Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:55:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Best single line from a video game

Started by Pingers, September 16, 2019, 12:52:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twed

Pseudopath

HOW ABOUT SOME SCAT, YOU LITTLE TWAT?

Kelvin

Another fairly recent one. Kilton, a monster-obsessed shop owner in Breath of the Wild, explains that you can trade monster parts for his own special currency called Mon.

Not that funny out of context, but in the context of a very rural fantasy game like Zelda, I always found it very funny.

Twed

Not from a game but reminded me of this:

madhair60

Blue Jam

Mister Six

Spoon of Ploff

From the Walking Dead Season 2

"You know what it feels like being beaten, almost to death? Peaceful. It feels peaceful."

Poor old Kenny has been through the wars for a season and a half, spending most of that time winding people up or in a rage and losing everything (twice) along the way. The above spoken in a moment of calm is both chilling and heartbreaking.

The deficiencies of this Telltale offering as a game/interactive comic has been documented elsewhere, but I do think it has some very good dialogue and voice acting. Gavin Hammon's delivery of the above is spot on.

Also from the Walking Dead... Season 1 this time... is this line from Lee Everett (Dave Fennoy):

"I'm done digging up dead dogs for today"

Pure poetry there.

beanheadmcginty