Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 05:30:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Marianne - French Netflix horror

Started by holyzombiejesus, September 17, 2019, 11:25:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

holyzombiejesus

Anyone watched this yet? Feels really messy with a couple of nice set pieces. The lead woman is Alan Partridge's idea of a punk and she writes horror stories based on a character (Marianne) from recurring dreams/ visions she had as a child. She decides to stop writing about the character but Marianne has other ideas...

A few too any jump scares, some lame attempts at humour and quite predictable 'twists', but it's fun enough. Probably better than the new series of American Horror Story anyway.

jobotic

Is she as bad as the punks in Stranger Things 2? Watching Stranger Things 3 now, quite enjoying it. Couldn't find a thread for it here, did everyone think it was too bollocks to bother with?

Sorry holyzombiejesus.

holyzombiejesus

That's ok.

I'd quite like to watch a compilation of the depiction of punks in films and television. You'd have some punk Quincy in there.

QuoteWhen Quincy tries to enlist the youths' help in finding Abby before she dies, the scruffy, painted-up kids scoff, "This guy's been zapped by the brain police!" and insist, "You're the killers, man!"

She's not as bad as the ST2 punks. In fact, I guess she's not really a punk, just a hard-drinking pierced woman with coloured hair.

boki

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on September 17, 2019, 11:25:23 AM
Anyone watched this yet? Feels really messy with a couple of nice set pieces. The lead woman is Alan Partridge's idea of a punk and she writes horror stories based on a character (Marianne) from recurring dreams/ visions she had as a child. She decides to stop writing about the character but Marianne has other ideas...
"Clive, that's the plot of the Steven King novel The Dark Half - where have you really been?"

I did like that story though, so I might give this a bash.

Artie Fufkin

Have now watched the first 4 episodes.
I'm really enjoying it. Hated it when I first started watching it, until I realised Netflix was showing me the dubbed version.
I'm watching it on my iPad using headphones. The music / sound is used brilliantly. Ok, it's got some stupid bits in it. And the priest is a complete twat, I know not why. Maybe we get to see that later. The quirky policeman is great. Emma's 'assistant' is saucy.
Yes, liking it. Old school. V atmospheric. Lots of (intentional, I hope) nods to other films (Whistle And I'll Come To You, My Lad in the 4th episode. Did NOT like that bit) Will probably finish it tonight / tomoz.

Artie Fufkin

Ja'moke

Quote from: jobotic on September 17, 2019, 11:29:20 AM
Is she as bad as the punks in Stranger Things 2? Watching Stranger Things 3 now, quite enjoying it. Couldn't find a thread for it here, did everyone think it was too bollocks to bother with?

Stranger Things 3 thread here: https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,72281.0.html

I thought it was much better than the second season.