording).

2. Our album! Look, an actual, proper album! Behold! (Doesn't contain a decent studio version of the brilliant but badly recorded live track).

3. Yeah, we did another album, but our singer left halfway through, so we got another singer who wasn't as good. We might release this in 25 years.

NOTE: Album 1 is released after Album 2 but before Album 3.

sevendaughters

Olá Brasil!: A Tribute to Bolsonaro
A New City in the Jungle
Malthus 2

studpuppet

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on September 17, 2019, 12:49:43 AM
1. Massiver Attack
2. Massivest Attack
3. Massive Attacker (ironic photo of Peter Crouch on the cover)

[tag]Ronalado leaves thread in tears[/tag]

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

1 (Your Band's Name ) Consider Rewrite
2 +1 Karma
3 WE BAMLEM JACK BAUER, SO WE DO