Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 08:00:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Not a leg to stand on

Started by BlodwynPig, September 18, 2019, 10:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Off to Chicago tomorrow so was surprised to get a call tonight from a B&B in Salford telling me they were expecting me tonight. I told them id booked for 1st October but they were having none of it. "You've paid for tonight"

And seemingly i have despite clicking their calendar thingy for 1st october.

I demanded a refund but i need to call the manager tomorrow.

I havent got a leg to stand on have I?

Shit Good Nose

Is one shorter than the other, anything against it etc?

touchingcloth

You don't have a leg to stand on, but you do have a bed to sleep in tonight.

PlanktonSideburns

go one man mental hospital on them - crying, screaming, smashing crockery, really go ape one the phone

wont get you anywhere, but what have you to lose?

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on September 18, 2019, 11:11:21 PM
go one man mental hospital on them - crying, screaming, smashing crockery, really go ape one the phone

wont get you anywhere, but what have you to lose?

Crockery. 

Blods eating off the floor.  Again.

idunnosomename

chicago and salford are basically the same. just stay in salford

Buelligan

I assume when you made the booking they sent you some sort of confirmation.  If that says tonight then, I'm afraid, all your leg are belong to us.

touchingcloth

Tell them that they've paid to stay in your house tonight. Post your keys to them and hound them until they stay in your house tonight. Do not take no for an answer.

honeychile

i have nothing against your not a leg to stand on the trouble is neither have you

Ferris

Threaten to send some heavies round.

Or go to Salford and do a shit on the bed.

It's September 18, not October 1 today. hth

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: Buelligan on September 18, 2019, 11:21:41 PM
I assume when you made the booking they sent you some sort of confirmation.  If that says tonight then, I'm afraid, all your leg are belong to us.

that. send them to coventry.

Flatulent Fox

BlodwynPig

Shoulders?-Stomach!

BlodwynPig

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: BlodwynPig on September 19, 2019, 07:46:36 AM

Hands up that's excellent

Chance your arm for a refund?

'Chest' say there's been a terrible 'cock'-up.

Icehaven

Can't you just ask them to move the booking to when you want it? Unless they're fully booked then of course. Threaten them with a slating on Tripadvisor, totally unfair tactic and you'll go to hell but it might work. If it does I wouldn't eat the breakfast though.

madhair60

BlodwynPig

Quote from: icehaven on September 19, 2019, 09:36:58 AM
Can't you just ask them to move the booking to when you want it? Unless they're fully booked then of course. Threaten them with a slating on Tripadvisor, totally unfair tactic and you'll go to hell but it might work. If it does I wouldn't eat the breakfast though.

She was being very combative on the phone and i pleaded to her humanity. In the end, small business, lose money (52 guests a night), so i...went full blodwyn "this is a threat!". She hung up.

Hey ho, whats 55 quid when ive just forked out 6 grand for my wife's visa. Throwing money into the void. Love it. LOVE IT

shiftwork2

It's simple - check in to the B&B, load up all the furniture and coffee-making facilities into a suitcase and take them to Chicago where you leave them in State Street as it's a great street.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: BlodwynPig on September 19, 2019, 10:25:05 AM
She was being very combative on the phone and i pleaded to her humanity. In the end, small business, lose money (52 guests a night), so i...went full blodwyn "this is a threat!". She hung up.

Hey ho, whats 55 quid when ive just forked out 6 grand for my wife's visa. Throwing money into the void. Love it. LOVE IT

Give it to a homeless person you bastard.

Small Man Big Horse

That or sell it to someone on Reddit for a quid on the condition that just before they leave tomorrow morning they cover the walls in shit.

Jerzy Bondov

shit i thought of a funny joke when reading the thread but forgot it, sorry!

BlodwynPig

Shit, got to Chicago. Checking into HIPSTER hotel from hell (chalkboard on door to write your cute messages, LPs in the lift, Alexa in the room) and they say that im not due until Saturday. Salford and Chicago, intertwined by Blodwyn's meltdown

bgmnts

Write AIDS TIER on the chalkboard.

Or write "Zodiac 2k19 (they'll never catch me)"

Brian Freeze

Or that demon head thingy that Nagsworth found in that flat.

Do you need a filofax to keep track of your busy schedule?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: bgmnts on September 20, 2019, 03:48:49 AM
Write AIDS TIER on the chalkboard.

Or write "Zodiac 2k19 (they'll never catch me)"

Let me get my bearings. Chicago's not a place for little boys.

Ferris

Quote from: BlodwynPig on September 20, 2019, 03:51:17 AM
Let me get my bearings. Chicago's not a place for little boys.

Tell that to the White Sox.

BlodwynPig