Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:06:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Party conference season

Started by Fambo Number Mive, September 18, 2019, 09:27:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Is anyone going to the Labour Party Conference this year? I can't make it but it would be interesting to hear from those who do how you get on.

I presume no one is going to the Tory or Lib Dem conferences. We probably have a few Greens on here and I know we have some SNP supporters.

A thread for discussion of the 2019 party conferences and your experiences there. When I was briefly a Lib Dem member during the Kennedy and Campbell eras I did go to one of the party conferences which was OK but even then I could tell the Lib Dems were becoming rubbish. Nick Clegg complaining we had too many laws. Yes, that's the real problem with Britain Nick.

Cuellar

Is it just one long fuckfest or what?

sevendaughters

Quote from: Cuellar on September 18, 2019, 09:41:49 AM
Is it just one long fuckfest or what?

Staffers and think-tank underlings fresh out of redbricks getting sweaty in front of the junior under minister for transport, boffing their flunky in a hostel, avoiding them the next day at the side panel they've found themselves working on together, getting the lunchtime train home full of regret, these things I have seen.

Alberon

UKIP are managing their usual fuckup even though there's very few of them left. The current leader (forgotten his name already) is boycotting the party conference as only 450 tickets sold.

It's a wonder they managed that many.

Fambo Number Mive

They must be really angry with Farage for splitting the right-wing Leave vote (as opposed to Lexiteers and other Leavers)

hamfist

Quote from: Alberon on September 18, 2019, 04:39:37 PM
UKIP are managing their usual fuckup even though there's very few of them left. The current leader (forgotten his name already) is boycotting the party conference as only 450 tickets sold.

It's a wonder they managed that many.

His name is Dick Braine. Unforgettable name.

Blumf

Which branch of Nando's is TingeUK holding their conference? Will the staff have to push together two tables to accommodate it?

imitationleather

Quote from: Blumf on September 18, 2019, 04:52:29 PM
Which branch of Nando's is TingeUK holding their conference? Will the staff have to push together two tables to accommodate it?

I think it's just Anna Soubry getting a Deliveroo with three bottles of white for a tenner from Costcutter isn't it?

BlodwynPig

No idea if these are the same as Change UK or something else.

QuoteOur Independent Group will be at the Plaid Cymru conference (4-5 October in Swansea); and the UKIP conference (20-21 September, Caerleon). They will also be hosting their own Independent Group conference at 18 Smith Square on 8 November 2019.

petril

I miss the days when normal half term telly was suddenly changed to what looked like dull folk on dull stages giving dull speeches, but with different trim colours.

oh, and when they showed the TUC one as well

Rich Uncle Skeleton

does Today At Conference on the BBC still have that theme tune with the bells and synth?